Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3618482)   #101
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cmon Chase, cmon Truex. Keep those cruise controls on 187mph.
Goodyear having a good day.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3618582)   #102
Bakemono
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
Bakemono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kudos to JJ for tieing Dale Sr's win total and a good points day for Kyle taking 3rd.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3618588)   #103
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you had a good time and good weather Canamman! Watched the race on TV. The low downforce package worked again, just like it did at Darlington and Kentucky, last year! It produced some good racing, throughout the field! All the drivers were very positive about it, especially Dale Jr.! I have hope that there will be allot of good racing at all of the non-restrictor plate tracks, this year! Now, if they could just do something to bring racing back to Daytona and Talladega!

Chase Elliott drove a great race today! Got his first top five finish! Ran in the top 10 all day, was up to 4th at one time! His lap time were often as fast as Johnson's and Earnhardt Jr's.. He keeps running like this and he's win a race or two this year! KUDOS Chase!

Last edited by R.Lee; 29 Feb 2016 at 09:46.
Old 1 Mar 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3619009)   #104
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
France endorses Trump, Camping World boss fuming.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/sto...e-donald-trump
Last year when The Donald began mentioning his great wall, it upset the boss of Camping World, and they pulled the award ceremony from his resort.
Rather amusingly Trump then decided to sponsor one of the back marker trucks.
Now that France has endorsed Trump he has thrown his toys out of the pram.

Trump was then endorsed by Bill and Chase Elliot, with David Ragan and Ryan Newman also present.
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/02/...rump-at-rally/

Last edited by Number4; 1 Mar 2016 at 13:20.
Old 1 Mar 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3619088)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
France endorses Trump, Camping World boss fuming.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/sto...e-donald-trump
Last year when The Donald began mentioning his great wall, it upset the boss of Camping World, and they pulled the award ceremony from his resort.
Rather amusingly Trump then decided to sponsor one of the back marker trucks.
Now that France has endorsed Trump he has thrown his toys out of the pram.

Trump was then endorsed by Bill and Chase Elliot, with David Ragan and Ryan Newman also present.
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/02/...rump-at-rally/
My childhood hero is a Trumper.
A Grand Wizard approves of the Don, too.
Oh well, we gotta pick one of these losers to run this country.

Back to real NASCAR, whatever that is these days, please
Old 3 Mar 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3619528)   #106
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
The Atlanta race was great, although I thought the coverage missed a lot of good racing focusing on cars that were 5 seconds apart.
The new low downforce package finally seems like a step in the right direction from the NASCAR rule makers.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the #20 car debrief on Monday morning, that was a debacle.
I see all five RCR prepared cars have been penalised heavily, and the#78 team have been hit even harder for body work violations.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3619695)   #107
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
The Atlanta race was great, although I thought the coverage missed a lot of good racing focusing on cars that were 5 seconds apart.
The new low downforce package finally seems like a step in the right direction from the NASCAR rule makers.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the #20 car debrief on Monday morning, that was a debacle.
I see all five RCR prepared cars have been penalised heavily, and the#78 team have been hit even harder for body work violations.
That seems to be the way that TV coverage goes. DW made a good point Sunday, "there were allot of good races happening all around the track, unfortunately, our cameras do not give us the ability to cover everything that we can see."
Old 5 Mar 2016, 02:07 (Ref:3620079)   #108
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
The Black Monster #41 on pole with new track record! Go Kurt!
Then #22,20,2,3,4
Old 5 Mar 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3620218)   #109
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I will be a 41 fan this weekend to. I like the
Tony Gibson story and how well he is working with
the Outlaw. How can you not root for a hometown win?
Back to Back poles needs to be rewarded!

My teams will always be 88,24,19,10.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 15:43 (Ref:3620229)   #110
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I think I will be a 41 fan this weekend to. I like the
Tony Gibson story and how well he is working with
the Outlaw. How can you not root for a hometown win?
Back to Back poles needs to be rewarded!

My teams will always be 88,24,19,10.
I like Kurt because he looks like he is going to snap at any moment. When he gets asked a stupid question by the media you never really know if he is going to hold it all together, or grab the reporter by the throat as his eyes start rolling in his head. With the "old man" in his pit box sitting there with a gut full of kidney stones, they are my favourite team.
I am looking forward to next year when they switch to the blue oval ( I had a bad experience with a GM car, and find it hard to support them). I like Penske, and think the #22 is the best looking car on the grid, but I just cannot bring myself to like the drivers, especially Logano, whom I intensely enjoyed Kenseth wrecking . The#41 Black Monster Ford will definitely be my favourite next year.
I did not realise I was a big fan of his brother Kyle until he was about ten foot out of the wall at Daytona last year. I found myself missing him in the #54 in the Xfinity races a lot. I am glad it had a positive effect on him, and it got him the Cup, as much of a joke that is now with the "Chase". I think the #18 will go on to be as successful as the #48 or the #3.
It is amazing that two brothers can both be so talented.
NASCAR's version of the Williams sisters?
Old 5 Mar 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3620234)   #111
canamman
Veteran

United States
I agree#4. I sat on Danicas radio all year
when Tony was crew chief. Just a bad combo.
When Kurt and Tony teamed up it showed me
that SHR has some smart fellas in the front office.
I just like all the different dynamics involved with that
team from top to bottom.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 23:15 (Ref:3620693)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like Vegas is turning into a dirt track race.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3620833)   #113
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Sounds like Vegas is turning into a dirt track race.
Yeah, it does. I have to say, that in the 58 years that I have been following this Division/Series, I have not ever seen a race run in weather conditions like that! Tropical storm force winds, (up to 50 mph) rain, a dust/sand storm, cloudy, sunny. About the only thing they didn't have was snow (which I was actually beginning to wonder when it was going to start falling) and a tornado, Thank God they didn't have one of those! Weather was just out and out STRANGE, yesterday! Hopefully, the weather will be nicer at Phoenix, this coming weekend.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3622598)   #114
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Phoenix was a heck of a finish, as close as the finish at Daytona! Congratulations Kevin Harvick.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3626869)   #115
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
  • F1's Kimi Raikkonen to NASCAR in 2017?: If rumors hold any weight, the sun is setting on Kimi Raikkonen's Formula One career, and he may look to land in NASCAR. He started racing again with the Ferrari team in 2014 (after racing with them from 2007 to 2009) and has just three podium finishes in 39 races. For the last year, many have speculated that Red Bull Racing's Daniel Ricciardo has his eye on Raikkonen's seat for 2017. In the past, he raced in the World Rally Championship and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Xfinity Series. It's his NASCAR experience -- one race in each the trucks series and Xfinity series in 2011 -- that is fueling the latest rumors. According to Tanja Bauer of Sky Sport News, Raikkonen could end up in a seat with Stewart-Haas Racing in 2017. It's all conjecture at this point. Stewart-Haas Racing co-owner and three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup winner Tony Stewart is retiring at the end of the season and giving up his seat to Clint Bowyer. The team also employs drivers Kevin Harvick, Danica Patrick and Kurt Busch. Right now there doesn't seem to be room for Raikkonen [as the team is at the max of four cars/drivers]. So if he were to join SHR, it would mean a current driver would leave. The best scenarios for that would be either Harvick or Patrick taking a hike [but Harvick says he is staying and Patrcik is signed thru 2018].(full post at AutoWeek)(3-24-2016)
Old 24 Mar 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3626897)   #116
canamman
Veteran

United States
With the pipeline full of talent , I cant see a Kimi NASCAR addition making any
sense other than a couple of one offs. I would rather see
him in Indycar giving those boys and girls some fits. Kimi
banging wheels with JPM, now that would be interesting.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3626900)   #117
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'd rather see him in sportscars or Indy, but whatever he wants to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
.[/LIST]
Where's he testing first? Wanna go?
Old 24 Mar 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3626911)   #118
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi in Indycar would be awesome.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3627054)   #119
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I rather see him in rallycross.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3627087)   #120
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He was rapid in trucks. But then Montoya was promising in Nationwide.

Yeah, I don't see him in NASCAR. Very long races, week after week, probably only coming home midfield, week after week.

The shorter, punchier rallycross, which doesn't have too many events and could be a bit of fun for him, would be much more down his street after F1.

Depending on the dates he could do the blue-riband rallys and the majors on the sports car calendar as well. Then off to Bathurst should he cho....well..anyway y'get the picture.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3627115)   #121
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
He was rapid in trucks. But then Montoya was promising in Nationwide.

Yeah, I don't see him in NASCAR. Very long races, week after week, probably only coming home midfield, week after week.

The shorter, punchier rallycross, which doesn't have too many events and could be a bit of fun for him, would be much more down his street after F1.

Depending on the dates he could do the blue-riband rallys and the majors on the sports car calendar as well. Then off to Bathurst should he cho....well..anyway y'get the picture.
The long season is main reason why I don't see him full time in NASCAR.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3627147)   #122
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I rather see him in rallycross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

Hell yeah. (Kimi face)
Old 28 Mar 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3628019)   #123
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Where's he testing first? Wanna go?
Old 3 Apr 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3630001)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Tuned in just in time to see capt snothead win again. Maybe this is why I don't care to watch anymore

Nice 2nd for The Dinger.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 08:42 (Ref:3630127)   #125
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Tuned in just in time to see capt snothead win again. Maybe this is why I don't care to watch anymore

Nice 2nd for The Dinger.
Was really hoping that Dinger would get his first oval win. He drove a Heck of a raced and missed it by just that much. Hope he breaks through this year!