Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Feb 2019, 07:16 (Ref:3881826)   #26
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
Guys, I can see you are having fun but, for the record, track was measured at the first 2 Litre Cup round last season. For those of you that don't actually compete in the series - ie all of you - it's more closely scrutineered than most
We are just jealous that we didn’t get an invite...
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 22 Feb 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3885990)   #27
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable also out for this event.On Peter Auto website.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3885997)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The timetable was issued on 17th jan, which is mighty impressive compare with most organisers!

Only problem being that busy time the event starts we’ll be on version 12.5.....

You’ll find that timetables for the other meetings are also on the website, and also dated Jan 17th.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3886005)   #29
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The timetable was issued on 17th jan, which is mighty impressive compare with most organisers!

Only problem being that busy time the event starts we’ll be on version 12.5.....

You’ll find that timetables for the other meetings are also on the website, and also dated Jan 17th.
Most had at least 8 to 10 versions.Any ideas why this happens,more suitable for a certain class,length of sessions,off track stuff or later announcements.

Its all well and good announcing it early if it doesnt change or at the most a small amount but as you say it is good planning.Be interesting to say Grp C and GEal entries after last years grids which for both were excellent.For th3 former maybe due to Le Mans,hope not...
Old 22 Feb 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3886014)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It’s usually non racing stuff like demos and parades that upset the proposed timetable. Then sometimes there’ll be a few minutes ‘tweak’ somewhere that will require a new version, and very occasionally a couple of races could swap places. Even something like a change of time for one drivers briefing requires a new version.

So you get the PA approach, announce very early and risk changes, or get the opposite (no names ) where it’s not apparent until the last minute. And still get changes.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3886125)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And I would like to add that Peter Auto is a French organisation. With a lot of English clients…*who know where to find the best quality products! Free advert!!!
Old 25 Feb 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3886519)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Version 11 of the timetable now out!
Old 28 Feb 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3887391)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
According to Autosport there’s a newly restored and prepared GpC car scheduled to appear at the meeting. Having spent years in a museum, the Kouros sponsored Sauber Mercedes C8 should be making a return to racing. Looks good!
Attached Thumbnails
2656620E-7E64-4348-9195-C416C4BEF1C1.jpeg  
Old 28 Feb 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3887393)   #34
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Mmm nice.
Mag 7's #60
Old 28 Feb 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3887397)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Mmm nice.
Indeed. Cool in black! So what’s your take on the low level of entries for some races, Will? Thought there’d be more for the 911 race in particular, but maybe the entry lists were released too early.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3887407)   #36
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
From memory last year’s entry list for this event was not exactly extensive....most folks seem to make Spa classic their first PA outing.
Hopefully there will be some more entries in all the series...
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Mar 2019, 06:06 (Ref:3887463)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
From memory last year’s entry list for this event was not exactly extensive....most folks seem to make Spa classic their first PA outing.
Hopefully there will be some more entries in all the series...
I think you’re right about last year being smaller numbers also. As you say, Spa will give us a better indication! Positive- more room in the paddock at Barcelona....
Old 8 Mar 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3889078)   #38
Willmaz223
Veteran

First entries are out.
Only 8 for new Enduro Legends but its still a month to go.

Very early though
Old 15 Mar 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3890588)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The unique (I think) Richard Jenvey Gp5 Lotus Esprit has been restored in the UK back to race condition, and the owner is hoping that it will debut in CER at this meeting. According to a piece it Autosport, main issue with the car in period was engine reliability, the 907 unit block being far from rigid. Will be great to see it back on track, if not at Barcelona, somewhere soon!

Period history....

http://www.racingsportscars.com/suff...Esprit/S1.html
Old 20 Mar 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3892245)   #40
Willmaz223
Veteran

Now I've worked out to post links (I think)

CER 1

https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...cer1-entry.pdf

CER 2
https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...cer2-entry.pdf

Endurance Legends (A speed 8 racing,WHAT!
https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...-erl-entry.pdf

Group C

https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...oupc-entry.pdf

HTC
https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...-htc-entry.pdf

Greatest Trophy

https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...u-gt-entry.pdf

Sixties
https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...ties-entry.pdf

2.0l Cup

https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...-cup-entry.pdf
Old 20 Mar 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3892263)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Bit of overkill there I think, Will. Just a link to the website page would suffice.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3892281)   #42
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Bit of overkill there I think, Will. Just a link to the website page would suffice.
I'll tone it down a bit next time 😁.Thought I'd be helpful.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3893999)   #43
Willmaz223
Veteran

Updated entries.Astonoshing level of quality and quantity.Speed 8,917,512m,GTR1,Cobra Daytona,M1 Procar,Sauber C8,C11,905,XJR9,250 LM,the list goes on...I'll be watching the live timing for this one I think 😁.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 06:06 (Ref:3894032)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Will, I don’t know what gets taught in school nowadays, but in the past it was to leave a space after punctuation marks and full stops. It makes posts a lot easier to read...... Something to consider when you do race reports, please!
Old 29 Mar 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3894033)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You can't imagine what you can do with some training and a good live timing. ITS is a good system but I've rather use Alkamel -Peter Auto official- probably because I'm use to and too old to accept change. With a lot of attention you can make some coaching and refine a strategy staying in your armchair miles away.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3894046)   #46
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Will, I don’t know what gets taught in school nowadays, but in the past it was to leave a space after punctuation marks and full stops. It makes posts a lot easier to read...... Something to consider when you do race reports, please!
Yep,it always seemed to be something that wasnt to be bothered about. We always write on paper so it wasnt necessary.Sometimes anyway, just a habit I haven't got into, didn't mind though as I got an A 😁👍.

(I hope you like the improvements of what I've just written,easier to read ?)

Reports wise thinking of doing races obly when I'm listening on TSL.Far easier.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3894061)   #47
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Yep,_it always seemed to be something that wasn't to be bothered about. We always write on paper, so it wasn't necessary._Sometimes anyway, just a habit I haven't got into, didn't mind though as I got an A 😁👍.

(I hope you like the improvements of what I've just written,_ making it easier to read?)

Reports wise, thinking of doing races only when I'm listening on TSL._Far easier.

Will, please take this the right way as it is meant to assist you. Unfortunately, this piece does contain a number of errors, which I will try to demonstrate in red - the red lower line indicates where spaces should have been left.

Will, grammar is really important especially in the written word as a missing or misplaced punctuation mark can completely change the meaning of what has been written.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3894072)   #48
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Will, please take this the right way as it is meant to assist you. Unfortunately, this piece does contain a number of errors, which I will try to demonstrate in red - the red lower line indicates where spaces should have been left.

Will, grammar is really important especially in the written word as a missing or misplaced punctuation mark can completely change the meaning of what has been written.
Thats fine.I'm aware of your last point.Interesting how a couple of extra words you say or the tone of your voice etc can change a meaning.

I do often write in a rantish way which is why my writing can come across rather poorly written.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3894161)   #49
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Thats fine.I'm aware of your last point.Interesting how a couple of extra words you say or the tone of your voice etc can change a meaning.

I do often write in a rantish way which is why my writing can come across rather poorly written.
And then you have to re-do it. Hence the old saying 'the more haste, the less speed'.

(MH - feel free to re-write this without commencing with 'and')
Old 29 Mar 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3894162)   #50
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It needs a bit more re-editing than just the "and". Where's the verb in the second "sentence"?

Mike you're being very hard. There was once one regular contributor who used a comma instead of an apostrophe and he was never called out Most of us are guilty of poor spelling let alone grammar - especially with the dreaded auto correct.

This has been hugely edited to get it as correct as I can.........

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk