Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Mar 2006, 00:44 (Ref:1545635)   #1
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12 Hours of Sebring 2006 Race Thread

Entry List (PDF)

Race Preview

The-Paddock.net will be on-site starting on Wednesday with exclusive photo galleries, interviews, feature stories and more! - all leading up to the race itself where hourly updates will be provided througout the 12 hours. In addition, our traditional "Spotter's Guide" will be available to download on Thursday.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 01:59 (Ref:1545667)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Automobile Antics

Seems strange reading about this while sitting in a motel room IN SEBRING. I will be a paid marshal for Monday & Tuesday's test days.

Then I will be a volunteer in Race Control on WED -> SAT.

I am also `grinding my teeth' due to a 19.4 kb/s dial-up connection. They must use `wet string'.

Old 13 Mar 2006, 06:21 (Ref:1545732)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schedule for Sebring is here.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1545813)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meanwhile, on DSC, Goodwin has predicted a class win for the Spyker...
Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1545827)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Hey - Why be conventional!
Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1546922)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fortune favours the Brave
Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1546931)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's finally here, then! Since I'm unable to follow it on any TV station or go to the track itself, what options will there be to follow the race online? I'm guessing the excellent radio streaming again (can't remember sites or addresses though) - is it going to be too much hopeful optimism to ask about any streaming video coverage...?

Speaking of too much hopeful optimism and unconventional class predictions, I'll go against the flow and ponder potential class wins for a Panoz and a Saleen hehe
Old 13 Mar 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1547238)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There will be live timing and scoring on the web, as well as radio, pit notes, galleries...

It should all show up here:

http://www.americanlemans.com/paddock/paddock_home.aspx
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 13 Mar 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1547252)   #9
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i want the ferrari F430 to win in the GT2 category and aston martin to win in the GT1 category but im not very sure about LMP1, are pescarolo racing at sebring this year?, it would be an absolute treat if they are and is it definite that zytek are going to be at sebring or atleast creation autosportif will be there with their new car but hopefully the grumbler(ausi R10) will do well
Old 13 Mar 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1547253)   #10
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And possibly people watching the race on TV babbling about it in chat rooms.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1547278)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
are pescarolo racing at sebring this year?, it would be an absolute treat if they are and is it definite that zytek are going to be at sebring or atleast creation autosportif will be there with their new car but hopefully the grumbler(ausi R10) will do well
No Pescarolo, or Zytek's in the entry.

Entry list is available at link.

http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...%20Entries.pdf
Old 14 Mar 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1547661)   #12
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Breaking News!

Here is the latest from the Sebring Motel room (dial-up speed is now up to a blazing 21.6 kb/s).

Much has been said about how quiet the Audi R-10 diesel engine is. I can confirm that. Although it is not a Rolls Royce, when passing under the starter's stand at top speed one can hear the "plopity-plopity-plopity" of the tires as they go over the multitude of expansion joints in Sebring's concrete.

Another item of interest to some: Dyson's #16 AND #20 each passed copious quantities of what appeared to be OIL SMOKE when starting up.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 04:46 (Ref:1547686)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Although it is not a Rolls Royce, when passing under the starter's stand at top speed one can hear the "plopity-plopity-plopity" of the tires as they go over the multitude of expansion joints in Sebring's concrete.

Another item of interest to some: Dyson's #16 AND #20 each passed copious quantities of what appeared to be OIL SMOKE when starting up.
Thus comes the new age. I can't wait to see and hear this, the Audi keeps getting described in some sort of other wordly fashion. One more day of the chaos I call work and I am there!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the Dyson issue is some sort of easily sorted set-up issue and they are going to lead the bulk of the race.

robert
No point in counting the days anymore, instead it is time to pack for Sebring!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1547761)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just seen the times from yesterday, they make interesting reading The Porsche P2 car is on the pace of the Audi's and look at the GT1 times its close again. Its shaping up to be a good one.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1547924)   #15
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have just seen the times from yesterday, they make interesting reading The Porsche P2 car is on the pace of the Audi's and look at the GT1 times its close again. Its shaping up to be a good one.
I would suggest that you don't make too much out of those practice times. I think that the P2's are close to their limits, while I suspect we shall see 47's and possibly 46's out of the P1's.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 03:35 (Ref:1549145)   #16
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panoz has been at or near the top of the charts all week! So far two 1sts and a 2nd in testing. I just hope they can be reliable!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 04:11 (Ref:1549152)   #17
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Entry List HERE.

RESULTS page HERE

Yamato's Downloadable PDF Sebring Spotter's Guide HERE

ALMS Photo Gallery

Weekend schedule

Live Timing and Scoring on the Web, as well as Radio LeMans, pit notes, galleries...

TV Schedule

Sebring 12 Hour Coverage, Saturday March 18th.

10:30 am - 1:00 pm
2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
7:30 pm - 11:00 pm

Sunday, March 19th
3:00 pm Speed Touring Car Championship
4:00 pm Speed GT Championship

NET resources and coverage.

http://www.the-paddock.net/

DYSON team reports
Go to, Non-Members, Team Reports, Dyson.

http://www.rfmsports.com/

Speed Arena Sebring Preview

www.lmsr.net "Paddock Walk" pictures are interesting.

http://www.trackbytes.com/ <- should have coverage

Speed TV Website Articles

Racing Fanatics Coverage
Old 15 Mar 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1549258)   #18
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anyone heard anything about ian dawsons group-bio diesel V10 in the old Lola Chassis????.......they have an entry for LMP1 but I have not heard much news about their build-up...... is anything available on the net?......have they been testing anywhere?.....any times?....
Old 15 Mar 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1549288)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
Has anyone heard anything about ian dawsons group-bio diesel V10 in the old Lola Chassis????.......they have an entry for LMP1 but I have not heard much news about their build-up...... is anything available on the net?......have they been testing anywhere?.....any times?....
Courtesy of DSC: The car is now fully hybridised and was testing at Snetterton recently. 'Unforeseen engineering work' put paid to their intended Sebring entry so the first significant outing for the car will be the LMS test days at Paul Ricard in a couple of weeks.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1549391)   #20
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Some pictures on http://www.lmsr.net/mar71.html

The #2 Audi has yellow roll over bar: http://www.lmsr.net/images/at44.jpg I preferred the dark grey ones during testing. The yellow does not go well with the rest of the livery.

I prefer the old BK livery over the new one: http://www.lmsr.net/images/at37.jpg

The Konrad livery is ugly: http://www.lmsr.net/images/at2.jpg
Old 15 Mar 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1549394)   #21
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I prefer the old BK livery over the new one: http://www.lmsr.net/images/at37.jpg
At least it no longer looks like a submarine with the absurd periscope like appendage.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1549412)   #22
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
At least it no longer looks like a submarine with the absurd periscope like appendage.
It did not always look like that http://www.mulsannescorner.com/couragec65-9.html
Old 15 Mar 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1549522)   #23
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Babini is a possible driver for Saleen

http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/
Old 15 Mar 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1549554)   #24
Racinaddict
Rookie

United States
Winter Haven, FL.
Racinaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 hrs of work left then it's off to the Sebring track tonight
My pick for the overall win is one of the Penske Porsches.

2006 My 20th Consecutive Sebring!!!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1549569)   #25
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
DanielFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no more live timing on the ALMS website