Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2054405)   #76
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil was in a Spyker that was essentially a development of the 2006 Midland, and then there was a further development for Monza. Davidson was in a Super Aguri that was a minor development of the race-winning and very competitive at season's end 2006 Honda. Sutil had a handful of tests with Midland in 2006, Davidson has had 5/6 years of F1 testing including Friday running at all 2007 F1 circuits bar Fuji, driving the same car (albeit on different tyres) as he was in 2007.

I thought Davidson did a solid job overall and had a particularly fine performance in qualifying at Istanbul, but considering Sutil's lack of experience I thought he showed more promise, hence my rating him in my top 10. However, whilst Ant would certainly be on the fringes of anyone's top 10, to rate him ahead of Nico - and to put Nico outside of the top 10 - is stretching things a bit.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2055035)   #77
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
The biggest disappointment to me was Davidson, finally got a chance to be noticed and did nothing with it.
From my earlier post - I wanted Ant to shine as much as anyone, but he just didn't do it
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2055260)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I considered Sutil for my top ten J-C, he's certainly on the fringes of it. I just felt he crashed a little too much overall, but I sure reckon he'll be a star in future if he gets the right breaks.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:59 (Ref:2055301)   #79
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Kimi
Hamilton
Massa
Alonso
Rosberg
Kovalainen
Kubica
Heidfeld
Webber
Sato

Vettel didn't do a full season. Davidson and Sutil impressed on occasions but not enough to earn a top ten position
Old 30 Oct 2007, 21:42 (Ref:2055392)   #80
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I don't remember Wrex defending Ralf.
It was mostly to wind MrV up (being a Montoya fan and all), but it did happen, I spear
Old 31 Oct 2007, 14:34 (Ref:2055935)   #81
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
I spear
Liar liar....spelling is dire.

I need a coat please.....

Last edited by ralf fan; 31 Oct 2007 at 14:37.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2056003)   #82
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
It was mostly to wind MrV up (being a Montoya fan and all), but it did happen, I spear

Arrgh, the good old days Thought i'd quote my old mucker in my "official" 10,000 th post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen

Accepting that as a mere 'drivers dad' I'll be dismissed by most as just biased, I must express my utter surprise at the number of people whom have included Sutil in their top ten! WHY? He's a totally 'tosspot' our book! Sorry! He had the benefit of a new car to start with and a 'B' spec development car as well,
Well, i didn't put Sutil in my top ten either, but the works Honda proved that a new car isn't always as good as an older car, so holding this against him (Sutil) is unfair imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen

1. Kimi
2. Alonso
3. Webber
4. Heidfeld
5. Kubica
6. Jenson
7. Hamilton
8. Massa
9. Hekki
10. Ant
Hamilton only 7th? are you sure?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 21:19 (Ref:2056310)   #83
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
Kimi
Hamilton
Massa
Alonso
Rosberg
Kovalainen
Kubica
Heidfeld
Webber
Sato

Vettel didn't do a full season. Davidson and Sutil impressed on occasions but not enough to earn a top ten position
I can see some good sense in this list, but what about Button, for instance? The Honda was a complete dog most of the time, but how would he have fared if he had been driving a McLaren or a Ferrari? What if Massa had been in the Honda? That's the kind of thing I find so difficult in compiling lists like this.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 21:48 (Ref:2056339)   #84
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
You are right about the Honda but like Sutil and Davidson the exceptional performances by Button were not frequent enough to make the difference over a more consistent effort by those above. Couthard also put in one or two exceptional performances but nothing like enough to rate him with those in my top ten.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 21:30 (Ref:2066010)   #85
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
davyboy look away now...

OK, so we've given our top ten. How did they compare to Nigel Roebuck, who gave his top ten in the latest Autosport?

Roebuck's Top 10 of 2007

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Kimi Raikkonen
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Felipe Massa
5. Nick Heidfeld
6. Nico Rosberg
7. Robert Kubica
8. Heikki Kovaleinen
9. Jenson Button
10. Mark Webber
Old 12 Nov 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2066014)   #86
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No surprises.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2066639)   #87
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Usually Roebuck talks a lot of sense, but this list is far too conservative, and doesn't take into account which drivers have less experience. Kovalainen and Rosberg did a lot more of merit than Heidfeld, and in a much better manner than Alonso.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2066645)   #88
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does the thread title pose the question purely based on Championship results? Otherwise, maybe a certain M Schumacher should be considered following his test times recorded today.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 22:11 (Ref:2068418)   #89
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usually I tend to agree with Roebuck's opinions but I think he's been generous with Hamilton and Kubica and harsh on Rosberg. I expect Alan Henry's list in Autocourse to be very similar - in fact, if last year's is anything to go by, with the inexplicable inclusion of Trulli and DC, it will bear little relation to actual 2007 form.

Last edited by J-C; 15 Nov 2007 at 22:17.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 02:29 (Ref:2068525)   #90
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
Does the thread title pose the question purely based on Championship results? Otherwise, maybe a certain M Schumacher should be considered following his test times recorded today.
No it is based on race drivers competing during the 2007 season..