Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jun 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3423233)   #3126
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Yeah we would hate to have those none Murican running.
The general consensus around here is that Prodrive are and have been whiny (or I guess whinging is more appropriate) for a very long time. Speaking for myself, I'm tired of it. If they want to race here, great, if not, so be it.

Last edited by joeb; 17 Jun 2014 at 21:16. Reason: to remove quoted negative text
Old 7 Jul 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3431211)   #3127
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys tweets:

Quote:
Some good news for #TUSC fans to come tomorrow on one Prototype team's increased efforts for Petit Le Mans. @RoadAtlanta #IMSA
So who’s running an additional car for PLM?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3431219)   #3128
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oak probably.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3431253)   #3129
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Ligier + Morgan?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3431270)   #3130
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ganassi
Old 7 Jul 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3431309)   #3131
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't oak bringing 2 ligier for last TUSC rounds?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3431327)   #3132
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
No, they were going to run 1 with a HPD engine alongside the Morgan-Nissan.

8 Star originally announced that they would be buying one but with the way that team is going and the silence that's surrounded that programme since I would say that's a non-starter.

Personally, I think it's quite possible that they were actually going to be the same programme (the Oak and 8 Star ones) and it's just a change of name.

But in summary, no; 1x Ligier-HPD and 1x Morgan-Nissan for the last two rounds.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3431407)   #3133
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Ganassi
That was my thought as well.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3431468)   #3134
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/oa...petit-le-mans/

OAK Planning Two-Car Ligier Entry for Petit Le Mans
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3431508)   #3135
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/oa...petit-le-mans/

OAK Planning Two-Car Ligier Entry for Petit Le Mans
There has to be some incentive to this. Why are they wasting their time? They won't be allowed to win.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3431513)   #3136
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
There has to be some incentive to this. Why are they wasting their time? They won't be allowed to win.
The Ligier has a significantly higher top speed than the Morgan (about 5 kph at Le Mans), which should help them to be less easily passed by the DPs.

And stop the conspiracy theories, please. People don't throw their cars off the track, just to cause a caution to prevent a P2 victory.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3431514)   #3137
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because like Rebellion they know PLM's still in the top 5 biggest sportscar races in the world?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3431522)   #3138
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
To sell race cars?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3431533)   #3139
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Oak entries are true that Yacaman, Tung, Pla car will be a very strong entry. If they can keep out of trouble.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3431800)   #3140
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
PR just issued from NGT saying they've had to pull out due to Señor Cisneros having to 'concentrate on business interests'.

I didn't realise that he was Venezuelan funded, but reading between the lines I guess that's the basic side of it.

Good news is they will be back for a one-off at the COTA round. Real pity as this is a team with beautiful liveries, a great character and will always be remembered as being associated with Sean Edwards.

Hope to see them back in the future.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3431802)   #3141
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
NGT Motorsport withdrawing for the rest of the season from TUSC except for CotA. Henrique Cisneros is from Venezuela, and blames conditions there for the withdrawal.
Quote:
Sometimes you have to make difficult decisions and this is one of those times for me,” said Cisneros. “Racing is such a joy in my life, however at this current time I need to focus on business and family.

“Turmoil in my home country of Venezuela is affecting both of these and that needs to be the center of my attention right now.
More here.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3431841)   #3142
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Krohn test Ligier JS P2,Tracy fits

from twitter
Old 8 Jul 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3431851)   #3143
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post

from twitter

Well put
Old 8 Jul 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3431883)   #3144
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post

from twitter
I've never said this in my life, but fingers crossed they mean Paul Tracy.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3431901)   #3145
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've never said this in my life, but fingers crossed they mean Paul Tracy.
Nope.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3432159)   #3146
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tracy Krohn hasn't caused ans many cautions as usual the past several races he has been in.

Put him in a totally different car and watch him learn to drive it in traffic and then see ...
Old 10 Jul 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3432555)   #3147
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Tracy Krohn hasn't caused ans many cautions as usual the past several races he has been in.

Put him in a totally different car and watch him learn to drive it in traffic and then see ...
Jeez, I'd have said he stood in for the PC ams at WG.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3432556)   #3148
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
PR just issued from NGT saying they've had to pull out due to Señor Cisneros having to 'concentrate on business interests'.

I didn't realise that he was Venezuelan funded, but reading between the lines I guess that's the basic side of it.

Good news is they will be back for a one-off at the COTA round. Real pity as this is a team with beautiful liveries, a great character and will always be remembered as being associated with Sean Edwards.

Hope to see them back in the future.
And their girls had the thinnest and tightest suits at Sebring, at least.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3434589)   #3149
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Nice to a see a sponsor onboard the Viper programme. Shame to lose the new livery so soon, but the designer has done a good job with this new one https://twitter.com/UnitedSportsCar/...70922886483968
Old 16 Jul 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3434592)   #3150
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Nice to a see a sponsor onboard the Viper programme. Shame to lose the new livery so soon, but the designer has done a good job with this new one https://twitter.com/UnitedSportsCar/...70922886483968
That's great news! I think the blue and green look really nice. But they are only running this livery at Indy.

Quote:
The TI Automotive colors are for IMS only, but they will continue to be a part of #TeamSRT for entire season.