Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Dec 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4091656)   #1
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Michael Schumacher´s private collection in Cologne

I found out yesterday (by chance) that there is a permanent exhibition of Michael Schumacher´s private collection in Cologne, the city I moved to 3 months ago.
It is crazy to me that this does not show up in the tourist information of the city. I was googling for sim racing providers in the city and that was when "Motorworld" facilities came up.
The place is pretty cool, it is something like a hangar with all MS collection on the first floor while on the ground floor there are pretty cool road cars (that I guess, are not always the same).
If you are nearby I suggest you visit, here is the address. If anyone is interested I can also upload some pictures from the place.
By the way, if there is anything else related to motorsports around this area you know please tell me, I want to explore that!
Attached Thumbnails
MS.jpg  
Old 30 Dec 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4091825)   #2
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there kobefly, welcome to mainland Europe !

There is a funny, twisty bit of tarmac laid on a hilly piece of land about 1.5 hours drive to the south of Cologne ......... it's called the Nurburgring & is a quite nice place to drive around !!!

Hope you enjoy yourself there & other places around this area.
MartinH
Old 31 Dec 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4091953)   #3
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
Hello there kobefly, welcome to mainland Europe !

There is a funny, twisty bit of tarmac laid on a hilly piece of land about 1.5 hours drive to the south of Cologne ......... it's called the Nurburgring & is a quite nice place to drive around !!!

Hope you enjoy yourself there & other places around this area.
MartinH
Haha I think I´ve heard of it!

Seriously, I am waiting for it to be re-opened to rent a car and go there. I also want to visit the theme park (or something like that) they have. I came in the wrong time of the year to see races but Nordschleife, Spa, and Zandvoort are in my to-do list for sure!
Old 29 Mar 2024, 19:12 (Ref:4203335)   #4
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a must-visit place for every F1 fan. As far as I know, admission is FREE.
Old 4 Apr 2024, 20:27 (Ref:4203879)   #5
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
This is a must-visit place for every F1 fan. As far as I know, admission is FREE.
I can confirm it is free.
Old 6 Apr 2024, 02:23 (Ref:4203991)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have heard of this place before, looks like it is worth checking out.