Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jan 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3702372)   #1551
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Realistically all that's open for Turkington now is either a return to WSR or 888. If he's staying in the BTCC that is.

and given Warren Scott and co are a Stakeholder in 888 that narrows it down even more
Old 13 Jan 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3702374)   #1552
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that news isn't a massive shock IMO, the next question is where will he reappear hopefully it will back at his true home WSR.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3702378)   #1553
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
So.... who's getting that BMR drive?

Hill? Goff? Lloyd? Sutton?
Depends if Plato says 'no' to any of them I'd have thought?
Old 13 Jan 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3702381)   #1554
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Interesting that it refers to himself and BMR having to concentrate on their individual needs. It reads as if the BMR need doesn't equate to Colin being their more successful driver. Given his performance in the team, it would be hard to see what he has done that wasn't in the team's interest, except beat one of his teammates?
Old 13 Jan 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3702382)   #1555
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Interesting that it refers to himself and BMR having to concentrate on their individual needs. It reads as if the BMR need doesn't equate to Colin being their more successful driver. Given his performance in the team, it would be hard to see what he has done that wasn't in the team's interest, except beat one of his teammates?
Well he did make that monumentally clumsy move on Plato at Oulton. If the silly sod had apologised for that instead of refusing to accept his mistake...

Colin is a very good driver who makes very few driving mistakes. I do hope that he has a competitive car so we can enjoy watching his driving again. My money says WSR, given the complete lack of anything other than AJ confirmed and their close links.

Was the #TAG #branding on the #HARD cars at #Brands by the way? Memory failing! Just seen a pic of the #Toyota with it on that's all.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3702383)   #1556
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would suggest that this means that the team's interests are getting Jason another drivers championship, and Colins interests are getting Colin another drivers championship.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3702385)   #1557
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
quelle surprise

what are the odds that some whiny prima donna didn't like him ?????

I sincerly hope that he gets in WSR BMW and wipes the floor with BMR !!

Last edited by porsche962fan; 13 Jan 2017 at 17:46.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3702393)   #1558
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Isn't it the case with pirtek though that, rather than just provide a logo to a team and they have to incorporate it, their deal with Jordan stipulates that the car carries the same livery as their vans. It makes sense from their corporate perspective that 'their' race team matches everything they do. A bit like red bull's F1 cars.
Really?! A quick Google of "Pirtek Van" brings up a multitude of different designs (especially for their overseas franchises) suggesting they don't have a fixed livery for their vehicles across the board. But I get the whole matching livery thing, bit like the old TNT liveried Vectra in STW.

Even if they just made the red chevrons bigger so that they bleed off the side of the car making them more of a feature than a 'add-on' like they had on the Civic.

For the record Red Bull's F1 cars look nothing like a can of Red Bull!
Old 13 Jan 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3702395)   #1559
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Was the #TAG #branding on the #HARD cars at #Brands by the way? Memory failing! Just seen a pic of the #Toyota with it on that's all.
Yes, they came onboard late last season.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3702402)   #1560
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Really?! A quick Google of "Pirtek Van" brings up a multitude of different designs (especially for their overseas franchises) suggesting they don't have a fixed livery for their vehicles across the board. But I get the whole matching livery thing, bit like the old TNT liveried Vectra in STW.

Even if they just made the red chevrons bigger so that they bleed off the side of the car making them more of a feature than a 'add-on' like they had on the Civic.

For the record Red Bull's F1 cars look nothing like a can of Red Bull!
A quick google of 'pirtek van', but then only viewing those from the Uk since their 3yr partnership will show that they all run the same scheme as the BTCC car ( albeit the chrome effect is different). Non-uk franchises are not relevant to a UK-based sponsorship. Legacy colour schemes can be discounted as the vans don't look like that today.

A quick google of 'Red Bull car' will reveal many cars (circuit, street, rally) that all look very similar.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3702407)   #1561
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
A quick google of 'pirtek van', but then only viewing those from the Uk since their 3yr partnership will show that they all run the same scheme as the BTCC car ( albeit the chrome effect is different). Non-uk franchises are not relevant to a UK-based sponsorship. Legacy colour schemes can be discounted as the vans don't look like that today.

A quick google of 'Red Bull car' will reveal many cars (circuit, street, rally) that all look very similar.
Fair does regarding Pirtek, there must be a mixture of current and legacy vans round our way as I've seen both the dark blue and powder blue versions.

However, your Red Bull example is still wrong. Sure their promo vehicles (the Minis and Beetles with cans on the back) adopt the can's blue and silver/chrome checkerboard base, their race teams adopt a dark blue base with no silver aside from the odd stripe looking nothing like the cans!
Old 13 Jan 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3702411)   #1562
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
quelle surprise

what are the odds that some whiny prima donna didn't like him ?????

I sincerly hope that he gets in WSR BMW and wipes the floor with BMR !!
It will be down to money again, Unlikely Colin has got enough to pay for a drive, Jason and Cole wont want to be subsidising a driver who will outscore them nearly everytime and Scott has been overspending most likely of last 3 years so cannot afford anymore to be paying for drivers.

Btcc appears to be a healthy series in terms of grid size and is adament it doesnt need manufacturers , but the reality is most drivers paying are finding it isnt sustainable,year on year, its a very expensive series to run in now it has evolved .

for me Turks is easily in top 5 tin top drivers in the world, but he is a pro and any pro should be earning from it, not paying to do it. how many of us would pay our bosses to work for them !

I hope it comes good for him, you cant blame JP for trying to be in control of something he helped to create.

wait for it #gamechangerhardonforturks lol
Old 13 Jan 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3702414)   #1563
porsche962fan
Veteran

was there ANY hint in the last years that the Neal's are ****ed off in any way that Shedden became no 1 driver instead of Matt Neal in his own team ?

if not this alone makes the Neals despite some questionable things (specially on part of Steve Neal) into true professionals

cos if they behaved irrationally Gordon Shedden would be given the boot at Team Dynamics

Last edited by porsche962fan; 13 Jan 2017 at 20:19.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3702415)   #1564
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just really hope we don't lose Colin from the series altogether, would be gutted to see him move. From what I've read it looks like there is no deal at the moment with WSR, which does make me worry a bit.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3702424)   #1565
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
was there ANY hint in the last years that the Neal's are ****ed off in any way that Shedden became no 1 driver instead of Matt Neal in his own team ?

if not this alone makes the Neals despite some questionable things (specially on part of Steve Neal) into true professionals

cos if they behaved irrationally Gordon Shedden would be given the boot at Team Dynamics
Never got that impression from them. I'm sure Steve's even been quoted as saying Gordon's a bit like a second son. The Neal/Shedden partnership has been one of the best pairings in motorsport in recent times. Two guys both with their own skill sets that work as a team and don't bicker like children!
Old 13 Jan 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3702426)   #1566
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, they came onboard late last season.
What is TAG even? Is it just Gilham's initials? It is quite possibly the worst branding in history. Completely generic word, no context to it. I've tried googling to find out what it is and I still can't. Certainly not an effective exposure of a brand if that is the aim.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3702428)   #1567
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
I just really hope we don't lose Colin from the series altogether, would be gutted to see him move. From what I've read it looks like there is no deal at the moment with WSR, which does make me worry a bit.
Absolutely agree, top guy, top racer
Old 13 Jan 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3702431)   #1568
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you have as much chance of Turkington appearing at WSR as Aron Taylor-Smith driving a Subaru for BMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jan 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3702432)   #1569
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
What is TAG even? Is it just Gilham's initials? It is quite possibly the worst branding in history. Completely generic word, no context to it. I've tried googling to find out what it is and I still can't. Certainly not an effective exposure of a brand if that is the aim.
Interview with Tony regarding TAG:

http://www.btcc.net/2016/10/01/lates...and-team-hard/

However no amount of searching online finds anything about them, closest I can find is a metals recyclers in Doncaster...
Old 13 Jan 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3702435)   #1570
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interview with Tony regarding TAG:

http://www.btcc.net/2016/10/01/lates...and-team-hard/

However no amount of searching online finds anything about them, closest I can find is a metals recyclers in Doncaster...
Pretty sure it is a waste recycling company from near Peterborough.

Last edited by cds_uk; 13 Jan 2017 at 22:45.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3702439)   #1571
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team HARD hinting at big things on twitter. 'gamechanger' has been mentioned again. Can't be can it?
Old 13 Jan 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3702441)   #1572
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
Team HARD hinting at big things on twitter. 'gamechanger' has been mentioned again. Can't be can it?
Gilham's most recent follow is Turkington.... another name on the pile!
Old 14 Jan 2017, 06:39 (Ref:3702468)   #1573
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Gilham's most recent follow is Turkington.... another name on the pile!
He knows how to pedal the Passat to victory, so not such a stupid idea. All depends how deep Tony's pockets are!

(If TAG does turn out to be metal recycling, then you'd have an Irishman being sponsored by both scrap metal and (if Lafarge stay with him) tarmacing! Just needs a caravan manufacturer to come on board and the team to invest in a few MK4 Transit dropsides...)
Old 14 Jan 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3702480)   #1574
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
(If TAG does turn out to be metal recycling, then you'd have an Irishman being sponsored by both scrap metal and (if Lafarge stay with him) tarmacing! Just needs a caravan manufacturer to come on board and the team to invest in a few MK4 Transit dropsides...)
Now I really should not be laughing as much as I am at this....
Old 14 Jan 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3702492)   #1575
porsche962fan
Veteran

from Aron Taylor-Smith

Quote:
Sadly that has come to an end but there is a lot going on behind-the-scenes which is exciting and I have been working hard to ensure I am in a good position to continue moving forward
any bets on him ? maybe HARD ?