Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jan 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1208091)   #1
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi- in another nightclub story.

I doubt if most of you can read the article, because it's in german.
http://www.f1total.com/news/05012304.shtml

in general it's about kimi getting ****ed drunk in a london nightclub and letting down his pants.
if it's true, and also considering that this isn't the first time, it could really become a problem for the guy. just think about gachot or thomas scheckter, who's f1 career was over before it really begun because of some bs like that.

imo it's their own thing what they do, but if you are that famous, you're in the spotlight,and you should know it. what a shame would it be, if the probably most talented driver after michael would fail that way...
Old 23 Jan 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1208092)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The key words here are "if its true".

Anyway - we hear about footballers behaving like this all the time.

He's not an alcoholic - and no-one's accused him of doing anything illegal.

Also bear in mind people like to make up stories about celebrities.

Kimi tested for McLaren last week and was bang on the pace while managing more than a hundred laps.

For what it's worth.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1208101)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also for what it's worth, i can think of other drivers who have been discriminated against by teams because they enjoy the james hunt lifestyle. something's gone wrong somewhere along the line...
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1208105)   #4
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IF true...........

Lap Dancing club........ OK or not.........ask his wife.

Drinking........ OK ........ but to excess AND in public (not OK--- bearing in mind the intensive test schedule).......or ask McLaren and their sponsors.

The further content of the story IF TRUE most definately not acceptable IMO.

A young man letting off steam or a young man who is in danger of squandering the dream before it's really started.

Just because footballers do it does not make it acceptable behaviour.

Last edited by Fantasy GP610; 23 Jan 2005 at 20:06.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1208128)   #5
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy GP610
IF true...........

The further content of the story IF TRUE most definately not acceptable IMO.
I think it is true, Pitpass or Planet F1 were heavily hinting about a young F1 driver misbehaving in London last week, but didn't mention any names.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1208134)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two notes of caution on this.

One - the story originated from the People newspaper - hardly the most reliable source.

Two - several websites carrying stories (probably lifted from the people) about this today have now removed them.

Proceed with caution.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1208142)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Kimi doesn't drink to excess during the season when there's work to be done, and I'm sure he's worked hard already in the off-season, and will continue to. Something like this really isn't ideal, but it's not a public matter
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1208144)   #8
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Two notes of caution on this.

One - the story originated from the People newspaper - hardly the most reliable source.

Two - several websites carrying stories (probably lifted from the people) about this today have now removed them.

Proceed with caution.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=23319

Its still on the pitpass site as of now!
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1208150)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Yes, that is.

But stories on other websites naming a driver have been removed.

There's a world of difference between dropping hints and making specific allegations.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1208163)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh noes, the world is ending etc.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1208166)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Dropping his pants, aka "shining a moon" at somebody, and it makes the press? I say "good on ya, Kimi" - F1 needs more personalities and less corporate robots.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1208167)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If It's true, it doesn't change the respect I have for him.

Last edited by luke; 23 Jan 2005 at 21:12.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1208180)   #13
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Christijan Klien for WDC and why not!! He will be the next Young hot shot to make his mark. Like Kimi did
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1208189)   #14
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally, an F1 driver without the Horlicks and in bed by 9 image. I want to see him down a whole bottle of Mumm at the next race and stumble into the post-race press conference.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1208195)   #15
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's that about thomas scheckter?
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1208210)   #16
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex, I'll tell you that story when your online next
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1208211)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Tomas Schekter was sacked by Jaguar after being convicted for kerb-crawling.

A world away from this story - which is not about any illegal actions.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1208214)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was an unfortunate incident that lost him his Jaguar test drive.

Anyway. This story is unfounded. In addition call for this being good for F1 because it proves that it shows 'personality', well is it good for the world that hurrances are 'weather'
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1208223)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, enough people have told that story now - I typed that reply in quickly but forgot to press 'post' for a while.

Is it legal to take ur pants off in a club then? News to me.

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 23 Jan 2005 at 22:38.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1208224)   #20
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
scheckter lost his job for something that had nothing to do with f1 and was a laughable thing. now kimi is in the news for about the third time for being heavily drunk, i'm sure mercedes will be very impressed.

still hope it turns out to be false ...
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1208228)   #21
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Minardi's Russian tester (I forgot his name) who got arrested for street racing a few years back?

The funny thing is that he came last because he stopped at the red light... He wasn't sacked but I thought I'd add to the growing list of modern driver faux pas.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1208230)   #22
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Meh would anyone care if I went out and got drunk? He is just a human being, he just drives racing cars for a living. Which happens to be watched like lots of people. Lots of people who have jobs get drunk. No big deal for me if it's true. As long as he's not hungover or anything before a race but that is HIGHLY unlikely considering the potential danger.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1208232)   #23
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
now THIS guy I would definitly have sacked for stopping at the red light...
Old 24 Jan 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1208276)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Go Kimi GO! Go Go Go Kimi! Neck that pint!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 03:17 (Ref:1208316)   #25
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read this on a website the other day and the quotes they had on that from workers etc his moon was not the only thing he was displaying

From what I have heard it is true, but this will not be hard to clean up (no pun intended!). Plenty of money flying around right now.

Adam, you are such a trusting individual! Can F1 drivers do no wrong in your eyes?