Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Apr 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1896159)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This Weekend - April 21/22

The historic racing enthusiast is spoilt for choice:-

Silverstone - Saturday - VSCC Spring Start meeting

Brands Hatch - Sat/Sunday - BARC - includes races for Post Historic Touring cars & Classic Touring cars.

Snetterton - Sat/Sunday - CSCC - includes Swinging Sixties and Jags

Mallory Park - Sunday - AMOC

Cadwell - Sunday - HSCC

I'd love to go to any of those (and the British GTs at Donington!) but have decided on my two local circuits, Snetterton on Saturday, and Cadwell on Sunday. I will try to do my usual, of putting pics and brief captions up next week, but if anyone else fancies covering off any of the events verbally and/or pictorially, please have a go. It would be good if each of the above had its own thread.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1896197)   #2
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John,

Well, I will be at Mallory on Sunday for the AMOC 50s Sports Car Team Challenge, so will have a go at a write-up, assuming I'm not attempting a complete car rebuild between practice and race....!

James
Old 20 Apr 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1896273)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would be excellent, James. Hope you go well, too!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1896329)   #4
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be at Mallory on Sunday as well. I'm already doing race reports for the Thoroughbred Sports Cars so happy to post that here.

What car will you be in James? I'll be there with my friend who races a purple(yes, purple) Zero Exhausts sponsored MGA Twin Cam.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1896421)   #5
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Redneck,

Strangely enough (in view of my BBS name), I'll be in my usual jalopy, an Alfa Giulietta SZ.

Mind you, has to be said, am also hopefully as usual, co-driving an Alfa GTA this season, so ignore my comment about the BBS name..!

Regards,

James
Old 20 Apr 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1896455)   #6
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have inferred that but have found that on some boards (although it has to be said, not so much this one), that people's BBS names occasionally tend towards the desired as opposed to the posessed! I'll come and say hello.

Last edited by Redneck Rocket; 20 Apr 2007 at 15:51.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1896466)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes indeed, in which case I wished I'd picked DBR9 or maybe more in the spirit of this forum DP212!

Anyway, RR, all contribs gratefully received!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1896633)   #8
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
And I'd be TZ2Racer....

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Yes indeed, in which case I wished I'd picked DBR9 or maybe more in the spirit of this forum DP212!

Anyway, RR, all contribs gratefully received!