Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2016, 07:20 (Ref:3674482)   #76
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I wonder someone doesn't press him to stay.
It's OK Baub, I can see what you've done there. (I think everyone else is taking this far too seriously...)
Old 23 Sep 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3674520)   #77
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sorry, just got that. Ahem.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3725223)   #78
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see where Jenson has been disqualified for speeding............. on his bicycle!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...n-for-speeding
Old 10 Apr 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3725268)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Never lost that competitive edge
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3727138)   #80
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome back Jense for Monaco. I hope you do well there.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3727406)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
any word why JB is not slated to run in this weeks test?
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3727413)   #82
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I had to look around to see if I could find an answer. Here is what I dug up...

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139606-...-not-be-useful

Short version, they want Oliver Turvey (who apparently does the simulation work) to correlate his experience in the real car with the simulator. That they feel Jensen is fit, already has enough overall experience, including cars that were faster than the 2016 cars.

I can see the benefit to both arguments (Turvey vs. Button). Given they likely will NOT be fighting for points, I can see why the decided to look more toward longer term development vs. trying to ensure JB has a better Monaco experience by getting familiar with the 2017 car in advance of the Monaco race weekend. I guess that is what free practice and qualifying is for!

Richard
Old 17 Apr 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3727427)   #83
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for finding an article on it Richard.

makes total sense.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3727431)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The '17 McLaren Honda isn't any quicker than Mr Button's bicycle is it, and certainly doesn't seem to have that level of reliability...

Still would have thought it important to put Mr Button in the old slowpoke, to get his feedback about the chassis/engine/colour/something...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Apr 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3727520)   #85
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I cannot get my head around why on earth he is not at least doing half a day....
Old 18 Apr 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3727523)   #86
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I cannot get my head around why on earth he is not at least doing half a day....
According to Boullier, he was given the opportunity, but JB declined. Chose the simulator instead. Probably figured he'd get more miles on the simulator than the real deal. And he was right. McLaren has only done 2 laps so far at the test currently underway.

JB has a contract to fill in for McLaren when requested. He had to do it. I get the feeling JB is not that ecstatic to drive at Monaco. Happy to, but not ecstatic.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3727528)   #87
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
McLaren has only done 2 laps so far at the test currently underway.
Though he wouldn't have shared a day with Turvey as Button counts as a current driver.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3727560)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still would have been better to put Jense in the car beforehand. Being in the sim is all well and good, but the body has different experience actually in the car
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3727830)   #89
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it ended up being a bit of a moot point. They had Turvey scheduled for day one and Vandoorne for day two. They had problems day one, so Turvey only ran a total of 17 laps. Assuming they would have had Button in the same place and kept the the same schedule (one driver per day) he wouldn't have had much running time.

Richard
Old 19 Apr 2017, 22:27 (Ref:3727874)   #90
S griffin
Veteran

But they managed 50 laps today...
Old 19 May 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3734428)   #91
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
JB has a contract to fill in for McLaren when requested. He had to do it. I get the feeling JB is not that ecstatic to drive at Monaco. Happy to, but not ecstatic.
Jonathan Neale says my comments above are not true. Button is not only happy, he's also ecstatic to drive at Monaco.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...aco-gp-907695/

Old 20 May 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3734599)   #92
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Old 20 May 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3734609)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

The only good thing is that the power deficit shouldn't matter so much at Monaco
Old 20 May 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3734666)   #94
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Webber is beginning to develop a reputation of saying debatable or outright untrue things. I think JB will show well next weekend.
Old 24 May 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3735735)   #95
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It was nice to see him relaxed in the press conference. He listened intently to the other drivers too. He isn't expecting anything but he will give it hell because it's essentially his home race.
Old 25 May 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3735844)   #96
S griffin
Veteran

I love the way it has worked out for the people who watch the sport to see the Brit character come back in the Monaco Grand Prix