Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 10 Dec 2002, 09:10 (Ref:446816)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad news

All our thought's go to Carl and his family.....

-----------------------------------------------------------
From the EDP - www.edp24.co.uk

Motor ace's sister dies after crash

BETH MANNING

December 10, 2002 08:00

One of Britain's most promising motor racing stars was last night mourning the death of his “number one fan” – his 18-year-old sister.

Sarah Breeze, whose brother Carl, 23, is a British Touring Car driver, died after a road accident in West Norfolk on Friday.

The marketing assistant was travelling from work when her Vauxhall Corsa was involved in a three-car collision at 5.15pm on the King's Lynn road at Castle Rising, only a mile from the family home at South Wootton.

Her father Colin, 48, was also on his way home when he was passed by the ambulance carrying her to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at Lynn. Sarah, a former student at King Edward VII School (KES) at Lynn, died of multiple injuries, with her family around her.

Carl Breeze has been tipped as a potential Formula One star and already has many titles and trophies to his name, including a record-winning first place in the Formula Renault Championships in 2001.

On his website profile, he rates as the most important people in his life “dad Colin, mum Christine and sister Sarah who have always been so determined to see me reach the top”.

Sarah's mother, Christine, 44, said yesterday that the close-knit family had been devastated by her death.

“We were just so close. There was never a family that was as close as we were,” said Mrs Breeze at the family home in Little Walsingham Close.

“Sarah was Carl's number one fan – she followed him everywhere. We just don't know how we are going to carry on.”

Sarah was on her way home from work in the marketing department of Foster Refrigerator, on Lynn's Hardwick Industrial Estate, when the crash happened.

She had been working there for four months as part of a gap year after successfully completing her A-level business studies course at KES in the summer.

Mr Breeze, who works as quality assurance manager at Fosters, said he saw Sarah every day and was “proud but embarrassed” at the many compliments paid to his hard-working daughter.

“They said: 'She's only 18 but she's so grown up.' No one had a bad word to say about her,” he said.

The family bond led to Sarah's decision to stay in Lynn while many of her school friends went to university.

She had never missed any of her brother's meetings and insisted on following him wherever he raced, travelling with the rest of the family to support him in Britain, Europe and New Zealand.

Mrs Breeze, a code controller at Sainsbury's in Lynn, described Sarah as a “beautiful, intelligent and confident” girl, who did not let her popularity go to her head.

Sarah had encouraged her mum to go late-night Christmas shopping on Thursday evening.

“We went shopping and Sarah picked things out. When we came home, she said: 'Let's go upstairs and wrap them.' Before I knew it, we were finished,” she recalled.

Sarah's manager at Fosters, Mandy Suiter, said yesterday that colleagues had not come to terms with the tragedy.

“She was a lovely girl, really happy and really cheerful. She brightened up the office. She enjoyed whatever she was given to do and got stuck into it,” she said.

Mr Breeze yesterday collected from the crash site two handwritten letters laid by Sarah's former schoolfriends. “She touched people's lives so quickly. She was perfect,” he said.

Police last night named the other drivers whose cars were involved in the crash. Angus Russell Campbell-Cann, 37, of York Road, Lynn, driving a Volvo, suffered leg and chest injuries, and Paul Myhill, 35, of Blackfriars Road, Lynn, driving a Ford Fiesta, escaped without injury.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 10 Dec 2002 at 09:12.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 09:22 (Ref:446827)   #2
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news. condolences to Sarah's family. Thoughts are with them.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:14 (Ref:446941)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are with Carl and his family, very tragic news.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:35 (Ref:446957)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats terrible news, my thoughts go out to Carl.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 14:17 (Ref:446980)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deepest symapthies to the whole family, life is so bloody unfair sometimes.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 14:45 (Ref:446988)   #6
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Condolences to the family and best wishes for their personal recovery and the recovery of the other driver.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 10 Dec 2002 at 14:45.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 17:32 (Ref:447126)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tragic news. RIP Sarah.

Condolences to Carl and the rest of the Breeze family at this awful time.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 17:49 (Ref:447150)   #8
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deepest sympathies and Best wishes to the Breeze family at this terrible time.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 07:53 (Ref:447463)   #9
bestetti26
Rookie

bestetti26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My prayers are with Carl and his family
Old 11 Dec 2002, 08:43 (Ref:447480)   #10
John Reeves
Rookie

John Reeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Sarah. My sypathies to the Breeze family at this very tragic time.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 09:19 (Ref:447496)   #11
holaguapa
Rookie

holaguapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts go out to carl and his family and my prayers are with you all.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 16:57 (Ref:449164)   #12
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really sad news. I hope Carl and his mum and dad are okay. They're lovely people. As someone said -life is so unfair.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 21:27 (Ref:449343)   #13
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No time is a good time, but at christmas.....why oh why oh why.....God bless.............................
Old 14 Dec 2002, 21:50 (Ref:450033)   #14
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts and prayers to the family. xxx
Old 14 Dec 2002, 23:00 (Ref:450074)   #15
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prayers to the Breeze Family.