Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3849568)   #1
Kingair
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 618
Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John McCormack’s Charger and Jaguar

The National Automobile Museum in Launceston has John’s Charger and Jaguar on display, before they head south to Baskerville for the annual historic race meeting.

The Charger is an incredible bit of engineering, and John must be a great thinker, engineer, innovator, driver and not to mention bloody stone deaf after sitting next to that bellowing engine.

Likewise the Unipart Jaguar is an engineering marvel, but unfortunately it was not as easy to access for a closer look.
Kingair is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Sep 2018, 01:48 (Ref:3849751)   #2
db120176
Racer
 
db120176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Australia
Sydney CBD
Posts: 422
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
The National Automobile Museum in Launceston has John’s Charger and Jaguar on display, before they head south to Baskerville for the annual historic race meeting.

The Charger is an incredible bit of engineering, and John must be a great thinker, engineer, innovator, driver and not to mention bloody stone deaf after sitting next to that bellowing engine.

Likewise the Unipart Jaguar is an engineering marvel, but unfortunately it was not as easy to access for a closer look.
Was this the same Jaguar as raced by Mark Trenoweth or did he build his own?
db120176 is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Sep 2018, 02:39 (Ref:3849756)   #3
twinwebbers
Racer
 
twinwebbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Australia
Brisbane
Posts: 418
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by db120176 View Post
Was this the same Jaguar as raced by Mark Trenoweth or did he build his own?
I believe it's the same car. Mark still owns it and runs it fairly regularly, including at Mt Cotton Hill Climb in Queensland.
twinwebbers is offline  
__________________
The cat has my tongue and I'm not saying much cause I get shy around bulls*&% - Paul Dempsey
Quote
Old 15 Sep 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3850188)   #4
Kingair
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 618
Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will waffle on during Sandown about a .1 of a second gain, because they changed the springs, or polished the rear wing in a clockwise fashion with organic carnuaba wax, analysed data until the cows come, a full workshop of staff building bits and pieces with all the very best equipment at hand- yet this weapon would have been built by hand, a few close associates, a very limited budget, and yet a race winning machine.

Full marks to Mark Trenoweth for restoring them and racing them.
Kingair is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Sep 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3851541)   #5
fomoco
Veteran
 
fomoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Australia
Bris Vages southside
Posts: 2,119
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
I believe it's the same car. Mark still owns it and runs it fairly regularly, including at Mt Cotton Hill Climb in Queensland.
It had its last official outing at the 2018 Mid year Noosa Hill Climb.
It was of to the museum after that.
fomoco is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Sep 2018, 05:07 (Ref:3851710)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,163
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
They will waffle on during Sandown about a .1 of a second gain, because they changed the springs, or polished the rear wing in a clockwise fashion with organic carnuaba wax, analysed data until the cows come, a full workshop of staff building bits and pieces with all the very best equipment at hand- yet this weapon would have been built by hand, a few close associates, a very limited budget, and yet a race winning machine.

Full marks to Mark Trenoweth for restoring them and racing them.
10/10ths really could use a LIKE button
275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Old 21 Sep 2018, 06:39 (Ref:3851719)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 44,367
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
10/10ths really could use a LIKE button
There is one, called reputation points...
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John McCormack Charger Question Kingair Australasian Touring Cars. 17 22 Feb 2017 09:00
transponder charger for old style tx160 tator2001uk Kart Racing 1 23 Jan 2009 13:21


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.