Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Aug 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1391586)   #1
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brc Ban Wrc

Although I can see some of the logic behind this decision. I have to say that I wouldn't be bothered to go to a rally full of 30-40 EVO 8.5 and Subaru Imprezas. I know these group N cars a are very quick and that there are some very committed drivers in them. But they are far to sanitised for my liking and through no fault of the drivers they are just boring to watch. Although it may lead to a closer examination of driver talent I would fear that very few will turn up to appreciate it !!!

With this and the proposed ban of the likes of the 6r4 does anyone else feel that rallying is slowly becoming as sanitised as PG Cert Film??
Old 26 Aug 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1391649)   #2
richard_sykes
Racer

Wales
Wales, Uk
richard_sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back Group B.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1391794)   #3
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good for rallycross though, plenty or surplace WRC cars will go on the market, or drivers may run there cars in rallycross, we will see. When the Group B cars were banned from rallying rallycross benifited hugely.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1391948)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is true but I am not sure that the cars such as the Focus and Toyota's would be competitive in rallycross, I suspect may of the drivers wll not want to drive GpN and stuff and will do the gravel series anyway.
In Ireland the WRC cars are bursting at the seams so there is no problem there, OK the average age of the drivers is higher than it might be but what the hell they are still on it as the v coverage proves, Donnelly is just pure class!
Think also that the BRC guys have the right ideas and many of the domestic national series around the world are GpN and S1600 but not many have high numbers competing, I dont think that Taylor making this decision is suddenly gonna mean masive entries