Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2016, 04:42 (Ref:3614365)   #2151
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
If we're talking about an all day Saturday coverage it depends on the cost to produce the content vs the numbers tuning in and the sponsors that can be drawn to pay to be a part of it.
i was just hoping for an hour with the last session of qualifying shown

just add that 7 is currently in a year by year deal.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 11:39 (Ref:3614391)   #2152
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the criteria that Tv numbers would need to grow reasonably to encourage saturday coverage
That isn't a criteria
Old 13 Feb 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3614397)   #2153
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
That isn't a criteria
No i looked up its meaning, it is
Old 13 Feb 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3614456)   #2154
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think I have come to accept that because of the nature of the track with the narrow mountain sectors. Lots of FCY's is going to be inevitable for every race they run at Bathurst.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3614457)   #2155
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think I have come to accept that because of the nature of the track with the narrow mountain sectors. Lots of FCY's is going to be inevitable for every race they run at Bathurst.
Well, at least until they start using Mil 8 helos as snatch vehicles...
Old 14 Feb 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3614505)   #2156
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No i looked up its meaning, it is
So what's the magic number Peckstar for Saturday coverage - considering your extensive network television and live broadcasting knowledge and experience
Old 14 Feb 2016, 03:13 (Ref:3614511)   #2157
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
So what's the magic number Peckstar for Saturday coverage - considering your extensive network television and live broadcasting knowledge and experience
Ive already told you, you seem to disagree (what's new). Maybe you can tell me what you think needs to happen to get a saturday telecast

However its now been a week since I asked you to tell me which bathurst 12 hour was better and im still waiting, so i wont be holding my breath on getting an answer
Old 14 Feb 2016, 03:52 (Ref:3614518)   #2158
D.R.T.
Veteran

Suggesting more than 227,000 viewers are needed on Sunday to justify a Saturday telecast doesn't add up.

If 200,000 watched Saturday qualifying I think channel 7 would be suitably wrapped
Old 14 Feb 2016, 04:05 (Ref:3614521)   #2159
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Suggesting more than 227,000 viewers are needed on Sunday to justify a Saturday telecast doesn't add up.

If 200,000 watched Saturday qualifying I think channel 7 would be suitably wrapped
Im sure they would be wrapped with 200,000, But that wasn't the question

What needs to happen to encourage ch 7 (or other ch ) to show a saturday telecast?

I wonder if you will ever answer.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 04:26 (Ref:3614524)   #2160
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
What needs to happen to encourage ch 7 (or other ch ) to show a saturday telecast?

I wonder if you will ever answer.
We are coming full circle however as previously discussed it's not a pre defined number you have in your head
Old 14 Feb 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3614526)   #2161
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
We are coming full circle however as previously discussed it's not a pre defined number you have in your head
Still waiting! What needs to happen to encourage ch 7 (or other ch ) to show a saturday telecast?
Old 14 Feb 2016, 04:51 (Ref:3614528)   #2162
D.R.T.
Veteran

Mate not sure in which post I proclaimed to have the answer?

That was you. I have suggested that it isn't solely reliant upon an increased Sunday viewership
Old 14 Feb 2016, 04:58 (Ref:3614529)   #2163
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Mate not sure in which post I proclaimed to have the answer?

That was you. I have suggested that it isn't solely reliant upon an increased Sunday viewership
still waiting, what is it reliant on? if tv ratings are not improving whats going to make a tv channel want show the saturday?
Old 14 Feb 2016, 05:29 (Ref:3614532)   #2164
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
still waiting, what is it reliant on? if tv ratings are not improving whats going to make a tv channel want show the saturday?
Still waiting for what?

The ability to get similar ratings on Saturday that the event is currently getting on the Sunday - could be of interest to a broadcaster?
Old 14 Feb 2016, 05:40 (Ref:3614536)   #2165
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if tv ratings are not improving whats going to make a tv channel want show the saturday?
Someone to stump up the $$$$ to buy the airtime
Old 14 Feb 2016, 06:14 (Ref:3614540)   #2166
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Still waiting for what?

The ability to get similar ratings on Saturday that the event is currently getting on the Sunday - could be of interest to a broadcaster?
so your assumption is that a saturday telecast would rate almost as good as a sunday telecast, even though similar events dont support this

and you expect a tv ch , who currently hasnt signed for 2017 to take the risk even though the main race weekend coverage doesnt have reasonable growth
Old 14 Feb 2016, 06:44 (Ref:3614547)   #2167
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
so your assumption is that a saturday telecast would rate almost as good as a sunday telecast, even though similar events dont support this
Where did I assume this?

I have suggested if the broadcaster feels they can gain the same or similar tv ratings for Saturday that it achieved on Sunday than this might sway them to broadcast it.

Remember that the 227,000 is an average (not cumulative nor peak) over 12 hours where as you would be only looking a 1 or 2 hour maximum broadcast on the Saturday.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 06:59 (Ref:3614549)   #2168
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Where did I assume this?

I have suggested if the broadcaster feels they can gain the same or similar tv ratings for Saturday that it achieved on Sunday than this might sway them to broadcast it.

Remember that the 227,000 is an average (not cumulative nor peak) over 12 hours where as you would be only looking a 1 or 2 hour maximum broadcast on the Saturday.
so what is going to give the broadcaster that "feeling"? still my original question really!

at the moment you have suggested that the sat coverage will rate the same as sunday even though history with similar events show that doesnt happen? so for something to happen to change that would require some new thinking for the saturday, history shows that change is a negative for 12 hour fans on this forum

227 was an average for ch 7 only. Mate ,according to the figures supplied was less than 100k, similar to last year
Old 14 Feb 2016, 08:40 (Ref:3614559)   #2169
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

and you expect a tv ch , who currently hasnt signed for 2017 to take the risk even though the main race weekend coverage doesnt have reasonable growth
Not to get too involved into your's and DRT's ever entertaining debates, but YOU peckstar were the one calling for Saturday TV coverage, not DRT, so i'm not sure why he has to prove anything??

If not enough people are watching to make Saturday worthwhile from a TV Channel investment point of view, it will require someone to buy the airtime.

Maybe it would be in the interests of the new organisers to perhaps buy some Saturday afternoon airtime to televise the qualifying session to raise the interest & attendance to the levels you seem to require for 2018 and beyond?
Old 14 Feb 2016, 09:51 (Ref:3614580)   #2170
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Not to get too involved into your's and DRT's ever entertaining debates, but YOU peckstar were the one calling for Saturday TV coverage, not DRT, so i'm not sure why he has to prove anything??

If not enough people are watching to make Saturday worthwhile from a TV Channel investment point of view, it will require someone to buy the airtime.

Maybe it would be in the interests of the new organisers to perhaps buy some Saturday afternoon airtime to televise the qualifying session to raise the interest & attendance to the levels you seem to require for 2018 and beyond?
Sorry no i didnt, i said the ratings would probably not be good enough, DRT said that the ratings were not important.

The interest and attendance is not what i want, its what the promoters want,
I guess they could pay for saturday, but why and who is going to pay, that would mean extra cost for teams

the interest needs to be there to encourage a tv channel to show it, the ratings, currently dont suggest they do
Old 14 Feb 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3614593)   #2171
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry no i didnt, i said the ratings would probably not be good enough, DRT said that the ratings were not important.
Come on mate. Do you actually read the posts or just summarise them to suit your narrative?

I was saying that your ratings were not important not Channel 7s
Old 14 Feb 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3614594)   #2172
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Come on mate. Do you actually read the posts or just summarise them to suit your narrative?

I was saying that your ratings were not important not Channel 7s
sorry still waiting for you to answer the question.

what is going to cause a tv channel to take a risk on saturday coverage? apart from "feelings" of which the ratings dont support

i dont have ratings, channel 7 has them. and the ratings for the 12 hour were not up on 2015, those ratings were not enough to show a saturday coverage this year

for soem reason ratings were important to you all through the v8 season and now they mean nothing

Last edited by peckstar; 14 Feb 2016 at 11:06.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3614596)   #2173
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
cheers. thinking they may not be good enough to get a saturday telecast
DRT im still trying to work out what is wrong with that comment and what you argument is against it?

its clearly an opinion with a may not in it.

and yet you have not in two pages been able to articulate a clear opinion against this. but still you argue.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3614597)   #2174
D.R.T.
Veteran

Might be time to leave it Pecky - to be perfectly honest this is resembling speaking to a brick wall
Old 14 Feb 2016, 11:15 (Ref:3614598)   #2175
Rookie

1961 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My previous invitation still stands.

Feel free to join us at the track.

I've watched Saturday qualifying live for years.

Don't need TV for that.

Money where your mouth is...