Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3224046)   #26
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Any track doing so would be risking its FIA licence, MSNZ has either pulled or threatened to pull track licences for non sanctioned events in rhe past.
Like Supertourers?
Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3224058)   #27
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really Goat Boy your comment does show a huge level of mis-understanding regarding the management of racing.

for your education - V8ST run under a MSNZ permit and the meeting is run by MSNZ licenced officials - like any other meeting. The racing on the track is managed to Schedule Z like all other racing.

yes V8ST do have some of their own rules and penalties but they are applied post race and technically do not effect the official race result - V8ST may chose to publish their own version - additionally their 'series' penalties can not effect grid positions etc - this is exactly the same as say BMW Race Driver Series and Central Muscle Cars

There are other classes that have gone through the process of having their 'series' rules sanctioned by MSNZ and that has enabled their rules to be managed by MSNZ or circuit officials under the meeting permit. This also affords the competitor the ability to question/protest those penalties - this is not provided for in a non-sanctioned series. BMW for instance do, not infrequently, impose additional points loss if their 'committee' consider something is not right and the competitor has not ability to question this kangaroo court decision.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3224085)   #28
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Like Supertourers?
You've lost me, what I was talking about was nothing to do with supertourers, bluespur has answered it mostly.
I was really talking about non permitted events, drivers with no competition licences, non affiliated clubs etc.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3224107)   #29
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was just kidding

But nice reaction times!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3224124)   #30
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I was just kidding

But nice reaction times!
Super
Old 25 Mar 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3224752)   #31
HD_TR
Rookie

New Zealand
HD_TR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 10 year plan apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
Hi Ray,

Nobody has tried to hide the fact that the event does cost Rod and Shelly a lot of money to host, and the aim I guess is to turn it into something profitable in the years to come. They are taking a long term view of the event. This event is Rods dream, and I don't think making a dollar was the primary aim of hosting the event.

Conrad
As Conrad says, there was discussion that they are viewing their expenditure as an investment, and as various people spoke at the functions, there were points made: -

They purchased all the marquees, so own them outright, but a hit to cashflow.
They laid huge amounts of asphalt this year, for the pit garaging, and laneways, so that would have been a one-off.
They built the cute little garage this year, and several of the Board&Batten ablution blocks.
They purchased a lot of branded infrastructure - outdoor umbrella's, tables, chairs, etc.

I've been to a lot of events - motorsport and otherwise - and this was meticulously planned and executed, and the behaviour and enjoyment of the attendees (whether competitors or paying visitors) was fantastic. Most guest participants dressed in period clothing, and got into the swing of the event.

There is a lot of synergy with having the Beach Hop on the same weekend, as many participants came to the Leadfoot at various times over the 3 days. It also sounds like the Legends wasn't too badly hit, although there were quite a few at Leadfoot who would otherwise have gone.

We feel extremely grateful to have been able to attend, and I hope that their burgeoning group of sponsors will help to offset the load of expense they have carried personally.

What an incredible dream to be able to see through, and they were joined by as many of the family as could make it back to Enzed, to enjoy it with Rod and Shelley.

Fingers crossed, there is another invite. Otherwise we'd purchase a day pass and go over to watch.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3225223)   #32
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to hear. I'll have a word with my source and put him straight! Definitely on my list for next year.

Legends was still a great meeting but the gaps were noticed. We still managed 40 across our two grids, so not too bad.