Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Dec 2000, 09:06 (Ref:52360)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I could put this in "Trackside" but that forum gets plenty of traffic!

It's just a couple of weeks away from the new year, and with that, the new racing season will seem just that little bit more tangible.

What are the essential meetings on your calendar that you will move hell or high water to get to?

For me, I shall be at the big three - Coys Rockingham, Brooks Silverstone (the old Coys festival) and the Goodwood Revival.

The Bentley Drivers Club raceday is another essential.

And of course, as many VSCC, CSCC, HSCC and AMOC meetings as I can possibly justify.

So what are your plans at this early stage? And as an aside, if you could only go to one, which would it be, and why?
Old 15 Dec 2000, 21:13 (Ref:52686)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goodwood Revival - Because its the best
Some of Coys @ Rockingham
Some of Brooks @ Silverstone
Definitely the 2 day AMOC meeting at Donnington - 'cos they run the Group C revival. Other AMOC meetings as I can.
Any more than that alomng with the contemporary racing I do will lead to divorce I fear!
Old 15 Dec 2000, 21:34 (Ref:52688)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Goodwood - Both meets

Rockingham - Historic day

Le Mans - Counts as 50% historic due to all the old cars
there

I would like to see the Bentley day, if you could post the dates it would be very welcome as well as perhaps a few of the AMOC and HSCC days. Next year will involve a lot of travel and planning dates in advance will avoid a lot of double bookings.

Simon
Old 15 Dec 2000, 21:52 (Ref:52692)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tim & Co.
Please ensure that you submit your historic events calendars to the lovely Lorna for inclusion in the 2001 events calendar
Old 16 Dec 2000, 12:59 (Ref:52800)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I shall of course be competing at the 24th Annual Queensland Historic Race meeting, to be held at Lakeside in July 2001. I am also very keen to compete at the Oran Park historic meeting in April and the Eastern Creek historic meeting in September. It's also possible that i may run at the Wakefield Park historic meeting in November.
Old 16 Dec 2000, 16:42 (Ref:52827)   #6
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dates for 2001 and 2002

Anybody got dates for Goodwood Revival in 2001 and 2002. Also the class of cars that will be featured. My wife is trying to convince me that we should visit the fog bound island and I tend to agree if we can fit in Goodwood.
Thanks in advance.
Hans.ca

Old 17 Dec 2000, 11:13 (Ref:52965)   #7
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2001 is on the weekend of the 15th-16th September. No details yet on what will be racing but you can count on the pre-'64 GT cars TT celebration, and about 14 other fantastic historic races. Well worth the visit to this sceptered isle.