Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Aug 2004, 17:41 (Ref:1061262)   #1
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two clubs, two different events, two great days!

Saturday - BARC Midlands Sprint at Curborough. Bit thin on the ground for marshals but a smoothly run day with us all being looked after by the club. Spookily, all of the four posts except one had either a qualified or trainee rescue bod on with the exception of post 2, which had two on! Next time Fred, go for one on each post! Luckily no rescue skills needed! Loved Startline - thanks to Alan who swapped jobs with me mid afternoon when my knee starting to give me grief! Also thanks to all the drivers for being so nice and pleasant - apologies to the guy who's car I covered with the contents of a powder extinguisher, but there was a lot of flames underneath you!

Sunday - MGCC Snetterton. Again very well run and all marshals looked after - a chilled can of Diet Pepsi has never tasted so good! Also excellent racing as usual!

Old 9 Aug 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1061429)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SRB - so glad you enjoyed your day at Curborough - you forgot to mention your most recent injury though!

You'll be glad to hear that Keith Hazell, the driver of number 5 which you couragously extinguished almost single handed, got home safely. As you know, he drove to the circuit in the car and the RAC were not helpful about getting him back again. So Claudia Baines from the Caterham Academy drove her Caterham home and put Keith's Striker on her trailer. What a lovely lady! We awarded her a bottle of wine as a prize for the "spirit of the meeting".

Talking of Caterhams - weren't they fun? What they lacked in experience and skill they more than compensated for with enthusiasm (sometimes a little too much enthusiasm!)

Sheila
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1061989)   #3
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheila - you should see the bites I now have covering most of my legs if you thought that one on my arm was bad!

And well done Claudia - a well deserved bottle of wine as she was really nice and chatty with us at Startline whilst waiting her turn!