Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3870708)   #2251
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
you wont get much for 150k
Tell Mike Bushell that, as it's considerably higher than his budget.
Old 16 Dec 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3870712)   #2252
MotorsportMechanic86
Rookie

MotorsportMechanic86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cheapest drives start from 10k a weekend (that was the deal of one Team Hard driver in 2018) obviously this will be plus damage.

I imagine Oliphants drive is on of the most expensive on the grid, I have heard from pretty decent sources that it is in the region of £500k

Although remember Andy Neates 2 year Dynamics deal, rumoured to be £2 million

It is quite obvious that it is a case of you get what you pay for
Old 16 Dec 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3870717)   #2253
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Tell Mike Bushell that, as it's considerably higher than his budget.
For all the Tony Gilham bashers, he does provide some of the lowest cost ways into British motorsport. I always like an underdog, and do have my fingers crossed for Mike, who would definitely be regularly winning races if he was in one of the bigger outfits.
Old 16 Dec 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3870720)   #2254
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorsportMechanic86 View Post
Although remember Andy Neates 2 year Dynamics deal, rumoured to be £2 million

It is quite obvious that it is a case of you get what you pay for
Ah yes, pay for it. Don't forget that step
Old 16 Dec 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3870733)   #2255
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speaking of money. James Martin has brought up this on Twitter http://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3155909
Old 16 Dec 2018, 23:08 (Ref:3870737)   #2256
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BMR asking for it to be taken down, when it’s in the public domain anyway.
Old 16 Dec 2018, 23:10 (Ref:3870738)   #2257
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be interesting to see what happens now
Old 16 Dec 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3870740)   #2258
MotorsportMechanic86
Rookie

MotorsportMechanic86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmm . . . . . . . . Interesting!
Old 17 Dec 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3870744)   #2259
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorsportMechanic86 View Post
Hmmmmm . . . . . . . . Interesting!
A chap called Robert Scott, Warren’s brother?, became a director of most of Warrens companies 4 days before the bankruptcy order was made.

I’m not sure if a person who has been made bankrupt can remain as a company director.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3870769)   #2260
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here you go.

https://www.gov.uk/company-director-disqualification
Old 17 Dec 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3870774)   #2261
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It doesn't seem good from the BMR perspective. Asking James Martin to take down the image, when all he has done is link to the Gazette where the information is held.
Once something is a County Court record, it is public domain unless whoever presided over the case agrees for a redaction.

Interesting that James Martin seems concerned about Plato's position in this (or at least that is what I infer from his tweet). Does this suggest that Plato is/was still planning to be with BMR in 2019?

I think most on here have known that something would fall out from the BMR finances eventually, and it happens just the next post after a Neate non-payment post?
Some sort of coincidence there?!

I expect Gow is also fielding a hot phone at the moment too....
Old 17 Dec 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3870778)   #2262
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we might be looking at BMR leaving the series if they are not careful
Old 17 Dec 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3870790)   #2263
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think we might be looking at BMR leaving the series if they are not careful
Helps towards Alan Gow wanting 26 cars only
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3870795)   #2264
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and no more controveries about that boxer engine
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3870797)   #2265
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like James Martin knows exactly what's going on and maybe stirring the pot. Johnny Smith from 5th gear doing the same.

The tweet was from someone else, he's just retweeted it.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:12 (Ref:3870798)   #2266
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nothing stopping him being involved just not as a Director. If as detailed his brother has joined the board all Warren has to do is step down (if he hasn't already). Doesn't automatically spell the end of BMR.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:20 (Ref:3870800)   #2267
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
Looks like James Martin knows exactly what's going on and maybe stirring the pot. Johnny Smith from 5th gear doing the same.

To be fair, both 5th gear man, or Saturday chef man probably don't even know much about Jason's plans, especially if they aren't properly formulated yet.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3870801)   #2268
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post

No response from his tweet to best pal @jasonplato
guessing an announcement from the Plato camp is imminent?
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3870802)   #2269
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
To be fair, both 5th gear man, or Saturday chef man probably don't even know much about Jason's plans, especially if they aren't properly formulated yet.

Jason has a spot on his show every week and is known to be good pals with James Martin, I would be amazed if this wasnt part of a PR stir up
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3870803)   #2270
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Jason has a spot on his show every week and is known to be good pals with James Martin, I would be amazed if this wasnt part of a PR stir up
I know. I've seen the show. But James just quoted/responded to someone elses tweet. Faking a bankruptcy notice is a bit far for some spin, and with regards to being good pals, there's good pals, and GOOD pals and few are in the inner sanctum to know much about 2019 plans.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:37 (Ref:3870805)   #2271
JDMROB
Racer

Quote:
I know. I've seen the show. But James just quoted/responded to someone elses tweet. Faking a bankruptcy notice is a bit far for some spin, and with regards to being good pals, there's good pals, and GOOD pals and few are in the inner sanctum to know much about 2019 plans.

The way I read it is Plato isn't at BMR this season. Possible that the bmr relationship has gone a little bit sour. Jason's pals know this and having seen this tweet pop up, maybe after a couple of shandys, decide to having a little fun. I read the tweet as deliberate ignorance.

But have no idea, could be way off the mark.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3870807)   #2272
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If they didn't, they both are close enough to Jason to know enough to not go public with such information unless there was a reason to do so.
Jason may not have responded yet, but he'll definitely be aware they have posted.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3870808)   #2273
JDMROB
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If they didn't, they both are close enough to Jason to know enough to not go public with such information unless there was a reason to do so.
Jason may not have responded yet, but he'll definitely be aware they have posted.
Exactly, if they didn't know what he was up to this season they'd have stayed quiet.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3870809)   #2274
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

its not a faked notice, its drawing attention to it

Too many people tweeting about it now for it to be ignored

Last edited by btccbloke; 17 Dec 2018 at 11:08.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3870816)   #2275
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
It's real and Mr W Scott's unfortunately failed to heed warnings of friends and associates and got into a bit of a hole.

It does not necessarily mean the end of BMR in itself. He could continue to be involved going forward, but not as a Director. Which in practical terms means he could go about business as normal with someone (or someones) else in place as titular Directors.

I have heard rumours Ash is signed to drive for BMR. I have heard rumours Ash is signed at WSR. Ash has definitely had talks over a WTCR drive.

As for JP, he is pretty much unmatched in effectively using the media for his own ends. That he has been very quiet for a long time suggests two things:

1. He has something in place but the time is not right for his backers for it to be made public.

2. He genuinely did part with BMR, is hoping to race but a deal hasn't come together.

Or

3. The conspiracy theory that he and Mr Scott really did patch up their differences and a Phoenix from the Flames is about to rise. This could be a go-er, would depend on Jason and his backers finances and levels of finance they'd be comfortable going racing with. Cars needn't be an issue, plenty of machinery about to be had.

Sad to see Mr Scott has gone down the path that nearly consumed Mr Gilham. Tony of course proves that a smart brain, common sense thinking and good relationships can provide a life line. Let's hope Warren gets back onto his feet.

Last edited by Alfisti; 17 Dec 2018 at 11:35.