Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Sep 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2279268)   #51
AxelF
Racer

AxelF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again, a very pleasant raceday. The Tarquini-crash excluded...
Hope, that Priaulx will tell him his opinion on that...and maybe, he understands a little bit more than at other occasions...

I think, the cars are very equal, with Seat having more torque and BMW more braking power and cornering ability.
What we see was also, that you cannot overtake a Seat, as they pull away on the straights easily. 14 km/h more than a BMW is very bad for the competition. Don't know how to change this without giving advantage to one of them...

Christian
Old 1 Sep 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2279292)   #52
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMW - double win
Old 1 Sep 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2279325)   #53
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelF
What we see was also, that you cannot overtake a Seat, as they pull away on the straights easily. 14 km/h more than a BMW is very bad for the competition. Don't know how to change this without giving advantage to one of them...
Well, don't forget that the BMW's were running extremely short gearratios. You could hear Farfus running in the limiter well before the braking point at the start/finish straight.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2279390)   #54
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have a gear less, and acceleration is very important at Oschersleben, compared to top-speed. Although 14km/h is quite a lot.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2279536)   #55
Matt T
Rookie

Guernsey
GSY
Matt T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With reference to the Priaulx/Tarquini incident, another thing that needs to be considered is that Andy was heading for a strong points finish in race one with the possibility of a good grid slot on race 2. He lost a shed load of points this weekend and could have closed the gap even further to the leaders(Seats).

I know Andy personally and like to see him do well but i think this year is gonna be a bridge too far, I hope he proves me wrong. Too many things/decisions have conspired against him.

Last edited by Matt T; 1 Sep 2008 at 17:10.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2279665)   #56
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wasn't sure whether to start a '2009 WTCC' thread for this so I'll just ask here. Has anybody heard anything about a new SEAT 3 box car being entered in the WTCC next year? Martin Haven mentioned it at the end of the second race, but I haven't seen anything about this before . I couldn't even find a 3 box car in their range on their UK site. Anybody else heard anything? Hopefully Martin will enlighten us if know one knows.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2279667)   #57
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seat Exeo
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2279686)   #58
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Thanks

I know it's based on the A4, but I hope the final product looks a bit less like a A4, that render is an exact copy

I would rather see that then the Leon though...
Old 1 Sep 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2279701)   #59
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper
Thanks

I know it's based on the A4, but I hope the final product looks a bit less like a A4, that render is an exact copy

Yeah, could be a nice-looking racer. But I would like to see A4 in WTCC even more
Old 1 Sep 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2279764)   #60
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper
Thanks

Pretty obvious, that the body is unchanged from the old A4. Looks terrible and oldish, me thinks..
Old 1 Sep 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2279784)   #61
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does look pretty bad, this is very simply new bumpers on an old car. However, at least it's a proper 3box car, so should be a proper touring car. it does say it's gonna be released 2010 though, so at least one more year of the god-ugly, melted Leon.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2279977)   #62
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the pictures of that new Seat are impressions of how the car could look, made by an artist working for the website. Websites and magazines make and publisch those selfmade pictures all the time. These pictures look just like an audi, with a Seatisch nose and back photoshopped on it. And quite QaD I must say. Sometimes those pictures are very accurate, and sometimes they are just a shot in the air.

BTW, I like how the Leon looks, and we have to be stuck with hatchbacks anyway, because that is just the kind of cars that lot's of people buy these days. They do have advantages, and that is more room in a smaller car.
That's why I thought of a method to undo the disadvantage of hatchback-cars, without handing over random breaks and without penalize manufacturers who just have done a good job, ie made a aerodynamic car.

My idea is this: of all homologated cars, the ratio of lenght and size of the passenger and luggageroom should be measured. The better this ratio is, ie the more cubic metres of space per meter of carlenght, the more advantage they get in a certain area. This can be done with ballast, as is usual, but in this case an advantage that could be handed out to cars that have a good ratio is that they can run with a lower ride-height, since that is an important advantage in aerodynamics.
The good thing about this rule would be that both designquality's in roadcars, ie aerodynamics ánd economic design in terms of space are honored in better performances, so we can better estimate the quality of a sporty roadcar by looking at the results of a race. And isn't (shouldn't) that an important part of touringcar-racing?
The exact numbers of the allowed ride-height at different space/lenght-ratios offcourse must be dealed with by people other than me, who can better estimate the results.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2280033)   #63
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
I just saw the WTCC-magazine on Eurosport, with an interview with Priaulx after the race. He was angry! He also stated that he wasn't focussing on the championship anymore, but he just wanted to stay in 1 piece until the end of the season. Offcourse he probably still had some adrenaline in his blood, but still, could this be the last year of Priaulx in the WTCC?
I can see him race in the ALMS next year, in the BMW GT2-program. It would be a shame though.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2280118)   #64
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
I think that the pictures of that new Seat are impressions of how the car could look, made by an artist working for the website. Websites and magazines make and publisch those selfmade pictures all the time. These pictures look just like an audi, with a Seatisch nose and back photoshopped on it. And quite QaD I must say. Sometimes those pictures are very accurate, and sometimes they are just a shot in the air.
Actually I think this is something leaked from Seat itself. It resembles drawings released by Seat, plus it confirms comments from Seat earlier that their sedan would be based on the old A4.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2280234)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great racing

First corner
Tarquini
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2280241)   #66
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
These pictures look just like an audi, with a Seatisch nose and back photoshopped on it.
On its own I think it would look pretty good. The moment you realize it's nothing but an old A4 is when it all goes wrong

Maybe a moderator could split this discussion into a new thread about the Exeo?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2280457)   #67
AxelF
Racer

Quote:
I just saw the WTCC-magazine on Eurosport, with an interview with Priaulx after the race. He was angry! He also stated that he wasn't focussing on the championship anymore, but he just wanted to stay in 1 piece until the end of the season. Offcourse he probably still had some adrenaline in his blood, but still, could this be the last year of Priaulx in the WTCC?
I can see him race in the ALMS next year, in the BMW GT2-program. It would be a shame though.
Maybe it's not his decision...if BMW exits WTCC, he would have exit also...I cannot think of him, driving a private BMW/Honda like Thompson...

According to "Motorsport aktuell" in Germany, there will be Lada as a works entry and also Subaru with a diesel car. But Honda will be gone...

Friedhelm Nohl of BMW states, that they are able to do both WTCC and GT2 at the same time. BMW wished to shift the WTCC-Race in Brno, as there is also 24h LeMans...
Sounds like, Schnitzer has to do the work for the GT2...
Old 3 Sep 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2280621)   #68
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
I'm pretty sure Schnitzer can handle a M3 next to their WTCC programme, they're not exactly a small outfit and if BMW pays for it they can just expand their staff.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2280979)   #69
AxelF
Racer

I don't think, that Charly Lamm can be at two places at the same time...
Old 3 Sep 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2280994)   #70
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelF
I don't think, that Charly Lamm can be at two places at the same time...
If he needs to be on location at each single race to make his company work he might want to consider replacing a couple of people
Old 3 Sep 2008, 21:25 (Ref:2281182)   #71
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Great racing

First corner
Tarquini
+1
Old 4 Sep 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2281646)   #72
AxelF
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
If he needs to be on location at each single race to make his company work he might want to consider replacing a couple of people
it works without him, but with him it makes the difference...!!!

And even if enough money is there, a team like Schnitzer cannot easily expanded without problems...they don't have a F1-factory...it looks alot more like a BMW-dealership with a big workshop...

Tags
wtcc