Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3285498)   #26
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Things may be about to get Salzburgring messy again. Drivers under investigation for slowing..

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/...-rules-breach/
Old 3 Aug 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3285499)   #27
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kozlovskiy excluded from qualifying as the team left a laptop plugged into the car in parc fermé. A real shame, as he's been showing improved pace this weekend.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3285524)   #28
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
López is doing great in WTCC.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3285540)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Why does it say "smoke" and a visibility of only 4 km for the weather? Forest fire? http://www.weather.com/weather/today...cm_pla=cc-icon
Old 4 Aug 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3285620)   #30
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Why does it say "smoke" and a visibility of only 4 km for the weather? Forest fire? http://www.weather.com/weather/today...cm_pla=cc-icon
Given that website also says it's going to be 76 degrees, I think all credibility is lost. It peaked at around 24 yesterday.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3285671)   #31
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
Given that website also says it's going to be 76 degrees, I think all credibility is lost. It peaked at around 24 yesterday.
You've turned into a pretty major troll of late.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3285685)   #32
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
I know this was only warmup but López is putting BMW at a different level.

I hope he can have a couple of good races now.

Old 4 Aug 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3285700)   #33
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Argentine television is broadcasting the Termas de R*o Hondo weekend live here.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3285702)   #34
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Argentine television is broadcasting the Termas de R*o Hondo weekend live here.
However, WTCC will NOT be broadcasted for Argentina so online streamings will be very welcome!
Old 4 Aug 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3285704)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
TV Pública will broadcast the WTCC, I think?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3285707)   #36
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have no problem, I watch WTCC races (Finland Eurosport 1) channel and commentators are Eero Simojoki and former driver Risto Virtanen.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3285734)   #37
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
TV Pública will broadcast the WTCC, I think?
No, it won't.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3285779)   #38
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT A RACE!!! Fantastic circuit
Old 4 Aug 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3285788)   #39
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Race 1

Lots of action and an excellent performance by López. What a driver!
Old 4 Aug 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3285813)   #40
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive by Lopez, other BMW drivers should perhaps be a little concerned. Plenty of rash driving today, but pretty good races
Old 4 Aug 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3285824)   #41
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does it say about the calibre of the current field that someone like Lopez can turn up and win on debut?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3285837)   #42
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Jose Maria Lopez is:

-the only driver with knowledge of the track
-multiple TC 2000 champion
-was fast in his European days
-still wasn't the fastest driver (Chevys, Chevys)

So it's not a surprise, though I have to say he was very lucky with that Muller-Monteiro crash. Poor Tiago. Will he ever get some luck?!

All in all, from my point of view the best weekend of the season so far. Some perfect clean racing in Race 1 and a bit of destruction derby in the second. Impressed by Valente though he will probably get a penalty..

And once more WTCC proves it can find great replacement rounds
Old 4 Aug 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3285840)   #43
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Race 2

This might be a surprise for those not knowing López. Certainly not for someone that has been following his career since he was chasing the F1 dream in Europe many years ago.

This guy got to second test driver seat of the Renault F1 two-time champion with no sponsors and that was no coincidence. It is also true that he made some lack of matureness mistakes while driving on GP2 but he has always been bloody fast, enough to beat guys like Kubica and many others that got very good F1 results.

I am very happy to see the Argentinian flag back again at the top of the podium in a World Championship race specially in this case that a driver and a human being as remarkable as José Mar*a “Pechito” López did it.

VAMOS PECHO!!!
Old 4 Aug 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3285856)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I second you kobefly, I had no doubts that López will do a superb weekend and he already did it.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3285922)   #45
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic race, best WTCC race of the this year and Pechito amazing win race 2.

WTCC paddock were visiting from Argentina (Super TC 2000) Renault Lo Jack Team member Leonardo Monti and Sebastian Martino, PSG16-Team technical director Javier Ciavattari. Pro Racing members Luciano Monti, Sebastián Pereyra and Miguel Torino visit RML (Chevy) pitlane. Also Argentinian Gerardo Zamora and Enrique Meyer were there.

Last edited by kurski; 5 Aug 2013 at 01:11.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 02:32 (Ref:3285937)   #46
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I missed both races, I'll try to catch them next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly
I am very happy to see the Argentinian flag back again at the top of the podium in a World Championship race
It had been a long while, wasn't it? Congratulations!
Old 5 Aug 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3286000)   #47
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Coronel looked average compared to Pechito, who was having his first outing in the car. I hope this does something to the Argentine motorsport scene, and maybe Mat*as Rossi or Facundo Ardusso could have a go. Well done Pechito, you're now the star of the weekend...
Old 5 Aug 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3286080)   #48
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Tom Coronel looked average compared to Pechito, who was having his first outing in the car. I hope this does something to the Argentine motorsport scene, and maybe Mat*as Rossi or Facundo Ardusso could have a go. Well done Pechito, you're now the star of the weekend...
Unfortunately, I think, this great result will not change anything regarding Argentinian drivers being able to compete at an International level in a non-open wheel class.

López and Rossi are both driving in three different series here in Argentina which means having activity 95% of the weekends. Taking an international challenge would mean not to be able to attend all races here.

Another important fact is that economically they are doing very well in Argentina while they will need to give that up and try to find sponsors to get a decent ride in a championship like WTCC which I can tell you it is almost impossible here. López could not get sponsors while being a GP2 driver and second reserve for Renault F1 Team, the closest any Argentinian has been to F1 in a long while, imagine what it would be for the WTCC championship. Reality is the majority of the people here is not as interested in international races as in some of the locals ones, that plus some economical “benefits” for those sponsors investing money in local series makes it very hard for anyone trying to get a good international budget.

I would love to see more Argentinian competing in these kinds of championships. Facu Regalia was able to win and it’s a serious contender for GP3 Series title this year. Pechito won in his debut at the WTCC. There is some talent here not backed up by sponsors but I really wish that changes some time.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3286082)   #49
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
By the way... for those of you who are in Europe. How did you find this circuit?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3286183)   #50
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After both National Touring races (Turismo Nacional clase 2&3) my job was done so I went to the grandstands to watch the first race. After a couple of laps with Muller leading away people began complaining about the silence (WTCC makes absolutely 0.0 noise) and the small grid. Many petrolheads standed up and left.

Arround here people wants to see noisy 40+ grids.... My recomendation is for you to watch the national touring races (both class 2&3) in termas last weekend... we did well with the KIA Ceratos!

Tags
wtcc