Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Nov 2001, 11:42 (Ref:170120)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Good End to a Good Year

Was that not a great race (for an oval)? Everybody got a chance to lead a lap, hardly any accidents (except Brack, which was fitting), and a sprint to the finish! Congratulations to Cristiano for bookending the season with wins, and all praise to Max and Tags who put up a good fight even when they had no idea how long the race would actually be! [Didn't they have a calendar when they set the times of this race?]

And as the sun sets on Gil's final championship, we bid a fond farewell to Champ Cars and will see you next year at American Le Mans in Sebring.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 15:40 (Ref:170210)   #2
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are you "leaving" CART, Liz? It really makes me worrying that CART fans are talking about CART in such tone in their voice... I will be CART fan for years to come and I know things will improve soon (next year). Lets get back to racing now or what? Can't wait til 2002 season kicks off
Old 5 Nov 2001, 17:22 (Ref:170272)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champ Cars won't be the same without Gil. Maybe it's all a bad dream, and maybe Helio will be signed by Ganassi ...

But I will still be at Sebring in March!
Old 5 Nov 2001, 18:43 (Ref:170331)   #4
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was able to survive the absence of Montoya(it wasn't easy though), So Gil and Helio will be no biggie.

It worries me that Cart won't be around much longer. I only wish these Nascar fans who think their "too good for open wheel racing" would just get out from under their rock .
Old 6 Nov 2001, 09:11 (Ref:170652)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Man, I have to laugh-if not I'd cry---the day of the race, I had it taped for me, didn't watch it in the evening after the kids were in bed cuz I had painted the kitchen, did dad-duty and my wife wanted to watch a rented movie that had to be returned the next morning. Monday night, I was bagged and went to bed early after reading bedtime stories, but then woke up at 1:30 in the bloody morning, and came down to watch it.

First, the commentators mention a switch to another channel because of time overrun, then as I'm hoping that wouldn't happen, with 30 or so laps to go (to the shortened 230) and Fernandez crashing out on one of the crucial restarts, the damn tape ended, and here I am at 4 in the morning, a work day ahead, and I missed the end!!!!

Plus, what's all this about Penske and no more Gil and Helio??? I obciously studiously avoided any news and web news, so it seems I have some catching up to do. Really though, I need to go back to bed.

And yes, it was a very entertaining season, as they have been for the last many years. It's a great series, haven't been following all the ins and outs of the politics, but hope they get all their ka-ka togther, engines and all.

sleepy djb
Old 6 Nov 2001, 09:29 (Ref:170659)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, just looked around, and happily saw that Montreal IS on next year's calander-aug 25 I think. The next little while is going to be interesting in CART news though, on many different fronts.
Now back to bed.