Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 5 Feb 2004, 15:44 (Ref:864160)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kenny working hard to get back in shape

Kenny Bräck has updated his website with some shots from his rehabilitation. I have to say that he looks to be in a lot better shape now already compared to when he just came home from the hospital.

Check it out here: http://www.kennybrack.com/
Old 5 Feb 2004, 21:10 (Ref:864541)   #2
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh hope he gets better soon he was such a decent driver and a really nice guy so it was a great shame for something like that to happen to him. Good luck to him
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:25 (Ref:865476)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having read the Autosport article about Kenny's recovery, I really think he'd be best retiring or doing something safer like touring car racing.

I don't want to see him come back from this and get hurt again in the IRL.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 21:53 (Ref:865831)   #4
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kenny has said in several Swedish interviews that he probably will retire in 3-4 years, and that he would like to keep on racing until it's time to do that - if and when he gets back to full health, that is.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:58 (Ref:867409)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he should "go home" and race in Swedish Touring Cars then. Much less risk, and he'd be seen as the home-coming hero.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 21:03 (Ref:867418)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
With our taxes I think he'll prefer to stay in the US when he's done racing
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:48 (Ref:878249)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Autosport reports today that Kenny is now able to walk without aid. Looks his recovery continues right on plan
Old 20 Feb 2004, 00:45 (Ref:879969)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw an interview with Kenny last night on Speed Channel's "Windtunnel" show, with Dave DeSpane.

He looked and sounded great. His attitude is so positive and he can't wait to get back to racing. It's really amazing when you see that terrible crash, that he would ever want to get into a race car again, but he does, and he believes that the IRL is doing all that can be expected to make there races safe. Its a dangerous living. Amen brother! He sounds like a great guy and he's a fun interview too.

Her's a great comment: When asked what it meant to win the Indy 500, he said, its the greatest feeling in the world, because its the greatest race in the world, and everyone remembers you. Nobody remembers you when you win Mexico City or Portland!

Hmmm, a knock on CART perhaps?

Danica Patrick
Old 20 Feb 2004, 18:20 (Ref:880672)   #9
csl
Rookie

csl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I saw an interview with Kenny last night on Speed Channel's "Windtunnel" show, with Dave DeSpane.

He looked and sounded great. His attitude is so positive and he can't wait to get back to racing. It's really amazing when you see that terrible crash, that he would ever want to get into a race car again, but he does, and he believes that the IRL is doing all that can be expected to make there races safe. Its a dangerous living. Amen brother! He sounds like a great guy and he's a fun interview too.

Her's a great comment: When asked what it meant to win the Indy 500, he said, its the greatest feeling in the world, because its the greatest race in the world, and everyone remembers you. Nobody remembers you when you win Mexico City or Portland!

Hmmm, a knock on CART perhaps?

I doubt he meant it as a knock on CART. Besides, that's just his thoughts being Swedish. If he was Mexican, a win there means more, like it did for PT to win in Canada. It's like comparing a sports car victory at Mid Ohio to LeMans.

I think he should stay out of open wheel racing. Touring cars or sports cars would be better.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 20:10 (Ref:880763)   #10
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As impressive as his recovery undoubtedly is, the fact that he's only now able to walk unaided has to be worrying. Also, from the articles I've read about his recovery, on his own site and elsewhere, it sounds like he still has a lot of work to do. At 37 years old with a young family, maybe he should think about another series or even retiring? It's one thing to break a leg racing, but ... I dunno, it would just seems like tempting fate.

I wouldn't take his comment about Indy too seriously, it's just the kind of cheerleading that goes on in the US. I imagine the hundreds of thousands of Mexican fans who attended Mexico City last season would disagree and think him a little rude.