Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Oct 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4011809)   #51
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualifying starts at approx. 14.05 on Saturday, and will be on shown on ITV.com. Sunday coverage starts at 10.05 on ITV 4.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 12:57 (Ref:4011820)   #52
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And there’s nice DTM highlights on ITV4 just before the BTCC coverage, so enough to satisfy my appetite
Old 22 Oct 2020, 08:11 (Ref:4011918)   #53
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Bobby Thompson out of Snett on medical grounds. Ethan Hammerton will fill in at Snetterton

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Oct 2020, 12:43 (Ref:4011964)   #54
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Medical grounds? Thought he was allegedly all OK? Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

The cynic in me does wonder if medical grounds translates as fatally wounded wallet.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 13:00 (Ref:4011966)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No, it was mentioned earlier he needed a medical test beforehand. IDK where you got the idea he had already had it. Maybe he did, but the results hadn't come through. Anyway it's been revealed he's had concussion, so that's that

So with Hammerton coming in it means we have four driver changes for the weekend, let's see how each get on, although losing Bobby is a blow after all he's done for TPC, let's hope he's back for Brands
Old 22 Oct 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4012001)   #56
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Medical grounds? Thought he was allegedly all OK? Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

The cynic in me does wonder if medical grounds translates as fatally wounded wallet.
I think there are extra protocols in place these days. Remember Andy Jordans problems at Snetterton in 2014 and how long Rob Collard was out for. Toca have done a lot of research.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 19:05 (Ref:4012029)   #57
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yes indeed Gents. Think I managed to mix Bobby T in my head with a different driver in a different series on a different continent...

Concussion can be very nasty, hard to diagnose and determine how long and how badly its effects will be felt. See Dario Franchitti for further details.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 20:44 (Ref:4012054)   #58
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So HAMMER-ton is back, had to put it that way as already, I'm getting him mixed up with Lewis' brother. Dread to think what the commentators will have to go through. It's like the Brundle and Blundell of the BTCC even if Ethan isn't returning to Team HARD.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 21:50 (Ref:4012059)   #59
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
I'm getting him mixed up with Lewis' brother. Dread to think what the commentators will have to go through.
I doubt it will be much of a problem. Neither is likely to get much airtime.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 22:06 (Ref:4012060)   #60
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Unless they have a coming together or start next to each other. Just my imagination running wild really but anything's possible in the BTCC.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 22:36 (Ref:4012062)   #61
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Had to double-take at HARD's post of Nic's car earlier, captioned as social distancing...

Great shame for Bobby as he is easily the best driver in the running for the JST, but yeah it's the right decision.

Hammerton seems a weird choice for a replacement, especially as he races for HARD anyway, but I suppose they share the GKD sponsorship. Could have had two women on the grid if Hawkey had a break from Porsches this weekend!
Old 23 Oct 2020, 07:38 (Ref:4012095)   #62
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I think it was a case of Ethan has funds, was available and keen as mustard to get back in a BTCC car. The TPC car appears better prepped than #HARD so hopefully he has an opportunity to shine.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 10:48 (Ref:4012155)   #63
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Good luck to everyone making their first appearance of the season this weekend. Hope Neate keeps his Jonathan Palmer in check. When was the last time there were this many driver changes between race weekends?
Old 23 Oct 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4012167)   #64
S griffin
Veteran

Probably would have to back to before 2014 for the last time there were this many driver changes
Old 23 Oct 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4012195)   #65
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Probably would have to back to before 2014 for the last time there were this many driver changes
More than likely, cue the memory jogging, later folks.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4012224)   #66
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Knockhill 2013 was the last time we had 4 (mid season) driver changes at a single event. Several occasions since there with 3 changes.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 16:54 (Ref:4012230)   #67
S griffin
Veteran

Trying to remember off the top of my head who replaced who

O’Neill for Goff (I think)
Bushell for Neate
Moffat for Girling
Who drove the other Insignia that weekend?
Old 23 Oct 2020, 17:05 (Ref:4012234)   #68
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Trying to remember off the top of my head who replaced who

O’Neill for Goff (I think)
Bushell for Neate
Moffat for Girling
Who drove the other Insignia that weekend?
Kieran Gallagher.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 17:21 (Ref:4012237)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

That’s it, thanks. I remember Robb Holland did Snetterton, so I was trying to remember who replaced him at Knockhill
Old 23 Oct 2020, 17:56 (Ref:4012247)   #70
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
That’s it, thanks. I remember Robb Holland did Snetterton, so I was trying to remember who replaced him at Knockhill
You're welcome.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 18:06 (Ref:4012251)   #71
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didnt robb drive at knockie that year, he was there because i met him on the friday
Old 23 Oct 2020, 18:42 (Ref:4012257)   #72
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
didnt robb drive at knockie that year, he was there because i met him on the friday
Nope, definitely O'Neill and Gallagher, I remember watching those races on TV.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 20:04 (Ref:4012270)   #73
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
He drove the Karcher Avensis in 15 I think?

Anyway, looking ahead to the weekend and it'll be interesting to see what the weather throws at us. I can't remember Snett being anything but a July or August meeting for so long, dealing with 30C+ temps.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 06:39 (Ref:4012325)   #74
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
He drove the Karcher Avensis in 15 I think?

Anyway, looking ahead to the weekend and it'll be interesting to see what the weather throws at us. I can't remember Snett being anything but a July or August meeting for so long, dealing with 30C+ temps.
Current BBC forecast - no rain, sunny intervals and moderate breeze - 13 to 14 degrees max. Not too bad for nearly the end of October!
Old 24 Oct 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4012345)   #75
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Current BBC forecast - no rain, sunny intervals and moderate breeze - 13 to 14 degrees max. Not too bad for nearly the end of October!
Spot on at the moment but haven't seen any sunny intervals yet! Looking like it's going to tip it down any minute, Ingram went out on wets