Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2008, 10:54 (Ref:2207203)   #101
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
Yes, there will be live timing on the main site.
Thanks Satorian!
Old 20 May 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2207261)   #102
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a fan of the Gumpert really, but I do love to still see that Viper out

Maybe they should give its last two cylinders back
Old 20 May 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2207406)   #103
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
I'm sorry guys, but does anyone know if there will be live timing?
19.05.2008 24h live on internet

The 36th ADAC Zurich 24h-race will be broadcasted live on the internet. In addition to the coverage on DSF and the new DVB-T technology this is another top-class broadcasting-source of the race. This service is realized by the Wige Media AG in cooperation with „auto motor und sport“, „MOTORSPORT aktuell“ and „sport auto“.
After the successful streaming last year, we will extend the program to be as close as possible on the race-action. Therefore there will be an exclusively, for the streaming established pit-camera, which will supply the viewers live and directly with brandnew informations. Besides the trackradio there will be reporters live at the event, who will talk exclusively to drivers and other interesting persons to keep the user up-to-date. So the focus will be especially on the action during the night to project the 24 hours in its full length. The live-informations will be supported by a lot of reports which follow the race and also work it up editorial.

Two streams in two qualities
The stream will be broadcasted in two qualities. In addition to a standard dsl quality there will be another stream in premium quality. The user simply needs a standard pc and a dsl charge to watch the complete race. The live-stream is supported by the official partners Bilstein, the DSK, Gran Turismo, Moskovskaya and Dunlop. The program will start on Saturday, the 24th May at 02:30 pm with pictures of the starting grid. After the finish of the race, the winners ceremony will round up the coverage on Sunday, the 25th may at 03:30 pm.

Old 20 May 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2207410)   #104
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
What's a DSL charge?
Old 20 May 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2207483)   #105
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
What's a DSL charge?
I think it's a poor translation meaning 'DSL connection'.
Old 20 May 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2207510)   #106
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I think it's a poor translation meaning 'DSL connection'.
Yeah, so said my IT geek flatmate. So broadband, basically?
Old 20 May 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2207558)   #107
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The translation really is poor. I submitted an alternative translation of the original text to them. Perhaps they'll pick it up.

In any case, here's my version:

"The 36th ADAC Zürich 24h race will enjoy live online distribution, offering a complementary high-quality IP broadcast in addition to the coverage on DSF (german sports television) and our new DVB-T package. This service has been brought to life by a cooperation between WIGE Media AG, "auto motor und sport", "MOTORSPORT aktuell" and "sport auto".

Following the successful live streaming of last year's event, we expanded our program by several key features to move our fans even closer to the race action. There will be another live camera, exclusively tasked for the online stream, to share all the exciting pit lane events with our viewers. Throughout the race it will show pit stops (of top competitors and minor teams alike) as well as provide up-to-date interviews. The on-track reporters will be supported by moderators, regularly bringing the viewer up to speed with comprehensive reports on the race events. The whole 24h race will be accompanied this way, not just providing live information, but delivering editorial content to help following the action as it unfolds. Whether start, night or finish, our reporters will be there so the fans don't miss a thing.

Two streams, two quality options
The stream will be brought to you with a choice of two different quality levels. Besides a standard DSL/cable (broadband) option, there will also be a premium quality stream. While a standard DSL connection is sufficient to follow the race on the default stream, at least a 2-MBit-connection is recommended for the premium stream. The offer of this exceptional service has been made possible thanks to our partners Bilstein, the DSK, Dunlop, Gran Turismo and Moskovskaya.

It will all start Saturday, May 24th, at 2.30pm with impressions from the starting grid. Following the race finish on May 25th at 3.30pm, we will conclude the event with some voices from pit lane."
Old 20 May 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2207568)   #108
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, exactly.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2207578)   #109
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't say that, he might do vodoo on/with your computer

( I always watch my IT friend very closly around my computer...
Or you will get a Wurz action, spilling green fluid and watching as if nothing has happened)

Last edited by kingkai; 20 May 2008 at 17:25.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2207583)   #110
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
The translation really is poor. I submitted an alternative translation of the original text to them. Perhaps they'll pick it up.

In any case, here's my version:

"The 36th ADAC Zürich 24h race will enjoy live online distribution, offering a complementary high-quality IP broadcast in addition to the coverage on DSF (german sports television) and our new DVB-T package. This service has been brought to life by a cooperation between WIGE Media AG, "auto motor und sport", "MOTORSPORT aktuell" and "sport auto".

Following the successful live streaming of last year's event, we expanded our program by several key features to move our fans even closer to the race action. There will be another live camera, exclusively tasked for the online stream, to share all the exciting pit lane events with our viewers. Throughout the race it will show pit stops (of top competitors and minor teams alike) as well as provide up-to-date interviews. The on-track reporters will be supported by moderators, regularly bringing the viewer up to speed with comprehensive reports on the race events. The whole 24h race will be accompanied this way, not just providing live information, but delivering editorial content to help following the action as it unfolds. Whether start, night or finish, our reporters will be there so the fans don't miss a thing.

Two streams, two quality options
The stream will be brought to you with a choice of two different quality levels. Besides a standard DSL/cable (broadband) option, there will also be a premium quality stream. While a standard DSL connection is sufficient to follow the race on the default stream, at least a 2-MBit-connection is recommended for the premium stream. The offer of this exceptional service has been made possible thanks to our partners Bilstein, the DSK, Dunlop, Gran Turismo and Moskovskaya.

It will all start Saturday, May 24th, at 2.30pm with impressions from the starting grid. Following the race finish on May 25th at 3.30pm, we will conclude the event with some voices from pit lane."
Thanks, that's a considerable amount better
Old 20 May 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2207586)   #111
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not a fan of the Gumpert really, but I do love to still see that Viper out

Maybe they should give its last two cylinders back
The way it's been going in the last VLN races it doesn't need them at all. And with 8 cylinders they need less fuel. If the car lasts it's definitely a contender for the win.
Old 20 May 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2207662)   #112
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Thanks, that's a considerable amount better
You really do have to wonder why they didn't get someone proper to write their English texts (or translate their German originals into English). I'd do it for just a few euro-cent per word. They should hire me for that. As I'm also watching the race anyway, I could translate their official race reports as well.

Last edited by Satorian; 20 May 2008 at 18:55.
Old 20 May 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2207696)   #113
mufc6000
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
mufc6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking like its going to be the German stream with Radio Le Mans commentary for me.
Old 20 May 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2207708)   #114
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc6000
Looking like its going to be the German stream with Radio Le Mans commentary for me.
I'd say "i'll join you on that" but i know exactly what mufc stands for. diiiiiiirty.
Old 20 May 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2207709)   #115
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure that I read in the Autosport mag a few weeks ago that Aston Martin Racing will be running a DBRS9 with Karl Wendlinger & Robert Lechner as two of the drivers, is this true?

Tom.
Old 20 May 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2207717)   #116
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
I'm sure that I read in the Autosport mag a few weeks ago that Aston Martin Racing will be running a DBRS9 with Karl Wendlinger & Robert Lechner as two of the drivers, is this true?

Tom.
http://www.astonmartinracing.com/new...2-6418e4b318ea

Indeed, official page confirms this
Old 20 May 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2207719)   #117
mufc6000
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
mufc6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd say "i'll join you on that" but i know exactly what mufc stands for. diiiiiiirty.
Jealousy, pure and utter jealousy
Old 20 May 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2207724)   #118
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Yes, that's true. Tomas Enge and Stefan Mücke will complete the spectacular line-up. The car's based on a GT3 and will be running in the SP8 class.
Old 20 May 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2207732)   #119
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai
http://www.astonmartinracing.com/new...2-6418e4b318ea

Indeed, official page confirms this
Thanks.

Quote:
Yes, that's true. Tomas Enge and Stefan Mücke will complete the spectacular line-up. The car's based on a GT3 and will be running in the SP8 class.
Will it be having the rear wing like the DBRS9 that ran last year?

Also what series does the car run in now (is it a current chassis, or new build?)

Tom.
Old 20 May 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2207765)   #120
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Will it be having the rear wing like the DBRS9 that ran last year?
No, it won't. SP8 and SP7 got different aero regs this year. The rear wing can't extend beyond the car's rear bodywork now. Previously it could extend out by 40cm.

Quote:
Also what series does the car run in now (is it a current chassis, or new build?)
I think it's the old chassis. The car itself isn't running in any series as far as I know, but the endurance transmission was put into the DBRS9 that ran Sebring this year if I recall correctly.

And another heads-up: There's been a new competitors bulletin on Friday, May 16th, which allowed the Alzen Porsche's rear bodywork openings.
Old 20 May 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2207872)   #121
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And another heads-up: There's been a new competitors bulletin on Friday, May 16th, which allowed the Alzen Porsche's rear bodywork openings.
Great news!! They won't have a chance with an untested car like this, but I'm rooting for them anyway. Must respect Alzen for never going the easy way and buying an RSR, but always building their own (crazy) cars!
Old 20 May 2008, 23:49 (Ref:2207878)   #122
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So which lap will the Alzen Porsche catch on fire this time? Place your bets gentlemen.............
Seriously though, good on them for not going with an RSR and doing something a bit different, still remember the 'Alien' 996 turbo, one of my favourite cars of the 24hr, they should bring back that livery, 'Alien mk2' anyone?
Old 21 May 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2208118)   #123
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
No, it won't. SP8 and SP7 got different aero regs this year. The rear wing can't extend beyond the car's rear bodywork now. Previously it could extend out by 40cm.
So it will be running the standard DBRS9 rear wing then?

Quote:
I think it's the old chassis. The car itself isn't running in any series as far as I know, but the endurance transmission was put into the DBRS9 that ran Sebring this year if I recall correctly.
So is it the Phoenix Racing DBRS9 that ran last year?

And what is the team name, because it doesn't say on the entry list?

Also any pics yet of the DBRS9?

Tom.
Old 21 May 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2208393)   #124
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
So which lap will the Alzen Porsche catch on fire this time? Place your bets gentlemen.............
Seriously though, good on them for not going with an RSR and doing something a bit different, still remember the 'Alien' 996 turbo, one of my favourite cars of the 24hr, they should bring back that livery, 'Alien mk2' anyone?
eurgh, i can't decide on the vitaphone livery, but i'm in a mood with them after they sold out for le mans (sh*te-aphone, anyone?).

It is the vitaphone one, right?
Old 21 May 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2208404)   #125
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Great news!! They won't have a chance with an untested car like this, but I'm rooting for them anyway. Must respect Alzen for never going the easy way and buying an RSR, but always building their own (crazy) cars!
If they were more reliable, they would be even more exciting.
I mean, does anybody ever expect them to finish a race or spend enough time doing quick laps to compensate for their time in the pits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
To offer something new it will probably catch water, like water getting into its air induction system and somehow screwing up their turbos or engine. Just you wait!

Quote:
So it will be running the standard DBRS9 rear wing then?
I don't know the width limitations to the standard GT3 rear wing, but it could very well be. On the other hand side the Nordschleife offers high average speeds, so perhaps they'll have some low-drag wing installed.

Quote:
So is it the Phoenix Racing DBRS9 that ran last year?
I think so.

Quote:
And what is the team name, because it doesn't say on the entry list?
I'm not completely sure, but I think they are running as AMR this time around.

Quote:
Also any pics yet of the DBRS9?
Can't recall having seen any.