Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Oct 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4012352)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You missed out 'weird' between 'wears' and 'clothes' but the point is well made.....
Old 24 Oct 2020, 10:13 (Ref:4012353)   #127
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How many people still revere Hunt the Shunt due to his maverick, non conformist nature? I’m sure plenty would. We need characters in the sport. That’s how Ricciardo became my favourite driver, because he adds so much colour to the sport due to his sunny personality and his great sense of humour
Old 24 Oct 2020, 11:33 (Ref:4012363)   #128
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I always find people criticising his ‘off track antics’ interesting.

Which part don’t you like?

He has a fashion line....so do other drivers
He makes music...so do other drivers
He likes collecting cars...so do other drivers
He likes travelling the world...so do other drivers

And yet none of them get criticism

This isn’t a pop at you, just I’ve never understood the criticism Hamilton gets for doing something he loves in his spare time

I don't know. In my case it has nothing to with criticism, but I tend to prefer people that are more quiet.
(That's not a 100% thing, but I have been wondering why I like some drivers or other sporters more than others. I think it is a factor - for me)

I don't care what Lewis' hobbies are, but sometimes it is difficult NOT to know.
He really wants everybody to know, not noticing is sometimes just not an option.

I'm just not too fond of those extravert, outgoing characters but tend to like more the quiet, introverted type of people.
(Probably because I'm one of those myself)

Part of that is caused by Lewis himself because he wants everybody to know what he is doing/wearing/etc...
Part of that is because of the media: they want everybody to know what Lewis does/likes/wears
I don't care and prefer to not know or ignore.

Just compare to Vettel (in his Red Bull days)
* Lewis was always surrounded by his girlfriend and always looking for and getting attention.
* On the other hand: what do we know of Vettel?

Or Bottas ... or Leclerc ?
Or Ricciardo ... apart from the weird shoe thing ?

Since they were mentioned:

Lando doesn't bother me. I am not using any social media at all, so I am not constantly made aware of what Lando is doing, saying, thinking or which games or stuff in general he likes or doesn't like

I'm too young to have witnessed Hunt. Times were different then. Hunt in 2020 would most likely have annoyed me as a personality.

--
Again, all these things don't make anyone a better or worse driver, or a better or worse person and have no influence on whether they deserve respect or not (they all do)
Old 24 Oct 2020, 12:26 (Ref:4012370)   #129
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
That’s a fair enough and balance take on it.

I suppose it boils down to the type of character we like. I’m not saying I like to hear everything that hamilton does off track, but I have the ability to scroll or click away from something.

Tbh I can’t honestly say that I notice Hamilton’s off track stuff too much, because I don’t read the media, don’t watch tv unless Its for the race or Netflix so maybe I just don’t expose myself to these things.

I think too often people can be hypocritical (and not accusing you of this) but sometimes drivers are damned if they don’t give their fans an insight into their lives, and also damned if they give too much insight...

....of course in reality we are all responsible for the things we read, websites we choose to click on and media we choose to consume. We all have the ability to scroll past or ignore something if we choose....

...of course there are those who choose not to and just complain for the sake of complaining
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:31 (Ref:4012431)   #130
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pole.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4012469)   #131
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Pole.
97th time.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 14:46 (Ref:4012871)   #132
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only 92 wins.

Well done sir. Well done.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4012982)   #133
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max Mosley predicted that Lewis would go on to break Michael’s records and that was back in 2007. So you have to say Max was bang on the money pretty much
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4012984)   #134
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Max Mosley predicted that Lewis would go on to break Michael’s records and that was back in 2007. So you have to say Max was bang on the money pretty much
Always a worry when Max and bang are in the same sentence.....
Old 26 Oct 2020, 08:46 (Ref:4013123)   #135
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I'm just not too fond of those extravert, outgoing characters but tend to like more the quiet, introverted type of people.
(Probably because I'm one of those myself)
I kind of get this. I am a huge introvert myself and, as such, have always been rejected by most extroverts so tend not to love all of them!

That being said, Hamilton doesn't strike me as the classic extrovert. Actually, I am not sure he is an extrovert in any way all. I can see how he can be interpreted in that way (the clothes) but he actually comes across as quite a shy person to me. Endearingly thoughtful, clumsy, awkward, quiet. You don't really see much of him in public, he is seldom with other people beyond his dad, his love life is an absolute mystery.

There is a disconnect between the social media Hamilton, the outrageous clothing and cool(?) image and the slightly uncomfortable in his own skin guy we actually see and hear from. He seems to be on a journey of discovery outside racing and piecing it all together, bit by bit.

When it comes down to it, he is just a big old dork really. He is one of us. I like him. There, I said it.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4013124)   #136
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Always a worry when Max and bang are in the same sentence.....
I dunno. Gas explosion sounds good...

Only kidding Max.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 12:04 (Ref:4013170)   #137
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Why? He races under a UK licence, hence as far as the Championship is concerned he is British as were Clark, Stewart, Hill x2, Hunt, Mansell.
Because you just happen to be lucky enough to come from a country where you can make the division and still have a meaningful conversation about it.

In comparison to Australia, where you would have to separate the states to have a similar conversation. It doesn't work.

The best driver to come out of New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia are short conversations. If you knew Will Power was from Queensland, then that's a short conversation as well.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 12:28 (Ref:4013178)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

It only really works when you have sports with nations competing.

Don’t worry there’s plenty of good places in Oz. Even if they have separate states rather than separate countries like we do over here. I guess it means more in America the different states. Nope I wouldn’t have recognised Power from, so there you go
Old 26 Oct 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4013184)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've discovered Mr. Hamilton's favourite watering-hole.......

https://food.list.co.uk/place/64889-...inn-stevenage/
Old 26 Oct 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4013188)   #140
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Old 26 Oct 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4013204)   #141
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You've got waaaaaay too much time on your hands
Old 26 Oct 2020, 15:18 (Ref:4013227)   #142
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:

Old 26 Oct 2020, 16:22 (Ref:4013238)   #143
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

That’s a GOAT post
Old 26 Oct 2020, 18:01 (Ref:4013254)   #144
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
You've got waaaaaay too much time on your hands
I'm retired, you know..... It goes with the territory......
Old 26 Oct 2020, 23:10 (Ref:4013300)   #145
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Enjoy the 92.

https://youtu.be/YU-d7fVgGtY
Old 27 Oct 2020, 14:58 (Ref:4013377)   #146
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
thats a really long video and i stopped watching by around 30....but that covered the best bit, his 21 races wins with Mcalren! those were some awesome years.

the crazy part is that left 71 wins (and counting) with Merc. which is just plain bonkers but then i looked up the number of wins Schumi had with Ferrari...72.

so record of most wins with one team will be next to fall.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 18:35 (Ref:4013409)   #147
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
One thing I noticed was that there was a #keepfightingMichael sticker when he was in 20s.

Old 27 Oct 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4013413)   #148
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
One thing I noticed was that there was a #keepfightingMichael sticker when he was in 20s.

so long ago but also not that long ago.

that Heineken advert on the podium had a picture of Michael on it (bottom left corner nearest to where the drivers were standing)...so during the podium celebration that corner was often in the the tv frame. which, in a way, was like Schumi was also on the podium with LH for 92.

i got a bit emotional over that. same when Mick gave LH the helmet the race before.

wish he could have been there himself.

#keepfightingMichael
Old 27 Oct 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4013414)   #149
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

They have had remarkably similar careers for all their differences in approach. Initial flurry of success, four/five tougher years and then just routine winning.

It is kind of weird to think Michael probably isn't aware of all this happening and that, when he had his accident, it looked like Vettel was going for his records. How the years have flown by.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 19:26 (Ref:4013417)   #150
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I always find myself terribly torn over Lewis.On one hand I absolutely admire that he is in another class, his achievements and his career choices to be in the right car at the right time. This is tempered by the fact that in the hybrid era, Mercedes F1 team has won around 80% of the points each season, sometimes 85% and that sort of efficiency and consistency is what has made those titles, but they still need to be exploited and executed by the driver, which Lewis does.

One of the things that grates with me, was the more combative year Lewis had with Rosberg, when Lewis played the lowly background card in contrast to Nico's Monaco upbringing.

As I remember it, Lewis has had his career funded by either (and sometimes both) Mercedes or McLaren since he was 13 years old, has sat in the best teams and equipment every year since, paid for largely by one of the world's biggest global brands.

There are and have been many very talented drivers, who have never had the backing to realise potential. Lewis did and has and he has executed it perfectly.