Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Jun 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3828328)   #501
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Loeb doesn't make the final for the first time, that was something
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3828940)   #502
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Loeb doesn't make the final for the first time, that was something
Was there any explanation of why he missed the joker lap? Should you really need a spotter to tell you to joker on the last lap if you haven't done one already?

It is the sort of dumb thing I would do but seeing a legend like Loeb make a mistake like that was just bizarre.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3828952)   #503
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Was there any explanation of why he missed the joker lap? Should you really need a spotter to tell you to joker on the last lap if you haven't done one already?

It is the sort of dumb thing I would do but seeing a legend like Loeb make a mistake like that was just bizarre.
Does seem odd to think of a driver as experienced as Loeb forgetting it, but when he is concentrating on racing perhaps it is easier done than we think.

He isn't the first one to do it though and I very much doubt he will be the last.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3828957)   #504
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They said on the commentary he would not be concentrating on the last lap board, so would need the spotter to tell him
Old 14 Jun 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3829318)   #505
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New version of the Peugeot 208 will hit the track in Sweden:

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...weden-1046065/

I personally think the current 208's look like a match for the Polo, an even quicker car might (finally) put PSRXVW on the back foot.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3829430)   #506
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
New version of the Peugeot 208 will hit the track in Sweden:

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...weden-1046065/

I personally think the current 208's look like a match for the Polo, an even quicker car might (finally) put PSRXVW on the back foot.
Don't know if it's because of the move inhouse but Peugeot made a step forward.

Did they do engine development for WRC inhouse before?
Old 15 Jun 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3829631)   #507
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't Pipo or Oreca always build Hansens engines?
Old 15 Jun 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3829673)   #508
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Don't think that Hansen cars have ever used Pipo engines, I can only ever recall seeing Oreca mentioned with their cars (at least as far back as the C4's).

I think M-Sport or Petter were the first to go to Pipo for a rallycross engine?
Old 15 Jun 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3829785)   #509
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Oreca
Old 3 Jul 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3834471)   #510
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
So another win for Johan and another penalty for Ekstrom. If the contact with Hansen was an isolated event, I'd be inclined to view it as a racing incident. But considering what happened at Barcelona and everything he has done since, I am definitely seeing Ekstrom as a rather dirty driver this year.

Mattias always talked about "winning with respect". Perhaps the pressure of Audi Sport backing (and the need for results) is the cause for more aggressive driving?

Gutted for Petter, really thought he had a shout at victory. Looked like Timmy slowed with an issue at the end? I hope Peugeot can get that car sorted so someone can knock the Polo off the top step. Kristoffersson is a deserving champion, but Timmy has race winning pace and I want to Johan have to fight someone for the title!
Old 4 Jul 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3834606)   #511
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timmy was obviously slowing down with some issue, and it was clear both Bakkerud and Ekstrøm were passing him. Ekstrøm made some questionable moves this season, but I don't think he hit Timmy on purpose this time.

To me, it looked more like he overestimated Timmy's speed and ran into him while shooting for an inside pass. I think he is under a lot of pressure to deliver and perhaps he is making some rash moves this season, but I doubt he is deliberately taking competitors out. Last time I saw that was Doran, good riddance.

I think this was a driver error, and somehow that feels so unnecessary for such an excellent driver.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3834775)   #512
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Timmy was obviously slowing down with some issue, and it was clear both Bakkerud and Ekstrøm were passing him. Ekstrøm made some questionable moves this season, but I don't think he hit Timmy on purpose this time.

To me, it looked more like he overestimated Timmy's speed and ran into him while shooting for an inside pass. I think he is under a lot of pressure to deliver and perhaps he is making some rash moves this season, but I doubt he is deliberately taking competitors out. Last time I saw that was Doran, good riddance.

I think this was a driver error, and somehow that feels so unnecessary for such an excellent driver.
I think Bakkerud only got by Timmy because Ekstrom drove into the back of him and Bakkerud then in turn nudged Timmy wide. They made pretty heavy contact as Bakkerud passed which could have hampered Timmy's car as the on-board does look like it's hard to control over that hill before dropping down for the fast right hand bend.

I agree though, I think it is a misjudgement on Ekstrom's part into that right hander rather than nerfing Timmy off deliberately. He tries to go up the inside, maybe sensing Timmy has a problem, and he gets it wrong.

It says a lot for the championship at the moment that the only thing we are talking about after the 'Magical' Holjes weekend is Ekstrom's questionable driving. Are we all fed up of VW's dominance?

Holjes is lorded as the best rallycross track and the best weekend, and for sure the drivers all seem to love it, but did anyone see an overtake all weekend??
Old 7 Jul 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3835183)   #513
Silhuette
Racer

No, I am not any less invested while VW dominates. Both Audi and Peugeot have championship speed even if they are consistently being beaten to those few ultimate percent by Kristofferson. Solberg has the speed for sure, but keeps having those episodes that costs him a lot. Also enjoy watching Grønholm who is better every race. Hyundai is still a noob and might turn out to be a strong contender if they are successful making next years car.

Didn't Solbergs mishap in the semis look a lot like a grenaded engine, BTW? He was really fast in q3 and q4; championship is gone so maybe he was using some extra boost to chase the home win?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Old 7 Jul 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3835253)   #514
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So glad I went there, especially since it could have been the last in WRX. The reason they call it the "best" weekend is because of the atmosphere, partying and the action the track do deliver. The cars and drivers are kinda even though in WRX so a mistake by someone is needed in order to make an overtake and I think that goes for all of the tracks.

Hansen (and the rest of his followers) was really ****ed after the incident but they have not spoken out if he had a problem. Timmy was complaining at both of the EKS drivers but he was so slow though, like what could they have done in the velodrome? Bakkerud was long gone when he got by and Ekström was obviously faster, although he messed up perhaps.

Either way he would not have made the podium I think.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3835359)   #515
Silhuette
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
So glad I went there, especially since it could have been the last in WRX. The reason they call it the "best" weekend is because of the atmosphere, partying and the action the track do deliver. The cars and drivers are kinda even though in WRX so a mistake by someone is needed in order to make an overtake and I think that goes for all of the tracks.

Hansen (and the rest of his followers) was really ****ed after the incident but they have not spoken out if he had a problem. Timmy was complaining at both of the EKS drivers but he was so slow though, like what could they have done in the velodrome? Bakkerud was long gone when he got by and Ekström was obviously faster, although he messed up perhaps.

Either way he would not have made the podium I think.
I agree, the way Bakkerud flew past and immediately pulled out a lead shows Hansen had a problem. I heard one of the Ford guys say they struggled with engine temp and lost power towards the end of a heat - maybe this is one of the reasons why the front cooled VWs are so consistently fast.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3835382)   #516
S griffin
Veteran

Another win for Bakkerud, what bad luck from Solberg and what is happening to Ekstrom this season? He seems to be involved in an incident in every meeting so far. He needs to get his act back together
Old 13 Jul 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3836581)   #517
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Solberg always have bad luck, hein!?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3836964)   #518
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMG announced a new TV deal today for Germany.

Half the population on this planet must be able to watch rallycross on TV these days...

The biggest problem is for the real RX-fan Live streaming on the internet is hardly available...

So how many are actually watching those Live shows on TV?
And how many the live stream on internet?
Old 17 Jul 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3837072)   #519
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't watch it at all to be honest

Bores me to tears
Old 17 Jul 2018, 10:14 (Ref:3837080)   #520
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
IMG announced a new TV deal today for Germany.

Half the population on this planet must be able to watch rallycross on TV these days...

The biggest problem is for the real RX-fan Live streaming on the internet is hardly available...

So how many are actually watching those Live shows on TV?
And how many the live stream on internet?
I watch the TV show (sometimes recorded, but mostly live) now it's on FTA, though I have watched the livestream in the past when I didn't have access to the right TV channel.

I am not a fan of purely Facebook livestreams (as I can't watch those on TV), but You Tube livestreams are great.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3838486)   #521
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Looks like Derek Tohill has put his Fiesta up for sale:

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/i...hp?a=2&b=41052

I wonder if he has something else lined up?
Old 27 Jul 2018, 09:36 (Ref:3839055)   #522
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
It's very rare that I don't get excited about seeing a new driver being added to a race line up: this is one of those times.

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...ross-return-at

I was thoroughly underwhelmed with Villeneuve before.

(Appreciate this should be posted in the ARX thread really, as he will be driving there)
Old 27 Jul 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3839077)   #523
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Awesome news!

Now we need Paul Tracy...
Old 27 Jul 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3839088)   #524
S griffin
Veteran

Villeneuve returning to the place his father got discovered by a certain Mr Hunt
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3839927)   #525
Silhuette
Racer

Villneuve certainly did well in a straight fight with Solberg in Q4 Canada 2014.

https://video-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/...87&oe=5B5E05D0

He is an outstanding driver and I think he could do well in a competitive team once he gets comfortable with the sport.

We should keep in mind that even Loeb spent a season or two getting used to the liberal approach to passing and contact.

Last edited by Silhuette; 29 Jul 2018 at 14:40.