Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3525571)   #601
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Well actually, I don't know if it's for the whole weekend or not. Last year I was lucky enough to get Michelin hospitality and that was just from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. So perhaps Porsche's is the same length.

Anyway, I was told that it was $8,000!!!
Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3525575)   #602
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peanuts! If you are the clientele Porsche is offering this hospitality to.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 05:24 (Ref:3525638)   #603
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Thank you, very happy the vieuw doesn't change much. I miss the big weel though.
Wonder where they will build it.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 05:31 (Ref:3525640)   #604
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Thank you, very happy the vieuw doesn't change much. I miss the big weel though.
Wonder where they will build it.
I think it will be built on the other side of the track. Last Monsday, I went to the circuit and I could see the trucks carrying the big wheel on the other side. Tomorrow, I'll go to confirm. I think it will be built for the motorbikes 24h and will stay until June.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 05:34 (Ref:3525642)   #605
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Peanuts! If you are the clientele Porsche is offering this hospitality to.
Are you sure Mathias? I was told last year only the clientele Porsche was allowed to get Porsche hospitality (excepet the guests of course) but with a 1000€ ticket.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 05:34 (Ref:3525643)   #606
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think it will be built on the other side of the track. Last Monsday, I went to the circuit and I could see the trucks carrying the big wheel on the other side. Tomorrow, I'll go to confirm. I think it will be built for the motorbikes 24h and will stay until June.
Thanks, you are the best.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 19:27 (Ref:3525865)   #607
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Are you sure Mathias? I was told last year only the clientele Porsche was allowed to get Porsche hospitality (excepet the guests of course) but with a 1000€ ticket.
Of course it depends what is in this hospitality, but 1000€ sounds quite cheap for a person where money isn't the issue.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3527474)   #608
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The big wheel that you saw is for the bike's 24 hours, it's her usual place for this race, near the Bugatti circuit
It's not the same wheel that during the 24H in june. The big wheel of 24H is higher
Old 28 Apr 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3531608)   #609
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello,
It's not official, but in my opinion there will be a new public zone near the interior of Porsche curve, just before the curve. There is a barrier behind the fences, probably expected for the public. It would be a very nice spot, inside the forest

I draw in red this zone :

ps : sorry for the little size, but i dont know to use the function "insert image" of the forum
Old 28 Apr 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3531629)   #610
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fingers crossed. Thanks
Old 28 Apr 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3531646)   #611
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Will be good for some highspeed flyby's
Old 29 Apr 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3531694)   #612
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
That looks very promissing, thanks for the update.
Old 3 May 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3533614)   #613
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Hello,
It's not official, but in my opinion there will be a new public zone near the interior of Porsche curve, just before the curve. There is a barrier behind the fences, probably expected for the public. It would be a very nice spot, inside the forest

I draw in red this zone :

ps : sorry for the little size, but i dont know to use the function "insert image" of the forum
I marshalled that area for 15 years, it's very fast, so I'm not sure the fences are being put in for a public viewing area. After the Rockenfeller accident of a few years back, the ACO/FIA have put permanent fencing anywhere a residential or commercial property backs onto the track. Much to the annoyance of many locals who have compared it to living in a concentration camp.

A property in the area sans fence - nowhere to spectate there - it's somebodys house. In 2014, it had fencing. At best that will be the limit of expanding the existing spectator area on the inside- maybe 100m, to where the "secret" path from Beausejour comes to trackside.

https://goo.gl/maps/74d5w

July 2014 on Les Hunaudieres
https://goo.gl/maps/cS47W

using Google stretview history, same spot 2009
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@47.95...Rpbw!2e0?hl=en

this was the view of the Porsche curves entry in 2014 race
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...09-2014-108962
the line of what it would become was already laid out.
And by the start of this year
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9Bf0ubIEAAR_Y7.jpg:large

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 3 May 2015 at 13:52. Reason: completion of message
Old 5 May 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3534502)   #614
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I marshalled that area for 15 years, it's very fast, so I'm not sure the fences are being put in for a public viewing area. After the Rockenfeller accident of a few years back, the ACO/FIA have put permanent fencing anywhere a residential or commercial property backs onto the track. Much to the annoyance of many locals who have compared it to living in a concentration camp.

A property in the area sans fence - nowhere to spectate there - it's somebodys house. In 2014, it had fencing. At best that will be the limit of expanding the existing spectator area on the inside- maybe 100m, to where the "secret" path from Beausejour comes to trackside.

https://goo.gl/maps/74d5w

July 2014 on Les Hunaudieres
https://goo.gl/maps/cS47W

using Google stretview history, same spot 2009
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@47.95...Rpbw!2e0?hl=en

this was the view of the Porsche curves entry in 2014 race
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...09-2014-108962
the line of what it would become was already laid out.
And by the start of this year
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9Bf0ubIEAAR_Y7.jpg:large
Okay, but behind these high fences, that we can see in your last image (interior side), there is now a low barrier (how do you say ? "guard-rail", "railing" ? ) , like in other public areas.
Old 7 May 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3535053)   #615
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Michel, if you have seen a spectator barrier that is the same as in other places then I will agree, it appears the area is being extended.
However, I still think your first map was over optimistic. The house opposite Chemin des Bordages has to be the maximum limit possible. I still cannot believe the spectator zone can be extended more than 100m. (opposite the 200m board in the 2012 streetview)

Since I will be back marshalling on Hunaudieres this year, I will not be able to see how it all ends.

Good luck to those looking for a new viewing spot.
Old 8 May 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3535493)   #616
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Apparently, this year, the funfair will be near karting track
Bad, it's very isolated, in the middle of nowhere
Old 8 May 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3535500)   #617
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
It will certainly hurt their business. However I do think it is good to get more spectators moving in that direction. The section between the pits up to Tertre Rouge can be quite crowded, together with the Maison Blanche campsite viewing spots.
Old 8 May 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3535505)   #618
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So does that mean the bits of the funfair that were left by the stage will be gone? should make TR camp site a little quieter
Old 8 May 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3535538)   #619
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This isn't a bad thing if the funfair is all in one place. As CTD says, that are is seriously under-used and the fair itself hasn't been the same since it was dotted about.
Old 9 May 2015, 10:04 (Ref:3535753)   #620
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Hey, back in business after a short recovery due to some surgery. What about the porsche curve's works?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...22742228712026
Old 9 May 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3535759)   #621
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
thanks Eric :-)
Old 9 May 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3535760)   #622
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for those Eric, hope you are OK and are recovering well
Old 9 May 2015, 10:26 (Ref:3535764)   #623
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you Eric. Spectators will be further but the new mound seems to be high enough and the view still pleasant.
Old 9 May 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3535773)   #624
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Thanks for those Eric, hope you are OK and are recovering well
As well as possible. It was not very important.
Old 9 May 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3535873)   #625
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Eric - take it easy now......