Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2018, 12:34 (Ref:3842078)   #826
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
If he had 4 competitive cars he would probably have 4 happy drivers, its a viscous cycle
6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3842089)   #827
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That has to be Jake Hill by now
Sadly not unless something is resolved in less than 24h
Old 7 Aug 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3842091)   #828
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
i would be VERY surprised if it isnt Jake Hill, unless you know something
Old 7 Aug 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3842093)   #829
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
Probably the most sensible and most expected replacement. I think he's a better driver than Rob, actually.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3842099)   #830
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Damn, that's unfortunate. Still, looking forward to seeing who it is...
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3842101)   #831
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see Ricky getting the chance, be interesting to see his performance, as this could be a big weekend for his future
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3842108)   #832
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Damn, that's unfortunate. Still, looking forward to seeing who it is...
Remember Shaun's words - its about performance so I dont think it will be some random from another series who has never touched a NGTC car before,

I still say Hill
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3842110)   #833
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I suspect AWE for the remainder of the season. Mr G is not a happy bunny rabbit, so Jake is grounded, says my radar.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3842114)   #834
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I suspect AWE for the remainder of the season. Mr G is not a happy bunny rabbit, so Jake is grounded, says my radar.
If he is happy dropping the mini challenge, he was leading the series and theres a couple of clashes I think, personally I would rather say I won the mini challenge than I scored a few 15th places in the BTCC
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3842116)   #835
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
4 days he ago - he posted:

'It was awesome to return to the #BTCC last weekend for a "one off" and score points!! Top ten in race 2 turned a good weekend into a brilliant one!! Shall we make a full time return next year?'

Having previously posted:

'to come back for one weekend and have such a positive one really means a lot'

Is there any indication of a U-turn?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3842119)   #836
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ant will not be in the car this weekend - Snetterton was a one-off.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3842122)   #837
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i would be VERY surprised if it isnt Jake Hill, unless you know something
Still grounded by Tony, so unless they’ve come to an agreement it sadly won’t be Jake.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3842130)   #838
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be great to see Ricky Collard in the BTCC and I'd love to see him in Team BMW full-time in 2019 but I think that sadly it's highly unlikely that he'll move to BTCC.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3842141)   #839
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think if AMD can’t get anyone else, they will stick AWE and why not? He’s a decent peddler
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3842148)   #840
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think if AMD can’t get anyone else, they will stick AWE and why not? He’s a decent peddler
Because he wants to win the Mini Challenge?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3842150)   #841
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

As above, it will not be Ant - he was in the car as a one-off
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3842151)   #842
S griffin
Veteran

But if they can’t get Jake Hill, who else can they get?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3842152)   #843
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
But if they can’t get Jake Hill, who else can they get?
well with recent experience lets see..

If not Jake surely it would be Josh Price?

Or we could look at:
Martin Depper
Hunter Abbot
Will Burns

Wasnt there another guy who tested with them at Snetterton?

Maybe even Butcher has convinced Gordon Shedden to have a go?

Maybe one of the TCR guys like Ollie Taylor?

Maybe they will tempt Dave Newsham out of retirement...

Maybe none of the above....
Old 7 Aug 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3842156)   #844
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As mentioned above, Hunter Abbott could fit the bill depending on his GT commitments.

Probably way off but I'll throw in another couple of ex-BTCC drivers: Will Bratt and Richard Hawken are racing in the supports this year, neither fighting for titles but both have the experience (maybe not so much for the latter!) that Shaun would want.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3842170)   #845
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So definate change at AmD but may not be the last (not sure how they'll get round the driver change limit!?), rumours of Caine and Welch out at HARD. Mr Gow might be getting his TBL's back quicker then we thought.

Few names being bounced about, Holland & Broadley at HARD, Newsham with AmD for Knockhill. At least We'll hear from AmD tomorrow
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3842171)   #846
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
What the heck, if I say something it'll be wrong, but it'll narrow the choices down.....

Epps in at AmD: only as everyone seems settled on AWE finishing off business in the Mini. Quotes in context though, he was offered a one off drive so is bound to say it is that and say positive things for next year. Now Jake is apparently out of it that one off drive opens up...

No Hill ' til next year I predict.

Outside guess, will produce a heap of publicity: Lewis's kid brother. Publicity is always worth something...

More outside guessing: Josh Price @ HARD.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3842180)   #847
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

Outside guess, will produce a heap of publicity: Lewis's kid brother. Publicity is always worth something...
Nothing against Nick but he just isnt good enough, im all for people with disability doing well for themselves but hes doing well for himself because hes Lewis Hamiltons brother, I doubt anyone would pay any attention to the disabled guy at the back otherwise.

If we are talking publicity, we might as well say Jade Edwards will be in at Hard to promote equality
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3842181)   #848
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we go into Twiligth Zone again ?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3842182)   #849
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
we go into Twiligth Zone again ?
..Good isnt it
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3842184)   #850
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy Wilmot? Previous experience, however minor, Matrix have already been linked with the MG at the tyre test.

Can’t imagine it would be Thompson, Alden or Hand who step up although Epps is a fairly obvious choice.

Anyone know why Wilmot missed the last round of Clio Cup? Could it have been that he was expecting to be in the MG but couldn’t secure the deal that weekend and had already handed the Clio to Hand?