Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Nov 2020, 16:29 (Ref:4018559)   #126
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden website says no tickets at the moment
Old 24 Nov 2020, 16:47 (Ref:4018562)   #127
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Lydden website says no tickets at the moment
The decision about regional "tier" levels comes on Thursday. If Dover is in Tier 1 or 2 then I'd assume that tickets - if they are coming - will be available then.
Old 24 Nov 2020, 18:16 (Ref:4018567)   #128
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fingers crossed, I'd happily skip the festive activities for a chance to attend a motor racing event of any sort!
Old 24 Nov 2020, 21:16 (Ref:4018593)   #129
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Fingers crossed, I'd happily skip the festive activities for a chance to attend a motor racing event of any sort!
Absolutely!

Just seen on Facebook that Ollie O'Donovan is selling his Fiesta and Focus. Is he buying something else, or quitting rallycross?
Old 25 Nov 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4018687)   #130
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an East Kent resident i would say that i'd be amazed if East Kent is anything other then Tier 3 i am afraid.

Simon
Old 26 Nov 2020, 11:13 (Ref:4018830)   #131
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
As an East Kent resident i would say that i'd be amazed if East Kent is anything other then Tier 3 i am afraid.
I was checking the regional numbers last night and, comparing them to the numbers in Surrey and Sussex, I am inclined to agree with you...

...still, no harm in hoping!
Old 26 Nov 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4018870)   #132
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Lydden event to go ahead behind close doors.
https://lyddenhill.co.uk/events/5-na...nship-round-4/
Sad but only to be expected.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 18:40 (Ref:4019974)   #133
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Full entry list for the weekend coming tomorrow, post on the 5 Nations Facebook page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Nations British Rallycross Championship Official Facebook
The entry lists for round 2 and 3 at the weekend will be out tomorrow. We have news that will hopefully make it worth the wait. Think more Supercars, think John McGuinness, think a certain Chris Hoy turning his hand to a new class, think Euro RX cars and maybe even a few w..….r……x…….
Chris Hoy "to a new class" is probably RX150? John McGuinness gets his Knockhill Supercar drive, "Euro RX" maybe Tohill? Plus "a few" WRX? Oliver Bennett is one, I wonder who else might be there? Liam Doran maybe?
Old 1 Dec 2020, 19:44 (Ref:4019994)   #134
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt Bennet after last time, he was treated very badly
Old 1 Dec 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4020005)   #135
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Think he has already said he is coming back?
Old 1 Dec 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4020018)   #136
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Hal Ridge in an Ollie run Focus Supercar
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:33 (Ref:4020047)   #137
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Bennett wasn't annoyed at BRX organisers for what went on and even on the day was open to returning though not in the Mini. He's good mates with O'Donovan as well.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 14:59 (Ref:4020175)   #138
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
RX Cartel are posting (on Instagram) that Liam and Andreas will be racing at Lydden this weekend in Audi's.

I am not convinced that it isn't a wind up, but be incredible if true.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:59 (Ref:4020186)   #139
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could see Liam doing it, not so sure Andreas would have the funds/time for it
Old 2 Dec 2020, 18:45 (Ref:4020232)   #140
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Guess I was wrong, Andreas confirmed on his Youtube livestream earlier that they will be in Lydden with the Audi on Sunday.
Old 3 Dec 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4020313)   #141
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Yeah, full entry list shows Liam racing on Saturday and Andreas on Sunday:

British Rallycross - R2 & R3 Entry

Enzo Ide will race a second Audi on both days.

13 Supercars on Saturday/14 Supercars on Sunday
5 Super National on Saturday/4 Super National on Sunday
5 Super 1600
10 BMW MINI
6 Swifts
7 Junior Swifts
7 RX150
5 Retro
7 Super Retro
4 Retro 4WD (notably no Group B, think they are just running on Saturday?)

The usual problem with entries spread across a multitude of classes but, in the current climate, 70+ cars seems pretty good. Disappointing numbers in Super National, but at least the cars that are entered should all be competitive. I expect the Volland cars will run rings around all the 2WD cars!
Old 3 Dec 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4020347)   #142
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
4 Retro 4WD (notably no Group B, think they are just running on Saturday?)
Looks that way, given that one of the Flitney's is entered in Retro and Sunday Supercars.

Half decent entry given that it's Christmas and loads of people haven't made much money this year. Rallycross is very much supported by some key families though, lots of surnames cropping up more than once.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 10:22 (Ref:4021297)   #143
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There needs to be a new entry level class like the old stock hatch. The Swifts are dead at just 6 entries. Minis now seem more popular.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 17:04 (Ref:4021400)   #144
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Agreed that the Swifts are looking weak - but I'm not sure this year is the best time to judge these things. The RX150 class is another that would seem to be struggling (and it was last year too).

I saw bits and pieces of the coverage from Lydden - I have to say it looked good under the lights, I wasn't sure how that would work but it seemed to be ok and made for some good photos. Does anyone know if Ollie was penalised for his assault on Godfrey? I'd assume a DSQ at least if not an MSUK ban for that?

Given the hand they were dealt I think that they did well to get any events done this year - the '5 nations' thing was a good idea but with everything that's happened that went down the pan and it ended up being a '1 circuit' championship. Hopefully next year we'll be able to go and watch trackside again.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 21:13 (Ref:4021642)   #145
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So where does the Championship stand now? I was expecting round 3 to be the end, but cannot see any Championship winners have been announced? Liam isn't showing in the points table, but Oliver Bennett is, so guess Liam or Ide were not registered to score points? There was a proposed r4 on the 19th December, till lockdown 2 postponed the November double header to December. Lydden is advertising its last track action of the year as a track day on the 12th December. So is the championship complete or are they hopes for more rounds in 2021? Or will it be a combined 2020/1 Championship?
Old 9 Dec 2020, 10:05 (Ref:4021708)   #146
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Agreed that the Swifts are looking weak - but I'm not sure this year is the best time to judge these things.
Yeah, this is how I viewed the entry at Lydden. I thought the numbers in Super National were pretty poor but, as said, it is a difficult time to judge things and it was pleasing to at least see some cars turn up.

Quote:
Does anyone know if Ollie was penalised for his assault on Godfrey? I'd assume a DSQ at least if not an MSUK ban for that?
A comment I read on Facebook stated that it was actually Godfrey who ended up getting penalty points (I assume for the initial move up the inside?). Seems Ollie was trying to move out of the way?

Quote:
Given the hand they were dealt I think that they did well to get any events done this year - the '5 nations' thing was a good idea but with everything that's happened that went down the pan and it ended up being a '1 circuit' championship.
I feel for the British Championship organisers more than most this year: unlike many they didn't just have "another season" planned, but they were trying to make the whole thing bigger and better. As you say, I am glad they have managed to salvage something from the year and, although the numbers haven't been record breaking, at least they have managed to get some cars on track and some decent racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
So where does the Championship stand now? I was expecting round 3 to be the end, but cannot see any Championship winners have been announced?...

...There was a proposed r4 on the 19th December, till lockdown 2 postponed the November double header to December. Lydden is advertising its last track action of the year as a track day on the 12th December. So is the championship complete or are they hopes for more rounds in 2021? Or will it be a combined 2020/1 Championship?[
As I understand it the latest version of the plan was for rounds 2/3 in December and a fourth round (again at Lydden) in January. That will conclude the 2020 season, then a fresh Championship will start again later in 2021.

I think the date of the 19th December is on the calendar as that was previously earmarked for a another Winter rallycross series, which has obviously been binned off now.

Quote:
Liam isn't showing in the points table, but Oliver Bennett is, so guess Liam or Ide were not registered to score points?
I noticed that Bennett was scoring points, so I assume his car has been remapped to run on the control fuel now? Didn't think he looked as dominant as he did in August, though perhaps it was because he was chasing Liam and Enzo this time!

Very impressed by Ide, he was absolutely nailing the starts and, although Liam did look faster, Enzo kept him in sight. I thought the night racing concept was great, possibly some refinements needed, but it definitely made for a great spectacle.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 11:58 (Ref:4021723)   #147
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought the numbers in Super National were pretty poor but, as said, it is a difficult time to judge things and it was pleasing to at least see some cars turn up.
Supernational has been struggling for a while, which is a shame as it's generally been my favourite class over the years I've been watching rallycross (I'm including supermodified in this). It's always seemed to be a class where drivers can innovate a bit and there have been a good variety of cars over the years.

Quote:
A comment I read on Facebook stated that it was actually Godfrey who ended up getting penalty points (I assume for the initial move up the inside?). Seems Ollie was trying to move out of the way?
I thought Godfrey's move was optimistic but it looked like Ollie deliberately collided with him for the second contact - his car definitely made a sharp turn towards Godfrey. That could have been due to a mechanical failure but it looked intentional from the footage I saw of it.

Quote:
As I understand it the latest version of the plan was for rounds 2/3 in December and a fourth round (again at Lydden) in January. That will conclude the 2020 season, then a fresh Championship will start again later in 2021.

I think the date of the 19th December is on the calendar as that was previously earmarked for a another Winter rallycross series, which has obviously been binned off now.
I'm with you on this I think the 19th was one of the dates for the winter series - presumably the January date is as well. Understandable to knock the winter series on the head in the circumstances, but it's a shame - I really enjoyed that last winter.

Quote:
I thought the night racing concept was great, possibly some refinements needed, but it definitely made for a great spectacle.
Reading some of the reports there are a few tweaks needed for the night race - apparently one of them being the brightness of the brake lights was causing problems! It'll be interesting to see if they do it again and if so how they incorporate it into the championship - would they run a round later in the year than normal? Combine night rallycross and fireworks liek they proposed this year?
Old 9 Dec 2020, 12:58 (Ref:4021729)   #148
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So where does the Championship stand now? I was expecting round 3 to be the end, but cannot see any Championship winners have been announced? Liam isn't showing in the points table, but Oliver Bennett is, so guess Liam or Ide were not registered to score points? There was a proposed r4 on the 19th December, till lockdown 2 postponed the November double header to December. Lydden is advertising its last track action of the year as a track day on the 12th December. So is the championship complete or are they hopes for more rounds in 2021? Or will it be a combined 2020/1 Championship?
The next rounds of the Championship will be at Lydden on January 23rd and 24th, not confirmed yet is this is 1 round or 2 rounds, but this will be the end of the 2020 season, with the 2021 season starting at Lydden at Easter.

No winter series events are planned.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 20:51 (Ref:4021820)   #149
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 19th December was meant to be the season finale if they had run in November. But it was postponed to January as it was too close to last weekend and Christmas. January finale will be 1 round for supercars, 2 rounds for support categories. They haven't said the date as they haven't confirmed it yet (but I don't know why).

Bennett is a championship runner despite him not knowing that going into the weekend. Everyone (even guest entries) had to run BRX fuel otherwise to they would be DSQ. Who's a guest entry and who's not is a bit confusing and I only found out Bennett scored points on Sunday night.

With the Godfrey O'Donovan move. I saw online that Godfrey got 2 penalty points on his license which comes from a reprimand which I think is fair. O'Donovan admitted to turning deliberately away from the corner (check out rd 3 highlights on BRX YouTube) but said he was getting out of the way of the drivers behind. I am not sure if I believe that but as far as I know he wasn't penalised.

With the points standings, it's a little confusing right now and may be tweaked slightly before the final round. Then again it might not. I'm waiting on confirmation for that.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 09:10 (Ref:4023029)   #150
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Few photos from rounds two and three at Lydden...

...as ever, full album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57717336529441

If anyone wants to see more!