Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2839867)   #1
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Planetlemans homepage virus?(do not updat Java) (Closed)

Planetlemans homepage virus? theres something funky going on with the planetlemans homepage. my computer detected some kind of malicious software on the site and blocked me from accesing the page. It had to do with updating the JAVA from a nonlegit looking site.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2839885)   #2
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had the same problem.

Chris
Old 3 Mar 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2839887)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep Google Chrome started flashing up big scary messages when I tried to access the forum. Something about malware. Never been one to really take much notice of them.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2839890)   #4
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could you guys be a bit more specific with the error/warning messages?

Not getting any warning on IE, FireFox, Safari and iPhone browser.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2839925)   #5
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like Google doesn't like Planetlemans for using another advertisement script than theirs ;-)
Old 3 Mar 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2839929)   #6
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Of the 4 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.

Right....
Old 4 Mar 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2839936)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When I try to get on the site via Firefox 3.6 and with McAfee antivirus, I get this message:

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer! (in very big bold type)

I will leave this thread open until the morning.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2839937)   #8
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got this

Quote:
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for planetlemans.com

What is the current listing status for planetlemans.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 12 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2011-03-03, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-03-03.

Malicious software includes 12 scripting exploit(s), 12 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including scpp.co.cc/, planetlemans.org/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including planetlemans.org/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26689 (LIGHTPOINT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, planetlemans.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2839940)   #9
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
It's Google...just checked their scan and it says unsafe.

Then used Norton Safe Web

planetlemans.com
Summary
Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.
•Computer Threats:
•Identity Threats:
•Annoyance factors:
Total threats on this site:
•Community Reviews:
Old 4 Mar 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2839956)   #10
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same too mee here ff user and i have direct link in my bookmarks...
Old 4 Mar 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2839957)   #11
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firefox and Google Chrome suddenly started hating it a lot. It is hard to open the site with the warnings popping up.

Unsurprisingly, IE doesn't complain one bit. They'd sell your mother if they could.

Maybe you added something today to the site, even if it was the advertising scripts. But the alarms are being set off because of something new on the site. It may be 100% harmless in reality but it may be something that was put on a blacklist a while ago for misbehaviour and it's still on 'probation'.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 01:50 (Ref:2839961)   #12
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
One of the things in the report is that it could even be a malicious advertiser using the same server or advertising script....

Have checked for recently editted files, which were not done by ourselves, but so far found none.

IE, Opera and mobile browsers is no issue. The moment they work together with Google it is bingo. Funny to see Google.com has more malware reports but is accessible :-)
Old 4 Mar 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2839969)   #13
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So I wasnt the only to have problems with this site this morning? I thought it was the computer but it seems otherwise now. When i went on the site this morning I got a continuous pop up message asking me to download something, which I certainly didnt. This popup was so invasive that it made going to other pages on the site very difficult as it slowed right down.

Hoping this is temporary, PLM is the first site I visit everytime Im online (shortly followed by ten-tenths of course ).
Old 4 Mar 2011, 06:28 (Ref:2839988)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I just had a warning come up whilst on Ten Tenths saying that it contains content from Planet Le Mans a site 'which is known to distribute malware'
Old 4 Mar 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2839989)   #15
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got these warnings on a site I owned a while back. I couldn't get to grips with what was the problem and I looked through all my code to see if there was something hacked. There wasn't. It turned out that a regular external link I had pointed to a website that had been hacked. Once I removed that link the antivirus software stopped complaining.

So my advice would be to check any outgoing links from the site to see if there's any malware found on them.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2839990)   #16
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Filed a review request at Google.

Located the issue and removed the problem.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2839991)   #17
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Looks like something similar happened here Bezzen.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2840021)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Filed a review request at Google.

Located the issue and removed the problem.
FYI, I'm still having the same problems with your site this morning.

Planetlemans have been alerted to the problem and it's now up to them to fix it.

THREAD CLOSED
Closed Thread