Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3921964)   #196
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
BTCC isn't even close to those in the terms of money generated. Pretty sure there are still pay drivers in both though.
Oh yes; Supercars I believe so and NASCAR I know so. In fact a young man, Justin Haley, was a surprise winner at Daytona last month. In a pay to drive ride. A good chunk of the cash came from a backer (Fraternal Order of Eagles) but the family contributed too.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3921965)   #197
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I think it's more the realisation that he's had a single major sponsor for the last umpteen years and once that goes away, finding a replacement isn't that simple.
Absolutely. And Pirtek involvement with the Jordans goes back to when AJs dad raced. So it was Mike who originally built the relationship and struck a deal.

I hope he finds a way to stay as he is quality. Being second to Colin Turkington is a damn fine achievement.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3921966)   #198
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
It seems the Pirtek backing was that crucial for him. Canít remember though if he had any on his car when he drove for the works Vauxhall team in 09?

Despite being a works team, AJ runs under a separate banner from Colin and Tom, does that say something?
Old 8 Aug 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3921971)   #199
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes he had Pirtek on his car only but they were small stickers

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/...rew-jordan.jpg
Old 8 Aug 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3921972)   #200
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems the Pirtek backing was that crucial for him. Canít remember though if he had any on his car when he drove for the works Vauxhall team in 09?
Jordan had minor Pirtek sponsorship in 2009, following the withdrawal of Eurotech who didn't run their car. Pirtek became title sponsor of Eurotech in 2010.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3921984)   #201
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Yes I do remember the original plan was for Eurotech to run it independently with assistance from 888
Old 9 Aug 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3922048)   #202
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Yes Pirtek have been involved with MJ & AJ for quite a wile, and I am sure both the family and Pirtek have benefited greatly from the association.
In the past some have criticised Jack Goff and others for a 'sticker bomb' approach to BTCC sponsorship, but whereas having loads of smaller sponsors may not make the car look so pretty losing one or two 'names' maybe inconvenient but not a disaster. When you have one main sponsor however, losing them has a far more devastating effect. (I suppose it's the same as being in business & having lots of customers instead of just one major contract).
Old 14 Aug 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3922732)   #203
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
What this story tells us today is that AJ hasn't secured backing for 2020. Although it's hardly surprising, what I'm more surprised about is that Jordan says he's almost certain about him not being in the championship next year. I think it's quite early for such claims.
Reading about Jordan, he now says that he'll only be back in 2020 if he has a realistic title chance.
In what year previously has he said he's not got a chance?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3922741)   #204
RS67
Racer

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Reading about Jordan, he now says that he'll only be back in 2020 if he has a realistic title chance.
In what year previously has he said he's not got a chance?
I guess he means he has a budget that will get him a seat on the grid, but not enough for a seat with a team who have a championship contender car.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3922742)   #205
S griffin
Veteran

So I guess that rules team HARD out of the equation
Old 14 Aug 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3922751)   #206
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Nah, #HARD will be #HOT with their shiny new Jaaaaaags. He'll be in the line up with Matt Kneel, Jason Potato and Honey Monster Jackson.

Sponsored by Vimto.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3922757)   #207
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But hey guys, this could be a real #gamechanger!!
Old 14 Aug 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3922773)   #208
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I guess he means he has a budget that will get him a seat on the grid, but not enough for a seat with a team who have a championship contender car.
Bert Taylor joining in the fun... https://twitter.com/btcracingcom/sta...737925632?s=21
Old 14 Aug 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3922774)   #209
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Carol Vorderman or Davina McCall for the 3rd seat?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3922779)   #210
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Princess Michael of Kent.

Wonder what cars Bert is buying for next year to paint grey? Shiny new season = shiny new cars...