Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4030679)   #201
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was my understanding. Something like 70% immunity on the first dose and then full immunity on the second, but for how long, I don't know.... It would appear that, like those who have the flu vaccine annually, we will then need an annual top-up.....
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4030680)   #202
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes it's not going away.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4030722)   #203
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got the mail to, I think it's wishful thinking it will run with a crowd in June. Sad but true.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4030727)   #204
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Boy you lot are defeatist, this lockdown has turned you all into pessimists, i am still hopeful, after ll there is nothing left but hope.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4030740)   #205
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some news from here. Just now especially in La Sarthe the situation is getting worse ands worse day after day. Incidence rate grows up very quickly: from 96 on friday 15th to 219 on tuesday 20th. Not very optimistic ....................... the mail from the ACO speaks wishfully about the june 24h race, absolutely no similar mail for the 24h motorikes in april. I understand Simon is hopefull I try to be too but the local situation let me ............puzzled?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4030741)   #206
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm confident, that the vaccination will get some speed.....
I think this year the race will be run with spectators, who are obliged to present a document confirming vaccination.
Last night the EU leader started a conversation about a vaccination-passport.
If it's right or not...from a human rights perspective, it is another topic. But it will be inevitable
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4030744)   #207
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Boy you lot are defeatist, this lockdown has turned you all into pessimists, i am still hopeful, after ll there is nothing left but hope.
There's a big difference between being a pessimist and being a realist.
We have face up to the current situation regarding the virus, which killed one of my oldest friends just a couple of weeks ago, he was a little younger than me and otherwise healthy. The virus has meant that I haven't seen any of my children, or grandchildren in nearly a year and never seen my great grandson at all. My volume of work has diminished, but I can afford that for quite a while. However I am still optimistic that this will eventually pass, and I have loads of books and films to entertain me while I keep a very low physical profile.
I'm not pessimistic, but quite frankly my prime concern is not whether or not the Le Mans 24 Hours is held in June or later in the year, with or without spectators, it is the health and safety of those near and dear to me and that of the whole human race
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4030747)   #208
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not defeatist Simon, just realistic. I'm not about to pin my hopes on something that has no realistic chance of happening. I'd rather look forward in hope for a more likely August/September date.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4030749)   #209
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not defeatist Simon, just realistic. I'm not about to pin my hopes on something that has no realistic chance of happening. I'd rather look forward in hope for a more likely August/September date.
It's not going to happen then either. Not this year, not with spectators. Quite probably not next year either.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4030751)   #210
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree with August/september because of 1) the actual situation 2) the french vaccination calendar
And the bikes will race behind closed doors imo
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4030754)   #211
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It's not going to happen then either. Not this year, not with spectators. Quite probably not next year either.
No, I don't agree with that, that really is pessimism.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4030763)   #212
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There isn't even a timeline for vaccinating everyone who would need to be before mass gatherings can resume. Once they have worked out child immunisations then, perhaps, large mass gatherings might be a possibility.

France has an enormous anti-vaccination sentiment and they are currently extremely far behind many other countries in terms of progress.

I've been wrong before though. I didn't think as much sport would run behind closed-doors as it did last year, however hollow an experience a lot of it was.

The idea of 250,000 spectators decending on Le Mans this year is folly however.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4030794)   #213
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Perhaps it is, but in Spring last year we were coming to terms with the reality that there would be no June race, which was followed by a no-spectator race in September.

We're now discussing the probability of no June 2021 race and the Covid situation is worse than it was last spring. The vaccine ought to help eventiually, but so far its efficacy - short and long-term is an unknown. Le Mans 2022 is by no means a certainty.

It's a sad situation, but as Kpy states, for some of us, surviving the current situation is as far ahead as we dare look.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4030820)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, maybe I'm trying to find some 'happy' medium between Simon's extreme optimism and my own tempered version. The bottom line, of course, is to stem the tide of illness and death and to make sure we all keep safe and as well as we can. Assuming that we do get back at some point, it's going to feel pretty strange - to me, anyway.

PS I never thought for a moment that 250,000 spectators at Le Mans any time this year was even a remote possibility.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 23 Jan 2021 at 16:27.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4030829)   #215
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
There are no such reports here in Denmark. The statement here is still that it provides full immunity for a period of time. I would therefore like to politely question your source for this statement?
The UK's NHS Website.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4030833)   #216
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i like being called an "extreme optimist" but i prefer "ever hopeful"
Old 23 Jan 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4030843)   #217
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
The UK's NHS Website.
To be clear the NHS website says;

The 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should give you good protection from coronavirus. But you need to have the 2 doses of the vaccine to give you longer lasting protection.

There is a chance you might still get or spread coronavirus even if you have the vaccine.

This means it is important to:

continue to follow social distancing guidance
if you can, wear something that covers your nose and mouth in places where it's hard to stay away from other people
Old 24 Jan 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4030943)   #218
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
There isn't even a timeline for vaccinating everyone who would need to be before mass gatherings can resume. Once they have worked out child immunisations then, perhaps, large mass gatherings might be a possibility.
I don't think kids under 16 (or maybe 18?) are going to get vaccination in the UK.

The 'vaccination to do anything' concept kind of makes sense now while the death rates are so bad. But once the curve flattens again in Spring and the most vulnerable percentage have had their jabs - from an economic perspective there HAS to be an acceptance that things need to return to a 'new normal'. And that's before you consider the human rights aspect of mandatory injections.

Past a certain point I assume people will be asked to decide their personal level of risk and act accordingly.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say we get something like last year (late August/September) but with limited fans again, and it will be subject to national group gathering laws.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4031352)   #219
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have heard that tickets for the french GP have gone on sale, ok not le mans but a good sign for le mans i think
Old 27 Jan 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4031432)   #220
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have heard that tickets for the french GP have gone on sale, ok not le mans but a good sign for le mans i think
unfortunately not true
https://tickets.formula1.com/en/f1-19231-france
Old 27 Jan 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4031487)   #221
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Depends where you look
https://motorsporttickets.com/en-gb/f1/france/tickets

Personally I think it's unlikely to happen and for the avoidance of doubt I will not be investing in French GP tickets this year, but someone's clearly optimistic.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4031632)   #222
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This has just popped up on my Twitter feed, the Motorcycle 24 Hours is going be behind closed doors

https://www.fimewc.com/2021-24-hours...-closed-doors/
Old 28 Jan 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4031633)   #223
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4031634)   #224
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Save your money .
Why go to Ricard
Spa tickets available this week
Old 28 Jan 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4031651)   #225
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I already have my Le Mans booking from last year. Doesn't make things any better though. Also my Spa entry is in.