Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2926518)   #451
Snotty
Rookie

United Kingdom
Billericay Essex
Snotty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all my team at Abbey Pit Straight Outside (took us all weekend to say that properly) Lovely job on "Sauber Red" on Friday and managed to clear all stalled cars off the grid within one lap. Great team effort but the slopes on the pit gate entrances are going to be a pain in the future. How the field missed the GP2 staller on Sunday I will never know. Only regret was getting the radio wet after the downpour on the GP2 grid on Sat and being the culprit of a "open line" for 5 mins. Best laugh. Hearing on the radio that one of the marshalls buses had got stuck in a gravel trap on Sunday afternoon. Love to know where and was it pushed out or snatched!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2926731)   #452
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUkGpdpNi4I

And lo, the great gods of YouTube delivered!! (thanks to Brands on this forum)
And lo, as just reward, he gets his solo photo in the Holy Bible of motorsport journalism, Autosport, in the Grand Prix section. One minute of glory leads to a lifetime of fame!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2926769)   #453
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
Thanks to all my team at Abbey Pit Straight Outside (took us all weekend to say that properly) Lovely job on "Sauber Red" on Friday and managed to clear all stalled cars off the grid within one lap. Great team effort but the slopes on the pit gate entrances are going to be a pain in the future. How the field missed the GP2 staller on Sunday I will never know. Only regret was getting the radio wet after the downpour on the GP2 grid on Sat and being the culprit of a "open line" for 5 mins. Best laugh. Hearing on the radio that one of the marshalls buses had got stuck in a gravel trap on Sunday afternoon. Love to know where and was it pushed out or snatched!
Was a pleasure working with such a good team. Considering that was only the 2nd time that post has been used, everything seemed to go smoothly. Agreed about the GP2 staller on Sunday-I couldn't believe how quick the back of the pack was moving by the time they reached him.

Had to laugh at the bus incident! I luckily got on the bus before that one & saw it get stuck as we drove off!!!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2926775)   #454
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
And lo, as just reward, he gets his solo photo in the Holy Bible of motorsport journalism, Autosport, in the Grand Prix section. One minute of glory leads to a lifetime of fame!
Really? Ooh....rushing out to Newagents first thing in the morning!!
Old 15 Jul 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2926999)   #455
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
Had a great time - haven't heard about the bus - but it sounds a hoot!

Great team at the post, and well done to a certain person who spent the whole weekend being the butt of hairdresser jokes - hats off mate to suffer so much but go with the flow! Great atmosphere indeed.

Had a great time with our little sub team of three - so thank you chap and chappess for that.

We were lucky to be close to the pits, except I couldn't look at the grid girls without being caught by Mrs Terrible Tones as she was Startline.

Even had Mr Kobayashi visit us for a tea on Friday afternoon. As always I learnt a lot from dealing with that crash. Some things I did were OK, some things I did personally I might change a little - it is good to be self critical. Race Control seemed happy though.

The grid stallers were dealt with brilliantly by the boys.

The pit lane gates indeed do need sorting - it is extrememly difficult to get cars through them. IMHO - not designed at all well. Aeshetics over function perhaps?
Old 15 Jul 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2927083)   #456
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
The pit lane gates indeed do need sorting - it is extrememly difficult to get cars through them. IMHO - not designed at all well. Aeshetics over function perhaps?
Be interesting to see how they'd cope with something like a Ford Galaxy (or some other American tank) next weekend.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2927109)   #457
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
We missed you though! It was odd not being all together...

Although I didn't have to see Daryl looking cheerful on Sunday morning having seen him in his pants on Saturday night so there was some good to come out of it
We were there in spirit .Darryl said he enjoyed the experience on the Saturday night!