Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 27 Mar 2001, 18:07 (Ref:74790)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Question, I just recently received my first private message. Got the message correctly and was able to read it, but I then noticed that it says that I have 0 unread (makes sense) and 3 total.

Are there really 2 other messages somewhere, or message gremlins being mischevious? There is nothing in the section other the one I just read.

Any ideas?
Old 27 Mar 2001, 18:36 (Ref:74799)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
djb, have you by any chance sent two?

That one puzzled me for a little bit before I counted the outgoing ones as well as the ones in my inbox.

Just a thought.
Old 27 Mar 2001, 20:25 (Ref:74816)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tim is correct - the *total* number of messages stored (ie including messages sent by a user) is shown. The reason for this is that there is a limit on the number of messages each user may store.
Old 27 Mar 2001, 21:11 (Ref:74824)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's actually useful to know, Craig.

What is the maximum, may I ask? I realised before the big pruning a few weeks ago that I had 130 to archive or edit as I saw fit!
Old 27 Mar 2001, 22:03 (Ref:74839)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course, of course...thanks Mr.Holmes and Dr.Watson (I'll shall now leave you to the arm wrestle of who is who...)
Old 10 Apr 2001, 18:58 (Ref:79297)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Oi, Craig!

I wish I'd got a response about what the maximum number of stored messages was. In the old forum, I found myself archiving 130+ when the message board was to be updated.

Last night, I missed two important PM's when the folder announced it was full at 70.

My apologies Diabando and Slowcoach, I have done some pruning since.

So, is this correct - the max number of messages any one user can store is 70?
Old 10 Apr 2001, 19:01 (Ref:79298)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Also, is there any way of tweaking the software so that any PM which can't get through can be stored in the sender's outbox until the recipient's inbox is available again?

Diabando tells me that her message was a long response to several important things, and that it is now lost to the ether.

I'd hate for that to happen again.

Any chance?
Old 11 Apr 2001, 11:38 (Ref:79438)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um, why would anyone want to keep more than 70 messages in their pm list? Isn't that a bit over the top?
Old 11 Apr 2001, 17:18 (Ref:79544)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well, this is true, Lorna - it does need pruning.

But the point was that I had no warning I was getting near the edge, so I didn't prioritise it. With the result I lost a couple of important communications.

Incidentally, 70 isn't that many, when you get days like last Friday, when three individual members between them sent me 12 messages in a 2 hour period!

Ah, what it is to be liked!

Last edited by TimD; 11 Apr 2001 at 17:20.
Old 11 Apr 2001, 20:48 (Ref:79602)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry about that, Tim, i'll pass the suggestion you put forward to the software developers and see what they come up with.