Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2006, 02:04 (Ref:1765464)   #1
6th Gear
Racer

Australia
Townsville, QLD
6th Gear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty Pictures of Fantasy Liveries

This thread is to keep Chatters and Antrodemus quiet so feel free to post here, NO BULLYING HERE!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!
Old 14 Nov 2006, 04:37 (Ref:1765494)   #2
matt_015
Racer

Australia
Brisbane,Australia
matt_015 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my car for 2007 , thanks to nickyf1

Old 14 Nov 2006, 05:28 (Ref:1765508)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honestly, why do we need a 2007 Thread? The only people that are going to post here are the ones who will have about 100 different liveries next year. What is the point?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 Nov 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1765511)   #4
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Honestly, why do we need a 2007 Thread? The only people that are going to post here are the ones who will have about 100 different liveries next year. What is the point?
My guess the point would be so that those of us who are sick of seeing them (along with 2007 news) pop up in the normal 2006 thread dont have so sift thru all of these presently irrelevant to the 06 thread images. Good idea I say, keeps an area for them until the real 07 thread appears, so people who want to do liveries can, and those who dont want to see them dont have to look.

Allthough i cant see why they cant go in the 'your liveries' thread thats already running untill the real 2007 thread is started, then you can pull your chosen livery across for 07.

Last edited by M-Kart; 14 Nov 2006 at 05:34.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 05:40 (Ref:1765513)   #5
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look, I don't have a problem with those people who are just going to make one livery then stop, but the only people that are going to post here are the younger guys who have nothing better to do but annoy people with a thousand different liveries, and they will probably make more 2007 liveries this year and next year. It makes no difference on your team, so why do you need so many of them?

Last edited by Chatters; 14 Nov 2006 at 05:43.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 Nov 2006, 07:15 (Ref:1765544)   #6
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a fair enough thread, guys are wanting to get creative and show what they can do, and this is a forum where you can expressive your creativity, why does it matter if it says "Mockups/Remakes" or "2007 Cars" in the thread title.

Its just a bit of fun, people have different views of the Fantasy Champs, some people like to change liveires and things while others just bung a team in and hope for the best.

I dont have a problem seeing all these new liveries, its good seeing people develop their talent.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1765549)   #7
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Biggy G, this is a forum and a place where peole can show their creative side to the other posters of this forum.

On the 2007 livery/team thing I am not revealing mine untill after the current season has ended. Let me say im not going to have the same people so theres something to think about...
Old 14 Nov 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1765556)   #8
matt_015
Racer

Australia
Brisbane,Australia
I could not wait till 2007 to post my car.

But back on topic guys.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1765587)   #9
6th Gear
Racer

Australia
Townsville, QLD
the idea of the thread is that if you don't want to read this rubbish you dont have to!
Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1765830)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fair enough thread at least if you feel you have 2007 stuff already it's not cloging the 2006 fantasy thread.

1 question to Chatter's
Quote:
Look, I don't have a problem with those people who are just going to make one livery then stop, but the only people that are going to post here are the younger guys who have nothing better to do but annoy people with a thousand different liveries, and they will probably make more 2007 liveries this year and next year. It makes no difference on your team, so why do you need so many of them?
yes a different livery each week is annoying,but more than 1 should be aloud,but the only drama i have with your post is that your saying "the younger people" you and me both are young i'm 16 (and from memory you are to now we fall into the "younger people" category and we can post a bit of youthful exuberence stuff sometimes and thats all this is,i know it can become a bit frustrating when there is a new one each week (maybe thats a bit over the top) but atleast they are having fun and thats what it's all about but i do agree that 2007 stuff now when it's probably going to get tweked and changed abit before 2007 is a bit over the top.

maybe we should wait till the off season to do our liveries,hey it keeps uus busy while the V8's are not on (thats what i do anyway).

nice livery though Matt_015.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1765839)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Well, I don't say all younger people do I?

I think we can wait until Antrodemus actually opens the 2007 thread, and that's if he does. He may or may not want to keep going with the amount of crap that's been posted in the 2006 main thread...
Old 14 Nov 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1765917)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chatters, my advice to you would be to spend the next 7 weeks (ie until 2007) NOT READING THIS THREAD!!!!! The whole point of this stuff being in a separate, CLEARLY LABELLED thread, is so that those (like yourself) who don't care about what people may or may not be planning on doing in the 2007 Fantasy Championship, don't have to read it!

I will do the same, and don't expect to look at this thread again, because I'm not interested. But I fully support the right of those who are, to paint/post/discuss this stuff to their hearts content!
Old 14 Nov 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1766005)   #13
Malik
Racer

Malik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just like how 6th Gear states "if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all" like everyone is going to listen to that over the internet and actually do it....
Old 14 Nov 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1766163)   #14
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:

I think we can wait until Antrodemus actually opens the 2007 thread, and that's if he does. He may or may not want to keep going with the amount of crap that's been posted in the 2006 main thread...
I know these things can take a lot of time, so why not have a temporary thread till the real season starts? I know ive started working on my teams liveries for next year, when youve gotta do them to a template and then render them it can take a lot of time.

and if people start working on them now and changing them till the start of next year then by the start of the season they should have something they like, therefore shouldnt need to change every round.

P.S.- We are giving everyone crap for changing liveries all the time, but FPR and Tasman are known to do this quite often? Something to think about
Old 14 Nov 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1766185)   #15
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G
I know these things can take a lot of time, so why not have a temporary thread till the real season starts? I know ive started working on my teams liveries for next year, when youve gotta do them to a template and then render them it can take a lot of time.

and if people start working on them now and changing them till the start of next year then by the start of the season they should have something they like, therefore shouldnt need to change every round.
The livery I did for my team this year took me 3 months to get right, so its a good thing I started it last November. However I like the end result so much I'll probably reuse it next year. This stuff obviously has no place in the '06 thread, so here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Chatters, my advice to you would be to spend the next 7 weeks (ie until 2007) NOT READING THIS THREAD!!!!! The whole point of this stuff being in a separate, CLEARLY LABELLED thread, is so that those (like yourself) who don't care about what people may or may not be planning on doing in the 2007 Fantasy Championship, don't have to read it!

I will do the same, and don't expect to look at this thread again, because I'm not interested. But I fully support the right of those who are, to paint/post/discuss this stuff to their hearts content!
Exactly. I won't be following this thread either because, like Rombles, I'm not really interested in it. This thread was set up so people have a choice of whether they want to look at them or not. You could argue that all the My Tracks stuff is similarly irrelevant and unnecessary to the forum as a whole, but it's tucked away in its place and doesn't bother those who don't care about track design. So rather than whinging about the enthusiasm of others towards livery design (who should get better with some constructive criticism), if you don't want to look - then don't!
Old 14 Nov 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1766186)   #16
matt_015
Racer

Australia
Brisbane,Australia
Can we just get back on topic guys. And lets start seeing this new Liveries for 2007
Old 14 Nov 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1766220)   #17
6th Gear
Racer

Australia
Townsville, QLD
either can I....Here is my possible CAT Racing livery

Tell us if you like it if you troll here!
Old 14 Nov 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1766286)   #18
Biggy G
Veteran

that looks great man, im not to sure CAT would like their colours of their logos being changed around tho.

Other than that I really like it, might even see what it looks like in a 3D render.

As Antro said, a lot of these take time, he started his in november last year, and iv just started putting some ideas together for mine too. It takes time to get the results you want.

6th gear seems to be getting some good results now too.

Last edited by Biggy G; 14 Nov 2006 at 22:53.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 03:20 (Ref:1766381)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice design but what Biggy said not to sure CAT would apreciate their logo being changed.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1766991)   #20
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, maybe they just have the spare time. This is acctually a great idea for a thread. People like you, who are tired of seeing 2007 liveries can avoid them. People who are constantly creating new ones can enjoy it. If you don't like it then don't look at it.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1767261)   #21
Biggy G
Veteran

heres something I was toying with a while ago for a 2007 car, but ended up not liking it that much.

Old 16 Nov 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1767277)   #22
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
MOD HAT ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gear
the idea of the thread is that if you don't want to read this rubbish you dont have to!
Yeah but I have too

I dont care or am that interested in liveries (probably because I suck at them persoanlly) but I certainly dont want to log onto to Ten tenths and spend my time just cleaning up rubbish.

Guys just get along or sod off will ya's , we can always close this whole fantasy stuff down completely (its not that hard all I have to do is push this button here......................... oh ok maybe not yet )

I realize you guys are young (for that I blame your parents ) but honestly some of the older members are just as bad so Im not blaming your youth , I just want everyone to behave and get along and if you dont want to read something then dont , if you dont want your ramblings to be criticised then dont post a reply.

so lets try and play nice shall we

MOD HAT OFF
Old 16 Nov 2006, 02:33 (Ref:1767304)   #23
6th Gear
Racer

Australia
Townsville, QLD
I might make myself an intel car
Old 16 Nov 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1767393)   #24
Helix
Racer

Australia
Victoria
Helix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know im only a 1 livery a year painter, but ive already completed my 07 designs and had them started in mid August so for people to be thinking of next seasons liveries is fine i think.

Now is the time for them to experiment untill they find a sponsor or livery style that they really like so they can refine there designs for next year.

Feedback back from other "painters" or posters is the only way they can gauge there progress or skill abilities.

You don't get to be as good as 433 or biggy G or Antro or chatters or myself or a tone of others overnight, it takes time and practise.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1767435)   #25
Biggy G
Veteran

umm whats up with the name of the thread now? Why not just merge it with the "Your Liveries" thread if it aint gonna consist of anything to do with 07?