Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Sep 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1707759)   #1
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Brands Hatch - Sept 10th 06

Hi everyone,

What an awesome meeting and awesome weather....

A superb drive by Frank Lyons in the Derek Bell Trophy...

As usual John Smith ran a well clerked meeting and despite some red flags, finished within the timetable.

It was also well attended by the public, no doubt helped by the Californian sun.

Paula Hamilton

PS. Brands Hatch's circuit is getting better all the time and their breakfast @ £5 inc Tea was far better than Silverstone's that I DID NOT ENJOY at Trax last weekend.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1707799)   #2
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi again

I will post up some fotos later on the Photography forum once I have downsized them.

Have a nice day !!!........

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge
Hi everyone,

What an awesome meeting and awesome weather....

A superb drive by Frank Lyons in the Derek Bell Trophy...

As usual John Smith ran a well clerked meeting and despite some red flags, finished within the timetable.

It was also well attended by the public, no doubt helped by the Californian sun.

Paula Hamilton

PS. Brands Hatch's circuit is getting better all the time and their breakfast @ £5 inc Tea was far better than Silverstone's that I DID NOT ENJOY at Trax last weekend.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1707848)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to photos, thanks
Old 11 Sep 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1707937)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paula, great that you have started this thread, and I would say this wouldn't I, but why not post the photos here? This is afterall the forum where we discuss the meetings, the cars and the drivers!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1707973)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Some photos here mostly race 7. All unedited so excuse the quality, I stuck them up mainly for one of the drivers.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1707989)   #6
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi John

Did not know that you could post fotos on this forum....

I will try later.............

Hugs

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Paula, great that you have started this thread, and I would say this wouldn't I, but why not post the photos here? This is afterall the forum where we discuss the meetings, the cars and the drivers!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1707995)   #7
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi again John

Just checked.

I can only post the fotos on the Motorsport Photography Forum..

So when I post them there, I will tell people on here to look there.

Paula

Quote:
Did not know that you could post fotos on this forum....

I will try later.............

Hugs

Paula
Old 11 Sep 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1708004)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paula, thanks for trying. Not sure why you can't post them here, though.

Falce, they look fine to me - shame that Mike Eagles in the Milano got into the gravel.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1708010)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Paula, you could put a link to them on here, as I did.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1708145)   #10
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi Falce

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Paula, you could put a link to them on here, as I did.
I don't have a website these days, so I will just enter the Motorsport forum link details.

Take care

Paula

Last edited by John Turner; 11 Sep 2006 at 20:24.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1708263)   #11
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great meeting.
First class saloon race.
Anglias rule!!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1708317)   #12
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglia etc AND (don't forget) Formula Fords!
Old 12 Sep 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1708576)   #13
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite dikko quite,

the HFF race was the best of the day, neil and Nelson upto their usual stuff, and the unfortunate you , who got baulked and lost 2 hard earned places.

Keep it up, I'm a lifelong fan

J
Old 12 Sep 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1709087)   #14
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Here is the link to my first 6 fotos taken on Sunday.

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...9&d=1158085390

Please bear with me as it will take quite a while to upload the many that I took as I am very busy at present and it takes ages to downsize them all.

Take care

Paula

Quote:
I will post up some fotos later on the Photography forum once I have downsized them.

Have a nice day !!!........

Paula
Old 12 Sep 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1709103)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:

You have the wrong link, try this
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88414
Old 12 Sep 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1709104)   #16
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
My apologies

Wrong link.......

Here is the correct one:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...080post1709080

Paula Hamilton

Quote:

Please bear with me as it will take quite a while to upload the many that I took as I am very busy at present and it takes ages to downsize them all.

Take care

Paula
Old 12 Sep 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1709114)   #17
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi Falce

You just beat me to it..........

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
You have the wrong link, try this
Old 14 Sep 2006, 01:17 (Ref:1709875)   #18
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi again folks

I have posted six more fotos tonight.

Same link as below..........

Nite

Paula

Quote:
Wrong link.......

Here is the correct one:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...080post1709080

Paula Hamilton
Old 14 Sep 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1710035)   #19
essexminicity
Rookie

essexminicity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I've been into Minis for as long as I can remember and thought I'd watch some historic touring car racing where they can compete against other cars of their golden era.

My first outing was to the BARC meeting at Brands Hatch in May, and more recently I was at the HSCC meeting at Brands Hatch last Sunday. On both occasions I had a really great time and for my first introduction to circuit racing (I've been with my dad to CSMA rallies as a kid) I was very impressed. Now I'm well and truly hooked and can't wait to go again. £10 for a ticket was really good value and I was pleasantly surprised that you are allowed to wander 'round the paddock and get close to the cars as well.

I took some photos on my digital camera and I've put them on my website www.number15.me.uk

For variety I've been reading about the LeMans Classic, but is there a similar endurance race in the UK?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1710222)   #20
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the Brands meeting was great!

The HSCC run some very good meetings and are a good club.
I like the single seaters best! The Formula Fords were a great race with an exciting battle for the lead throuout. Also the Derek Bell was good with Steve Maxted and the other bloke (Green March 742) having a good race until they touched. No damage until the march rolled backwards (intentionally some people say) into Steves Car. Such a pity but it looked like it would end in tears ever since their Olton Park incident. I do not know how good a drive it was from Frank Lyons as the 5000s have so much power it is just drive past down the straights and stay there. Thoes 5000s look so wide when you are behind one, they seem to take up all the track themselves.
No ones mentioned the Classic F3 race. I hope people thought it was also great, it was from where I was sitting! Has anybody got any photos of it?

Regards
Richard
Old 14 Sep 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1710325)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T
Also the Derek Bell was good with Steve Maxted and the other bloke (Green March 742) having a good race until they touched.
Richard
Richard that 'other bloke' is Mark Dwyer, a regular in DBT races. The Autosport report suggests that Maxted's 'lunge' up the inside of Dwyer into a Graham Hill Bend was 'optimistic'!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1710371)   #22
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Maxted and Mark Dwyer

John
Just because somebody races 'regulary' it does not mean they are any good! But I have raced against Steve Maxted for the last three years each time coming second in the championship to him and I can say that Steve is a very good driver as well as being one of the fairest drivers I have raced against, never having a single incident to be unhappy about.
Watching the incident from the grandstand opposit, in my opinion Steves moove was correct and 'that other bloke' should have given themselves room to both do the courner side by side. Also looking at the charaturistics of each car Steve hade to make his moove then as he was being blocked at the other courners and it was going to have to be a close moove anyway.
Also, overhearing Mark Dwyer's remarks to his pit crew after the Olton race, about how he was going to tackle Steve on the track in the future, I am not surprised he did not give Steve room and such an incident happened.
The main problem was that both cars were initally undamaged until (as some people have said) Mark Dwyer intentionally rolled backwards into Steves car and then causing the damage.
Sorry for the spelling but I have not mastered the spell check yet.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1710383)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T
John
Just because somebody races 'regulary' it does not mean they are any good! .
True, but was that the point I was making?
Old 15 Sep 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1710616)   #24
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi again,

I have posted six more fotos this evening/morning !!

Enjoy

See:

Nite

Paula
Old 16 Sep 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1711519)   #25
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good Morning everyone !!!

Six more photos been posted by me just now.

Lots more to follow of the racing itself.....

Same link as below.

Paula

Quote:
Hi again,

I have posted six more fotos this evening/morning !!

Enjoy

See:

Nite

Paula