Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Apr 2010, 06:22 (Ref:2675549)   #151
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you guys just love to whinge don't you? if you dont like it, why not focus your criticism and DO something about it, rather than sit posting on an internet forum ranting and raving.... but hey if it gets you through the day i can't stop you.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2675556)   #152
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
you guys just love to whinge don't you? if you dont like it, why not focus your criticism and DO something about it, rather than sit posting on an internet forum ranting and raving.... but hey if it gets you through the day i can't stop you.
Legitimate criticisms aren't whinging, they come about when people think they see a better way of operating and voice their opinion......not all agree.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2675571)   #153
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did Vangisbergen say to his engineer during his qualifying on Sunday?

Both Crompton and Skaife remarked he should be parked for whatever he said.

At the moment Ford would be hard pressed to win a Formula Ford Race.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2675615)   #154
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parity Ballast........ugh!

I am not a Jamie or 888 fan by any stretch of the imagination, but 7 or 8 years ago I remember a similar thread on putting ballast on HRT when Skaife was on his purple patch. I was against it then, and alot of the older heads around here were too.

It'd be like putting ballast on an F! car - If the best team is doing their best and coming out with their best results, that is what motorsport is about.

I bloody hate that Jamie is winning it all, but if he is in the right package, then good on him! It's up to the others to catch him.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2675645)   #155
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Parity Ballast........ugh!

I am not a Jamie or 888 fan by any stretch of the imagination, but 7 or 8 years ago I remember a similar thread on putting ballast on HRT when Skaife was on his purple patch. I was against it then, and alot of the older heads around here were too.

It'd be like putting ballast on an F! car - If the best team is doing their best and coming out with their best results, that is what motorsport is about.

I bloody hate that Jamie is winning it all, but if he is in the right package, then good on him! It's up to the others to catch him.
Ideological bunkum if you ask me......90% of the field are wasting their time turning up to race and those teams will always be in that position.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2675686)   #156
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Clearly small minded people like you don't need much entertainment, you simply continue to laugh at your own jokes.......but from the comments that have been made in this thread, interest is starting to wane in the series.
Heres how i see it (from a non brand loyal perspective)

It seems only people who follow the blue side have now lost interested, because the dominating team has a holden badge on their grill, instead of a ford badge (unlike the past 3 seasons.)

I like alot of entertainment, however V8s isn't the only thing i watch (although its usually the only thing i watch live on TV, anything else is downloaded so i dont have to put up with ad's)

Last edited by STEALTHY; 19 Apr 2010 at 10:25.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2675694)   #157
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Ideological bunkum if you ask me......90% of the field are wasting their time turning up to race and those teams will always be in that position.
90% of the other teams need to pull their finger out! Or maybe they should stay home
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2675715)   #158
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
What did Vangisbergen say to his engineer during his qualifying on Sunday?

Both Crompton and Skaife remarked he should be parked for whatever he said.

At the moment Ford would be hard pressed to win a Formula Ford Race.
The team asked "What do you want to do with the car?" (Set up, changes, tyres perhaps)

His reply? "Don't bother. We should just put the f**king thing on the plane and go home"

Seems as if a new 3 year deal has given him a sense of ego perhaps?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2675724)   #159
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
The team asked "What do you want to do with the car?" (Set up, changes, tyres perhaps)

His reply? "Don't bother. We should just put the f**king thing on the plane and go home"

He wasnt exactly wrong....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2675728)   #160
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post

Nothing wrong with a true comment on the car, Marcos said worse about the Au , but didn't have"Edy Experts" listening in. as for larko, "he needs a kick in the arse" yer like wow larko, do a few years in F1, if your team cant set the car, then tell them. Oops. sorry V8 Sooky Cars past and has been commentators.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2675759)   #161
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
90% of the other teams need to pull their finger out! Or maybe they should stay home

I don't always agree with you Stealthy, but on this one you have got it spot on. It doesn't appear to matter what badge is on the front, Hog or Holden, T8 can make it quick.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2675766)   #162
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Very wise words Bevan, DO something ? Such as ? We are voicing our opinions about a series that is going down the gurgler, what would you suggest, forming a picket line with banners and slogans "What do we want, RACING, when do we want it NOW"
Apart from voicing opinions on a widely read forum, the fans of real racing are pretty powerless against the commercial powers that unfortunately run V8 "entertainment displays" these days.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2675770)   #163
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR I am not sure how to quote but I can guarantee this sort of mistake is a different mistake made a different way to that of 888 a few years ago.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2676184)   #164
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sucess ballast has no place in professional motorsport...racing is about the best driver/team winning... ballast only leads to sandbagging & false race results...so what if one driver is winning at present..this has happened in all categories in the past and will again in the future...I can remember HRT blowing everyone away not too many years back, now they are struggling against 888, it will be good watching them try to catch up (Tander was trying hard to do so one te weekend)..
Old 19 Apr 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2676216)   #165
Negotiator
Rookie

Negotiator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone notice how boring the V8 Taxis were as I was asleep on the couch for the races after seeing qualifying results
Old 20 Apr 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2676260)   #166
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Pull their finger out you say?.......they're not allowed to "pull their finger out"......last time I looked unauthorised testing was illegal.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 01:47 (Ref:2676283)   #167
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
[QUOTE=ForumNick;2674642]The results of Mark Winterbottom, Steve Richards and Steve Johnson have been excluded from race eight of the 2010 V8 Supercar Championship.

3 cars, over 2 teams. An accident, no way. They rolled the dice, thought they could get away with it. And didn't.

DJR = Discs Just Reversed
Old 20 Apr 2010, 02:39 (Ref:2676292)   #168
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPR = Flipped Position Rotors
Old 20 Apr 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2676295)   #169
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
FPR = Flipped Position Rotors

Love ya work! I couldn't think of any thing for them.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 03:49 (Ref:2676300)   #170
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Very wise words Bevan, DO something ? Such as ? We are voicing our opinions about a series that is going down the gurgler, what would you suggest, forming a picket line with banners and slogans "What do we want, RACING, when do we want it NOW"
Apart from voicing opinions on a widely read forum, the fans of real racing are pretty powerless against the commercial powers that unfortunately run V8 "entertainment displays" these days.
Pfffft picket line wont do anything... if you want to be heard, you need to do it the right way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq0dLx5Qwbs
Old 20 Apr 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2676338)   #171
wechy
Rookie

New Zealand
WAIUKU
wechy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`ve been to every v8 round in NZ to date, Don`t think I`ll be going to any more after spending a small fortune at hamilton on friday. Would have to be the worst round i`ve ever been to!!!
Old 20 Apr 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2676361)   #172
samoaair707
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
samoaair707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR=Dont Jostle Rotors
Old 20 Apr 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2676398)   #173
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Pull their finger out you say?.......they're not allowed to "pull their finger out"......last time I looked unauthorised testing was illegal.
I never said to test illegally. Pull their finger out to get to the level T8 are at. T8 aren't doing anything illegal, so clearly every car on the grid CAN get to that level. either get to that level, or dont bother showing up.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2676421)   #174
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 days of action at Hamilton managed to produce 3min 19secs of "Action Highlights" on V8 supercars tv! Most of that was 1 car stuff as well.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2676435)   #175
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I never said to test illegally. Pull their finger out to get to the level T8 are at. T8 aren't doing anything illegal, so clearly every car on the grid CAN get to that level. either get to that level, or dont bother showing up.
In the meantime, while they're extracting their finger, the spectators will spend 10 years or so falling asleep in front of the tele.