Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:37 (Ref:3963281)   #751
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Elbow bump??? Tu es fou de prendre autant de risques, arrête moi ça tout de suite! Never with a French at least, cose we're told to caugh in our elbow! Je pense que vous avez été infectés par des théories venues de bonnes soeurs bolchéviques!
Those are not enough decadent greetings, lets learn Harlem style or better bring the twist back! Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLoPDNGOD9Y
And if you really want a clean show, what about a… soap opéra?
You know the Nord de France, Gerard - we just keep calm & carry on as normal!

...or as we would say in Norfolk, "du diffrunt".
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:42 (Ref:3963284)   #752
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Might a Rickenbacker awaiting a truss rod repair be of interest?
(does have some history, ex-Gary Glitter band!!).
THey're notorious for that! mine had a wander but my 'Axe guru' sorted it.

I'm a bass man, the one on my hit list is the rare/expensive one ( obviously) a 4005.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3963286)   #753
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I went into one of the larger supermarkets the other day (orange logo) . . .empty shelves . . . . Did some shopping in one of the nicer ones ( green) and shelves are full . . . . THere's apparently a direct correlation with the size of the newspapers they read and/or whether they have more pictures than words in them

We could grow what in the garden instead of grass . . . .THe Allotment is currently so wet, rice is a more viable option!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3963287)   #754
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I went into one of the larger supermarkets the other day (orange logo) . . .empty shelves . . . . Did some shopping in one of the nicer ones ( green) and shelves are full . . . . THere's apparently a direct correlation with the size of the newspapers they read and/or whether they have more pictures than words in them

We could grow what in the garden instead of grass . . . .THe Allotment is currently so wet, rice is a more viable option!
A very tactfully worded social comment there zef!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:37 (Ref:3963305)   #755
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
What I want to ask Gerard is how come his side of the channel now can’t travel to the US while we still can.......

Saw a bit on the news about a white van stopped for being well over weight. It was completely full of toilet rolls.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 12 Mar 2020 at 08:39. Reason: Add
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3963306)   #756
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
A very tactfully worded social comment there zef!
Most unlike me
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3963307)   #757
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What I want to ask Gerard is how come his side of the channel now can’t travel to the US while we still can.......
TBH I think The tango tanned twit has done them all a favour. It'll just mean people using our airports as a hub.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3963309)   #758
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes my thoughts exactly. That'll please BA.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3963316)   #759
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Joe, if we are to use what's in the garden, its either we happily keep on smoking or we have to roll fags with salad leaves! I guess smoking toilet rolls will be soon forbidden!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What I want to ask Gerard is how come his side of the channel now can’t travel to the US while we still can
I'd love to answer that people are turning mad but no change in fact, they already are total gonzos! Just have a look to the procedure to be followed if you feel bad or detect some fever… it takes ages!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3963322)   #760
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Putting together some news lead to interrogation. Tunisia recently sent thirty Italians out and many there recommend to use garlic as a medicine against the virus. Nobody is able to say if garlic could replace toilet rolls but stay in tune, many other crazy infos to come…
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3963325)   #761
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
THey're notorious for that! mine had a wander but my 'Axe guru' sorted it.

I'm a bass man, the one on my hit list is the rare/expensive one ( obviously) a 4005.
Mine's an early 4001 - with different truss rod, later ones are easier to change of course!!
So I'm waiting for my brother's guru to look at it - then brother can sell it (he's got a good reputation for buying/selling/using musical stuff) along with the Warwick, Status etc that I never play!

4005 is very rare - around 500 made?
Is the idea to play it - apparently there's a reason they didn't make many!!!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3963336)   #762
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Nice Pete, Mines a 4003s . . . about 1988, a 63 reissue, twin truss rods, and amazingly they work. Graham Wheeler is the man I use, very good, and local ( Sussex) I don't know much about 4005 . . .Mani from the Stone Roses used to play them. BoT ( before Mike tells us off ) one of my Winter projects this year has been a Dynelectron made by Meazzi, a dano longhorn copy, as played by Walter Becker.

http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2013/10/...nelectron.html
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3963340)   #763
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we have garlic growing in the allotment . . . . will I be able to afford to go racing soon ????
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3963354)   #764
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Please allow me some minutes to check the garlic rate on the itn scene…*Have already to watch the half potato one for terence!
Still waiting for a garlic vs pepper test results in case of vampires invasion…
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3963356)   #765
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
before Mike tells us off
Just mention Nick Mason in your text, it'll be fiiiiine…
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3963358)   #766
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
we have garlic growing in the allotment . . . . will I be able to afford to go racing soon ????

You probably will, Joe ..... but the other competitors may give you a wide berth.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 11:25 (Ref:3963388)   #767
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I've just been shopping at Auchan in Arras & there's a mountain of toilet paper on special offer! How much do you need?

Maybe folks here don't use that much - who knows?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3963542)   #768
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John there are a lot of mountains surrounding Arras… Cant answer your question but still wondering what is not growing in Joe's allotment! He has already salads, garlic, rice… what else? Cortinas!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:17 (Ref:3963545)   #769
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John there are a lot of mountains surrounding Arras… Cant answer your question but still wondering what is not growing in Joe's allotment! He has already salads, garlic, rice… what else? Cortinas!
Magic mushrooms?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:20 (Ref:3963547)   #770
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Who knows!! Smoking idea I'd say …
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3963559)   #771
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

On line, possibly.

For real on track stuff - the travel requirements may become impossible even assuming that events actually take place.

Will the F1 teams ever be able to leave Aus? Where will they travel to?

With the Cruise companies abandoning their schedules perhaps the F1 circus could rent a liner and run the seaside races behind closed doors travelling from location to location en mass. It would, at least, give them some activity this year.

Thinking about with the size of the teams they might need more than one ship. And perhaps be accompanied by the Hospital ship. Plenty of boats around so that would not be a problem.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 20:49 (Ref:3963589)   #772
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
so that would not be a problem.
Our président made several announcements, not surprising that all the politicians try to draw the blanket… Seems we are going to have a semi black out now. More important, many doctors say that many doctors and nurses are infected too. I dont think they will insist a lot healing old people but more likely concentrate themselves on younger ones.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 23:46 (Ref:3963681)   #773
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
On line, possibly.

For real on track stuff - the travel requirements may become impossible even assuming that events actually take place.

Will the F1 teams ever be able to leave Aus? Where will they travel to?

With the Cruise companies abandoning their schedules perhaps the F1 circus could rent a liner and run the seaside races behind closed doors travelling from location to location en mass. It would, at least, give them some activity this year.

Thinking about with the size of the teams they might need more than one ship. And perhaps be accompanied by the Hospital ship. Plenty of boats around so that would not be a problem.
Lots of private jets there to do Uber pick ups...
Old 13 Mar 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3963789)   #774
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
For anyone who is interested, Techno Classica Essen has now been re-scheduled to 24-28 June.

24 June also happens to be Alfa Romeo's 110th birthday.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3963829)   #775
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Mrs Tim had to go shopping, no delivery slots available until next week, she said it was manic. There were shortages of certain things like pasta and toilet roll but surprisingly plenty of fruit and veg and other healthy foods, She did do a bit of panic buying though.....just in case like
Attached Thumbnails
13c00613-7594-46e0-a94d-87ca8a88b225.jpg  
Closed Thread