Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3964997)   #851
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You should see the Sainsbury’s in Harpenden, completely cleared out. Really does make you sad when you think about it. All this panicking doesn’t help matters, we need to remember we’re all in the same boat here
Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3965004)   #852
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Our highways were busy today and train stations as well. Many private jets in the sky too. Now in Normandy many complain about those potentially infected Parisians arriving loudly, pointing that the local hospitals couldn't face a huge demand…
What is wrong with people? They are people, you know…
Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3965006)   #853
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone explain what's behind the ridiculous panic buying of toilet rolls....

Stockpiling food stuff in a panic is one thing (although I still disapprove), but why bog rolls?

Perplexed of West Sussex

Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3965009)   #854
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Our highways were busy today and train stations as well. Many private jets in the sky too. Now in Normandy many complain about those potentially infected Parisians arriving loudly, pointing that the local hospitals couldn't face a huge demand…
What is wrong with people? They are people, you know…
Ah, they are all private jets, are they? I wondered why there were so many aircraft flying over today when supposedly they'd all been grounded.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3965014)   #855
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Can anyone explain what's behind the ridiculous panic buying of toilet rolls....
Is it related to the quality of certain copies? Or someone invented new things to do with those rolls…
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:15 (Ref:3965018)   #856
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I understand it, it's because when 1 person is heard to cough or sneeze 1000 people sh.. themselves
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3965024)   #857
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place

Ha ça y est, j'ai une idée… Who here can remember the conversation we had about edible panties? I remember it started with Mike H. Is there a relation with toilet paper?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3965043)   #858
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
On another note, I bought next week’s Radio Times today and it’s already behind the times, even before it came out. It still has the football games and Bahrain GP in it’s listings, although it does say they are subject to change in the sports pick of the week

Speaking of which, this morning I set my Humax up to record the WRC at it’s original time of 10:30 and thankfully it’s recognised there has been a change and therefore I am now watching it now on ITV4, for those who are unaware of the change in the schedule
Old 17 Mar 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3965055)   #859
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stockpiling toilet rolls seems stupid to me but at least it's better than the noted run on guns and ammunition in the States. Had better not sneeze there.

Pete Richards
Old 17 Mar 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3965057)   #860
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
On another note, I bought next week’s Radio Times today and it’s already behind the times, even before it came out.
Given the lead time needed for such publications surely that comes as no great surprise? Bit of a no brainer IMHO.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 21:23 (Ref:3965064)   #861
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Given the lead time needed for such publications surely that comes as no great surprise? Bit of a no brainer IMHO.
I wasn’t going to say.....

JasperClan- that ‘panic buying’ of guns in the US is scary indeed. One newsperson suggested that possibly not all to do with Covid-19.

I’m not going to get all political, though......
Old 17 Mar 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3965075)   #862
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
CSCC at Snett now cancelled as is Spring Start.
Shame about Silverstone, but I did not fancy Snet in March anyway.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 22:31 (Ref:3965080)   #863
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ya jest try gittin' yer hands on ma toylit rolls, and I'll blow yer goldarn haid riit of ya sholders, pardner.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 22:49 (Ref:3965087)   #864
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
CSCC at Snett now cancelled as is Spring Start.
Shame about Silverstone, but I did not fancy Snet in March anyway.
And Cadwell in April
Old 17 Mar 2020, 23:59 (Ref:3965104)   #865
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I wasn’t going to say.....

JasperClan- that ‘panic buying’ of guns in the US is scary indeed. One newsperson suggested that possibly not all to do with Covid-19.

I’m not going to get all political, though......
Not political at all Mike, if you have mass lay-offs, millions not getting paid...then a spike in criminality SHOULD be expected...there is already way too many guns in the wrong hands in the USA, so I couldn't really criticise peace loving honest people for wanting to arm themselves...
Old 18 Mar 2020, 06:58 (Ref:3965144)   #866
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
And ****** in April
OK Guys, as mentioned earlier (in amongst the comments about panic buying toilet rolls etc... ) MSUK have suspended ALL PERMITS for ALL motorsports events requiring them up to the end of April, so don’t think we need to keep posting individual ones......
Old 18 Mar 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3965152)   #867
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
OK Guys, as mentioned earlier (in amongst the comments about panic buying toilet rolls etc... ) MSUK have suspended ALL PERMITS for ALL motorsports events requiring them up to the end of April, so don’t think we need to keep posting individual ones......
SIM racing, anyone?
Old 18 Mar 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3965181)   #868
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Stockpiling toilet rolls seems stupid to me but at least it's better than the noted run on guns and ammunition in the States. Had better not sneeze there.
Whereas the Dutch have been panic buying weed
Old 18 Mar 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3965187)   #869
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe the Americans are buying all their guns for the war on Coronavirus, I wouldn't put it past them
Old 18 Mar 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3965225)   #870
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Oh No, worse than Motorsport being banned, EastEnders are cutting back on their broadcasting !!!!!!!!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Mar 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3965234)   #871
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Oh No, worse than Motorsport being banned, EastEnders are cutting back on their broadcasting !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they’ll use the virus to kill off a character or two knowing them....
Old 18 Mar 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3965237)   #872
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If they could extend that to Mrs Browns Boys as well then at least some good would come from this whole situation.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 12:49 (Ref:3965238)   #873
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't agree with that one mate, we spend a lot of time in Ireland all be it mainly in the North, and I'd say Mrs Browns Boys is pretty accurate.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3965244)   #874
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
And in the real world..... Glastonbury has been cancelled!
Old 18 Mar 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3965245)   #875
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got tipped off about Mrs Brown from a friend and watched the TV shows with some amusement. We were bought tickets for the live show and it was hilarious.
Can't say I'm bothered about the EastEnders cut back.
Closed Thread