Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2859968)   #101
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
Black always look awesome on a car I agree, but from a marketing point of view I just will never understand why the Toro Rosso dont sport that nice distinctive light-blue liverly as the sugarfree cans of Red Bull.
Red Bull "Lite" would seem wholly appropriate!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2861548)   #102
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Today was quite a test for the dynamic duo because it was a complicated race to follow, but I thought they did a good job overall.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2861582)   #103
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes I thought they did an excellent job again. Rudderless Russian was brillliant.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 03:43 (Ref:2861665)   #104
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty much faultless again - a real pleasure this is becoming listening to this pair.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2861751)   #105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the chemistry between the pair works really well, but the slow Scottish drawl of Mr Coulthard sometimes seems to take forever to get a point across.. several incidents can happen and you dont quite remember what he was talking about...

Hopefully it will improve.. But not wrist slashing just yet
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Apr 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2861809)   #106
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
At certain points in the race it felt like Coulthard was talking at his microphone from the otherside of the room! Otherwise it was good steady stuff from both men. When they got naff they where naff in a way that they carried it off. No complaints and a good 'box performance overall.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2861833)   #107
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i really enjoy the commentary now they are both very knowledgeable and interesting to listen to absolute night and day compared to that other bloke...from button to hamilton to webber and so forth zzzz
Old 11 Apr 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2861861)   #108
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"Its all turned to custard for d'Ambrosio"
Old 11 Apr 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2861951)   #109
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think the Brundle-DC commentary team works a lot better than I was expecting - Brundle has made the transition from analyst to lead commentator seem pretty straightforward, when actually it must require a whole different set of skills. I do have an issue with Coulthard though, which is that whilst I'm interested in what he says and generally find his comments quite insightful, his voice is just so boring. I'm not saying I want him to be doing the Murray Walker 'pants on fire' act, because James Allen used to do that and it drove most of the viewers up the wall, but he could try injecting a little enthusiasm every now and then.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 11 Apr 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2862007)   #110
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought they did a great job but luckily I was also watching it half an hour delayed, so I could skip forward every time the tit in the pit - Ted spoke, he really gets my goat.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2862011)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought they were both excellent and Martin was on fire with his Brundleisms, the 'custard' one and the 'rudderless Russian', the guy's just a natural......
Old 11 Apr 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2862041)   #112
petecossie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Teesside
petecossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed the first race as I was offshore in sunny Nigeria but watched the recording when I got home. Thought they did a great job and this was was confirmed when I watched the GP yesterday. Big improvement after last year.
You have to give DC a chance to get into the swing to the job as its totally different front the pitlane walkabout he did before with Jake and Eddie. Granted his voice maybe a bit monotone but I still prefer it to JA or Legard's ravings.
They even seem to have a bit of etiquette when they want to put a comment forward or ask each other's opinion.
They are never going to get a 100% vote from all the viewers, as some people just don't DC, but for me it's a distinct improvement. Looking at this thread the majority seem to give them the thumbs up.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2862469)   #113
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by petecossie View Post
.....but for me it's a distinct improvement. Looking at this thread the majority seem to give them the thumbs up.
With you there. More of a quantum leap for me though.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2865395)   #114
phansa88
Racer

England
gravesend
phansa88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant stand any of them over the last few years its like listing to paint dry just turn the sound off and put music on its alot better. let a comedy duo have ago now that would be interesting and a hole lot less boring
Old 18 Apr 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2865432)   #115
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansa88 View Post
cant stand any of them over the last few years its like list[en]ing to paint dry just turn the sound off and put music on its a[ ]lot better. let a comedy duo have a[ ]go now that would be interesting and a [w]hole lot less boring
You're hard to please. If you read the the thread about Martin Brundleisms you'll see that most people think he and DC are already turning into a light-hearted double act.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:08 (Ref:2865438)   #116
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
With you there. More of a quantum leap for me though.
For me too. Credit where credit is due they really are very good!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2865505)   #117
mikenunn-78
Racer

United Kingdom
mikenunn-78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May have to start a new drinking game everytime MB says "Sensational"
Old 18 Apr 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2865508)   #118
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenunn-78 View Post
May have to start a new drinking game everytime MB says "Sensational"
Well the "for sure" drinking game has been a bit slow this season so far!!!!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2865520)   #119
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Well the "for sure" drinking game has been a bit slow this season so far!!!!
For sure....
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2865544)   #120
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They get better and better. Truly inspired pairing that soothe the senses.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2865548)   #121
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I did enjoy their commentary this weekend. I think one major difference is that when they make a mistake (as all commentators will) they just take the mickey out of themselves and each other, instead of panicking or trying to pretend it didn't happen.

This may be partly down to a lack of pressure - they know the viewing public like them, whereas Allen and Legard never had that.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2865556)   #122
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
This may be partly down to a lack of pressure - they know the viewing public like them, whereas Allen and Legard never had that.
You may have a point here. Maybe JA and JL's job was made harder because they knew that people were waiting for the mistakes so they could be jumped upon?
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2865562)   #123
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Legard made a mistake in his first ever line of F1 televised commentary. That isn't pressure just ineptitude.

And Allen was liked when he was in the pits. The reason he then became disliked was because he was awful. The mistakes were not a problem, he didn't make many.

It is difficult to describe the disgust I felt whenever Allen spoke on air. I feel similar when listening to a member of the EDL.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 18 Apr 2011 at 09:57.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2865565)   #124
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I bow to your superior commentating knowledge
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:58 (Ref:2865569)   #125
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Don't bow. Make a donation.