Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Should the MC 12 be at Le Mans?
Yes, the MC12 deserves to be there 65 52.00%
No, Vitaphone should look for another car 60 48.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jan 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1803055)   #101
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
HORNDAWG: Can you tell me where this Fehan conversation originally took place?

"The performance on both sides of the pond sends a strong message to Corvette buyers worldwide.
“That’s a message that we want to have pass the racecar into GM,” Fehan said. “The Corvette is a wonderful tool to do that because it is recognized on every continent.”
With its success globally, many teams have been eyeing a Corvette for its racing program for 2007. Fehan confirmed that more C6.Rs are being made available to customers for the coming season.
“Absolutely,” Fehan stated. “As a matter of fact, we have four cars for sale right now. We already have two that are done and these two [current ALMS] cars will be for sale as well.”
Corvette Racing will be building two new C6.Rs for its 2007 racing season. However, its program has yet to be confirmed.
“Right now, there is not a contract in place to support Corvette Racing in 2007.” Fehan stated."

I would like to add C6R-005 thru C6R-008 to my web site if I can find the original conversation with Fehan.

Here you go David http://www.the-paddock.net/sportscar...iew/240741/49/

almost all the way to the bottom.

L.P.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1804204)   #102
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well these 4, plus 2 built, plus building 2 for the team in 07 = 8. How many GT-1 DB9R's have been built? And I do not think that they have achieved that # yet.
In an interview on Radio Le Mans at the race just gone, the Aston Chief Wig said they would make 25 cars in total and 12 would be Works Cars.

He also said that they would all be sold by the end of the Le Mans weekend, I don't know if they achived that though.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1804510)   #103
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
In an interview on Radio Le Mans at the race just gone, the Aston Chief Wig said they would make 25 cars in total and 12 would be Works Cars.

He also said that they would all be sold by the end of the Le Mans weekend, I don't know if they achived that though.
I hope they reached their goals, as they deserve it. It is a class product and IMO the only solid competition for Corvette Racing at the moment. Granted being a Vette fan I want to see the Vette win, but I also like to see them in a race! Back on subject. They do not post that info anywhere that I know of.
L.P.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 11:01 (Ref:1804988)   #104
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN

Don't think they did, I thought DSC said they were now available at £300k, Barwell has one and another has been sold I heard
Old 3 Jan 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1805339)   #105
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I distinctly remember hearing the interview.

There is however nothing to say they made/will make more.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1809136)   #106
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I voted no, and Maserati or the Vidaphone Team or whatever won't accept to cut 30mm off, it's a question of honnor...
Old 8 Jan 2007, 04:16 (Ref:1809260)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a wild and crazy line of thought here. We already know factory Corvette and AMs will be there, and probably some privateers with both. Any possiblity of any 575s making and appearance and then getting Vidaphone to run an S7. Great spread of GT1 cars for the field with the variety the ACO has got to love. Any LMS GT1s I am forgetting that could make an appearance to widen the variety?
Old 8 Jan 2007, 06:28 (Ref:1809300)   #108
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read that Racing Box will enter the LMS with a Saleen S7R sourced from ORECA.

I suppose Vitaphone will have to do the same.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1809389)   #109
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt that Vitaphone will get rid of their MC12's just so that they can enter Le Mans, and to be honest I think they would be a little stupid if they did. Okay, so they dont get a entry for Le Mans. What matters is they start once again as favourites for this years FIA GT Championship and the Spa 24hrs.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1809416)   #110
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I can't think the Vitaphone PR people would want to pass up a Le Mans chance but I suppose they could buy that anyway, lots of teams would welcome the Vitaphone wedge. Perhaps 10 outings all season is better for their campaign

Today is the the deadline, what has been done dsc?
Old 8 Jan 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1809502)   #111
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote Yes, but in LMP2

If in GT1 i vote NO

So that will be a no
Old 8 Jan 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1809585)   #112
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
When we were talking about allowing the MC12 to run at LM I am saying "no" on the principle that a GT car is a racing version of a road car and the rules stipulate just how it may differ from that road car. I was not convinced that the MC12 is that. I think it is a race car with enough(?) road versions to get it through the homologation.
If you're a competitor at this year's LeMans, I totally understand your point of view. If you're a spectator like me, then surely you'd want to see a brace of MC12's at La Sarthe, no ? At LeMans, the greater the variety the better as far as I'm concerned. Its not as if the race is a wheel to wheel sprint after all.

So I vote for inclusion of Michael Bartel's machines.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1809721)   #113
old man
Veteran

England
UK
I fully understand your point but you can't just let a car run because it would be interesting to see how it does against various others. We know it is very competitive against say the AMs in the FIA series, I would like to see a Pratt & Miller Corvette in that series so we can compare but the Corvette running this year did very well against the Maser. However, rules is rules!
Old 8 Jan 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1809730)   #114
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp
I vote Yes, but in LMP2

If in GT1 i vote NO

So that will be a no
The MC12 woudnt be eligable for LMP2 as the engine capacity limit for the class is 3.4 for n/a cars. If it were to enter a LMP class LMP1 would be the only option. Yes the car could run in LMP1 but it would run differnt restrictor sizes to the other GT1 cars so any comparissan would be meaningless.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1809783)   #115
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
I fully understand your point but you can't just let a car run because it would be interesting to see how it does against various others. We know it is very competitive against say the AMs in the FIA series, I would like to see a Pratt & Miller Corvette in that series so we can compare but the Corvette running this year did very well against the Maser. However, rules is rules!
You're right about the rules but LeMans has been, and probably always will be, a maverick event... and the ACO seem to promote that with fixed rule classes, invitation classes and whatnot. You even had people building cars just for that one event. I can understand the need to have tight spec classes adhered to in the FIA, ALMS and GrandAm series... but less so in LeMans.
Old 11 Jan 2007, 02:05 (Ref:1811963)   #116
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The deadline has passed already for Vitaphone to confirm their entries, has anyone heard anything?
Old 11 Jan 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1812058)   #117
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

I look at it this way. If the ACO invites a championship winning team that it knows runs a Maserati MC12 to run at Le Mans then I would expect the team to turn up with its championship winning cars. End of story. Lets face it the ACO, the Vitaphone Team and everyone on here knows what they've got so whats the fuss. Its not as if the ACO hasn't gone out on a limb before.

So I voted YES.

Of course it could be just motor racing politics for which the ACO is also famous for!

Nick
Old 11 Jan 2007, 17:04 (Ref:1812474)   #118
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
Hello

I look at it this way. If the ACO invites a championship winning team that it knows runs a Maserati MC12 to run at Le Mans then I would expect the team to turn up with its championship winning cars. End of story. Lets face it the ACO, the Vitaphone Team and everyone on here knows what they've got so whats the fuss. Its not as if the ACO hasn't gone out on a limb before.

So I voted YES.

Of course it could be just motor racing politics for which the ACO is also famous for!

Nick
Try this, with attention to the second paragraph!http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...D_1252_gb.html

L.P.
Old 11 Jan 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1812490)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Nick49 knows that the ACO have done it with knowledge that the Mazza does not comply. What he is saying is apart from that, he disagrees that they should do that!

The ACO have given an invite to a team that runs a car that is not suitable for Le Mans. To take a little further; Why not invite the winning team of the WTCC, as long as they find a suitable car. Obviously this is said just illustrate a point.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1813089)   #120
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today is 12, any news about Vitaphone at Le Mans ?
Old 12 Jan 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1813246)   #121
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Numerous weeks later and 113 votes along the lines... and it's still looking like a fairly even contest!
Old 12 Jan 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1813520)   #122
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have changed my mind. No it should not race. the MC12 and the Puegot look too much a like. The MC12 looks like a prototype now that the Pug has come out.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1813527)   #123
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am confused why the MC12 looks more like a prototype now the Peugeot has been revealed! The Pug makes the MC12 looks positively conservative!

Shall I change your vote?
Old 12 Jan 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1813569)   #124
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I am confused why the MC12 looks more like a prototype now the Peugeot has been revealed! The Pug makes the MC12 looks positively conservative!

Shall I change your vote?
Adam, I say ... Oh damn the torpedos -- let um race. ANd the Best / fastest car wins.

But your right the Pug does make the MC12 look conservative, and Grand AM DP cars very very conservative.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1813656)   #125
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Indeed looking at the MC12 compared to the Peugoet the MC12 really does look like a road going supercar, the same for the Saleen S7R. Looking at the Peugoet however there can be no doubt that it is a pure racing car, nothing more, nothing less.