Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Sep 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3576163)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 Formula 3.5 V8 (formerly Renault!) Silly Season

The exact name for the series isn't known, but it will run under Jaime Alguersuari Senior.
It's not clear yet, which team will participate, but the word is that DAMS will withdraw and Fortec could run a second team (according to italiaracing.net).

My guesses so far:

It will be very interesting how it will goes on with the Lotus team if Lotus F1 will be sold to Renault. Perhaps that will be the new Renault F1 junior team?

Fortec: Charles Leclerc - Ben Barnicoat
Lotus: Alex Fontana - Callan O'Keffee
DAMS: Dean Stoneman - Jake Hughes
Strakke: Tio Ellinas - Gustav Malja
Arden: Egor Orudzhev - Emil Bernstorff
Carlin: Gustavo Menezes - Jake Dennis
Draco: Bruno Bonifacio - Vitor Baptista
Tech-1: Roy Nissany - Anthoine Hubert
Pons: Yu Kanamaru - Yarin Stern
AVF: Alfonso Celis jr. - Tatiana Calderón
Comtec: Louis Délétraz - Marvin Kirchhöfer
Old 23 Sep 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3576464)   #2
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alguersuari Sr has previously said that the list of teams will be revealed "probably before Le Mans" this weekend. He's also stated they are aiming for a minimum of 18 and a maximum of 24 cars - I'll be extremely interested to see who is on the list.

It would be sad to lose DAMS but like you said, the rumours are that they are likely to join GP3 next year. I would be surprised if Fortec were to run a second team, given all the other racing operations they have and the fact they are adding a BRDC F4 team to their roster next season too.

If there is an opportunity for a new team to join next year, I'd like to see someone like a Koiranen GP or Van Amersfoort Racing, both hugely experienced and successful teams - they did in fact both apply to join for the 2012 season, but the new entries went to Arden and DAMS.

In terms of drivers, it's worth pointing out that despite Renault Sport's withdrawl, this year's Eurocup FR2.0 winner will still receive the usual €500,000 prize to help them graduate next year.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3576593)   #3
Formulahistory
Veteran

Yes Koiranen and Van Amersfoort would be very nice. Koiranen was on the waiting list some years ago.

Prema Power would also be very nice.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3577006)   #4
olev
Rookie

Estonia
olev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be surpirsed if many teams are interested in joining.

Prema is fully focused in F3 due to Stroll, and they'll probably wait for the FIA F2 to stay under the FIA's umbrella, which seems the more sensible and safe to do in the current climate. Same goes for Van Amersfoort.

It's risky to make an investment to get into a championship that not many see lasting much longer than 1-2 years (basically until F2 comes out).
Old 29 Sep 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3577981)   #5
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Some good early news for next year's revamped championship in the form of a new team, set up by AF Corse owner Amato Ferrari

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121075
Old 29 Sep 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3577985)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
Some good early news for next year's revamped championship in the form of a new team, set up by AF Corse owner Amato Ferrari

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121075
Yes that's a boost for the organisers isn't it?

Should encourage others to sign up as well.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3578020)   #7
Formulahistory
Veteran

Very nice to see a new team in the series! Perhaps some young GT drivers will drive for them. James Calado maybe.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3578034)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
only if they can't sell the seats to people wanting to pay for them... i wonder if the different branding has anything to do with russian money, don't af corse run the smp chassis?
Old 29 Sep 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3578097)   #9
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
don't af corse run the smp chassis?
Yes.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 22:47 (Ref:3578145)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
only if they can't sell the seats to people wanting to pay for them... i wonder if the different branding has anything to do with russian money, don't af corse run the smp chassis?
Isn't that AF Racing instead of AF Corse?
I think they have used the "Spirit Of Race" name before, in US endurance racing and the 24H series (Dubai etc...), but I don't think it had anything to do with SMP.

Good news for Formula 3.5 anyhow
Old 29 Sep 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3578147)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Prema Power would also be very nice.
Prema will be in GP2 (again) next year
Old 29 Sep 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3578149)   #12
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
It will be very interesting how it will goes on with the Lotus team if Lotus F1 will be sold to Renault. Perhaps that will be the new Renault F1 junior team?
That Lotus team is actually Charouz (= the Czech guys). I'm not sure they will have anything to do with Renault F1.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3578150)   #13
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
I think Nyck De Vries will stay on for a year. He 's had some good races and some poor ones. Hasn't actually won a race yet, so I can't see him move away now.

Where'd he go anyway? I expect Lynn and Gasly to stay on at DAMS in GP2.
Maybe just maybe to ART, but I think McLaren wouldn't mind keeping him behind for one more year. They already have more than enough drivers for 2 seat at the moment.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3578155)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Prema was in International F3000 in 1998 / 99. Not in GP2.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3578240)   #15
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Never heard of that. Any sources?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 09:56 (Ref:3578244)   #16
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
I think Nyck De Vries will stay on for a year. He 's had some good races and some poor ones. Hasn't actually won a race yet, so I can't see him move away now.

Where'd he go anyway? I expect Lynn and Gasly to stay on at DAMS in GP2.
Maybe just maybe to ART, but I think McLaren wouldn't mind keeping him behind for one more year. They already have more than enough drivers for 2 seat at the moment.
I agree, I'd very much like him to stay on, although in this interview conducted during the Silverstone round, he wasn't so sure about returning for a second year.

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...laren-colours/
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3578263)   #17
Formulahistory
Veteran

I didn't found anything about Prema Power to enter GP2 in 2016.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:41 (Ref:3578332)   #18
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Prema was in International F3000 in 1998 / 99. Not in GP2.
You're right, of course. My bad.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3578334)   #19
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Never heard of that. Any sources?
Sure:

Last edited by gert; 30 Sep 2015 at 16:47.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:43 (Ref:3578336)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Pons: Yarin Stern
AVF: Tatiana Calderón
And your source?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3578341)   #21
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't found anything about Prema Power to enter GP2 in 2016.

wonder if Rosenqvist will be part of it
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3578405)   #22
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Sure:
Hmm but there must be one existing GP2 team that had to withdraw to make room for Prema Power. Perhaps Hilmer? But Hilmer was quoting in Motorsport aktuell that Hilmer will stay after rumours suggest Charles Pic would buy that team.

According to Autosport Stroll also will be part of next year's Prema Power F3 team, so perhaps that GP2 project is for 2017, but I doubt it will be in time for 2016.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3578406)   #23
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
And your source?
That were just my suggestions. Stern is driving for De Villota's team in Euroformula Open and De Villota is managing Pons.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:53 (Ref:3578407)   #24
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavidaLoca View Post
wonder if Rosenqvist will be part of it
I doubt it - no money...
Old 30 Sep 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3578413)   #25
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt it - no money...
Rosenqvist never had money (not much at least) , Stroll was highly supporting him as well as Maisano and lately Cassidy. In simple words Prema can afford to run good drivers without budget running on Stroll's payroll, which is very nice.

Do not forget that Stroll Owns Prema