Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Sep 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3767058)   #51
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My son and I are considering going to next year's event, which will be a first for both of us.

Can anyone suggest, or better still, recommend any local gîtes or similar local to Le Mans. Son would be happy camping, but I'm afraid it really isn't my thing, especially as we are thinking about making it a long weekend.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3767140)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well normally i would say you are 6 months to late for anything close by but due to the situation you may be lucky and get a cancellation. However i think Gites etc will usually have been booked by now and also chances of long weekend period are almost non existant as they will usually be booked from the weekend before rather than a day or to before the race. Do not worry about camping the days of old are long past, the better campsites are clean tidy and the facilities are better each year, modern camping equipement includes fold up beds, large easy to erect tents comfortable chairs and if you book the private campsites meals cooked for you.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3768276)   #53
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I just did a quick search on Airbnb, friday 8 till monday 18, and friday 15 till monday 18. In both cases plenty of places available.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3772305)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just heard from Catherine Boutier (Nadine Bouttier's replacement) that application forms will be sent out next week for 2018 tickets.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3772306)   #55
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Did you ask her about it or did she send out a general mail?
Old 6 Oct 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3772314)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I chased them because i had not heard anything
Old 6 Oct 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3772315)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, our ferries are booked. I'll be driving over for the first time, both of my lads are going, Toby for a long weekend and (my) James, (his LM debut) for the full week..... LM James has all the ticket needs worked out and ready to submit....
Old 11 Oct 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3773692)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Application forms arrived from Catherine this morning, prices for GE tickets are 82 euro's or 61,5 for members
Top camping tickets are 100 or 85 for members
Old 11 Oct 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3773736)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still incredible value.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3773855)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i agree
Old 16 Oct 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3774542)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Tickets available for aco members from tomorrow
Old 17 Oct 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3774620)   #62
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might have taken 40 minutes, but finally was able to buy a grandstand ticket.

Is it June yet?
Old 17 Oct 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3774630)   #63
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Likewise; sat in electronic queue for about 45 minutes. Navigated online shop; chose the seats I wanted and paid. Bringing a newbie next year - doubt it will be his last !
Old 17 Oct 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3774637)   #64
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Success here too, we're be back in our usual seats in T17!

Time to start packing...
Old 17 Oct 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3774652)   #65
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Credit Card not charged yet, no new orders on my ACO account, so fingers crossed that Catherine does as good a job as Nadine before her.

I am just checking availability of tickets, and am not encountering any problems buying them (not that I want to).

All campsites besides the usual suspects sold out, but still plenty of grandstand places available, even at ACO 17 and 18. Withdrawal of Audi and Porsche, and uncertainty regarding Toyota taking its toll?
Old 17 Oct 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3774657)   #66
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Fingers crossed that Catherine gets me usual camping tickets.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3774659)   #67
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Just booked 17 seats in Benoist .. had to ring as the website seemed pretty stuck
Old 17 Oct 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3774703)   #68
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fortunately all of you seem to have got the expected tickets. Me too always garndstand 18.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3774726)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Success here too, we're be back in our usual seats in T17!

Time to start packing...
Yep, it's this Saturday we go isn't it? Oh, wait though..........

Very pleased indeed though with the outcome today - top work mon ami.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3774749)   #70
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Very pleased indeed though with the outcome today - top work mon ami.
Me, I'm both very pleased and very relieved, after what happened last year. I do sense demand is significantly down on last year though, there are still over 8,000 grandstand seats available on the website, including 90+ seats in T17 and 50+ seats in T18, which definitely wasn't the case at this time last year, as we well know.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3774816)   #71
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Confirmation received, got my usual as requested
Old 18 Oct 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3774876)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Seems to be looking good in general so far!
Old 18 Oct 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3774910)   #73
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets booked yesterday!
Plus camping in Epinettes this year - Two years ago we were in Bleu Sud and didn't like it that much so decided to go back to our original place.
As well as grandstand tickets on Lagache.
So a good day all around for The Smith Family!
Old 18 Oct 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3774915)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just booked travel lodge for silverstone next year, so looks like i will be doing all three usual races.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3774924)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, I've just booked for Silverstone too.