Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jul 2020, 01:15 (Ref:3987535)   #176
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Err.. Umm... Actually Mixer did make a distinction because he referred to the TCR TV broadcast, and IMO he is right the broadcast, disappointingly amateurish. I own a TCR car here in NZ [were the TCR series is still struggling to get off the ground] however, my first love is V8 Supercars, and personally I think Supercars broadcasting is world class. Hopefully TCR Australia's TV Broadcasting, will now be of a similar standard to Supercars given that ARG has reportedly signed a production agreement with V8 Supercars TV unit.
It's not a TCR production, it's an SBS production.

Without TCR, or any 2 litre racing existing, even before you attempt to go for the remote, everyone knows what they're getting with SBS. It is not a reflection of TCR. But for Mixer, the broadcast and series are entwined.

There was actually no point to his comment other than to take another shot at TCR
Old 12 Jul 2020, 03:48 (Ref:3987548)   #177
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has Peckstar changed sides ?
Old 12 Jul 2020, 04:46 (Ref:3987552)   #178
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IP address cross reference time?
Old 12 Jul 2020, 06:18 (Ref:3987556)   #179
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
😂
Old 12 Jul 2020, 08:10 (Ref:3987570)   #180
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
It's not a TCR production, it's an SBS production.
Sorry but that's not the way it works. The sport buys the airtime from SBS (or is given it, depends on the deal). The sport then engages a 3rd party production company that will meet SBS requirements for various tech items.

It is up to the sport (in this case TCR / Shannons Nationals) to decide how much to spend on the production, what features the production has, how many cameras etc etc etc.

Not an SBS production but rather a TCR production. Although to be fair to ARG, I think that it was a Shannons Nationals production that they contributed to and were able to decide on their spend within that production - not total control of all aspects but they did have a significant influence on the quality of the production.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 06:33 (Ref:3987826)   #181
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Sorry but that's not the way it works. The sport buys the airtime from SBS (or is given it, depends on the deal). The sport then engages a 3rd party production company that will meet SBS requirements for various tech items.

It is up to the sport (in this case TCR / Shannons Nationals) to decide how much to spend on the production, what features the production has, how many cameras etc etc etc.

Not an SBS production but rather a TCR production. Although to be fair to ARG, I think that it was a Shannons Nationals production that they contributed to and were able to decide on their spend within that production - not total control of all aspects but they did have a significant influence on the quality of the production.
Thanks for that clarification Tourer, regardless of the knit-picking, the TV coverage
was very average. Hopefully, we get to see a much improved TV coverage next time around.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3988180)   #182
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

I don't really care who/what/where the production of the coverage comes from.

The point is, Mixer highlights it to have another swipe at TCR. The production/coverage has nothing to do with the class. In Mixer's case though, it means - TCR production is amateurish = TCR is amateurish. Supercars coverage is world class = supercars is world class.

It would've been the Shannons Nationals crew that did it. I don't know what one could expect from them? Imagine reading Mixer's post if you were a part of that crew? He's just had a swipe at you and your efforts. Mixer is oblivious to that because his intention to to take a shot at TCR.

In the case of TCR. It's not about what it is atm, but where is it going and what can it do? So it's completely pointless to take a shot at it.

Even to get to the point of paying C7 to broadcast the series. You can't just turn up without an idea of what is going to be screened. You still have to earn your stripes. TCR was in the process of doing that. To even bring it up as a criticism is ridiculous.

However bad it supposedly was, it was miles better than what most racing fans get exposed to with supercars and their extended highlight package on fta.

I fyou were to ask what was so world class about the production of supercars, almost all wouldn't even be able to articulate it.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3988181)   #183
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah ok 👍🏼
Old 14 Jul 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3988200)   #184
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've all taken swipes at TCR Aus, and most of us are actually fans of it.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 23:16 (Ref:3988325)   #185
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Why is it ok for fans of TCR to take swipes at it, but if a Supercar fan takes a swipe at Supercars they are seen as trolling or “if you don’t like it don’t watch it”

Ps... I’m in agreement that a fan has the right to have a swipe at a category they are passionate about.

The TCR/Shannon’s coverage was average and while the crew were doing their best with the budget provided, it will always be compared to what Supercars is doing, rightly or wrongly
Old 14 Jul 2020, 23:52 (Ref:3988331)   #186
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I and others have a go at Supercars all the time. Free to air, judiciary decisions, parity **** up, stupidity in not adapting chassis rules, should I go on?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2020, 08:30 (Ref:3992219)   #187
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Nah man. You can say you're a fan of the class. But are you also saying "As long as it stays in its box"? Because that's how I see it.

The double standards in Australia is unbelievable. That's what I should've said to avoid making many posts. Double standards even when it's not meant.

For example. Mark made the point in the previous page about having bought a TCR car, and that TCR is struggling to get off the ground in NZ.

Well, that's fine. But how does that compare to how many COTF has he bought, and how's the COTF series going over in NZ?
Old 2 Aug 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3992240)   #188
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1. Mark is a straight shooter who knows more then all of us so we are lucky we have him here.
2. NZ Tourers were much closer to MARC cars than Supercars COTF but it didn't save the series...

Old 3 Aug 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3992631)   #189
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am definitely a fan of TCR.
However I was embarrassed at the amateurish stream standard coverage that went out on national television last year.
How many rounds started with the opening visuals with poor or no audio ? Then when the opening face to camera piece came on the audio was out of synch with the pictures. I hope that articulates it adequately for you . I have no doubt this will improve on Ch7 even if some of the hosts might be less desirable.
As for the product itself, the category seemed to go all out to have maximum manufacturers represented to differentiate itself from supercars and to generate manufacturer and fan involvement.
However it seemed at times to be a case of quantity over quality and the Astras and the Subarus seemed like a cash for clunkers program run by the Kellys similar to the start & park teams in Nascar.
Although I fear the effects of the economic downturn, less variety but more reliable well-run entries should see the series improve as a whole.
However I am very saddened by the loss of the GP support races and the delayed start to the action this year.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3992650)   #190
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Nah man. You can say you're a fan of the class. But are you also saying "As long as it stays in its box"? Because that's how I see it.

The double standards in Australia is unbelievable. That's what I should've said to avoid making many posts. Double standards even when it's not meant.

For example. Mark made the point in the previous page about having bought a TCR car, and that TCR is struggling to get off the ground in NZ.

Well, that's fine. But how does that compare to how many COTF has he bought, and how's the COTF series going over in NZ?

Utter garbage.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 04:00 (Ref:3993909)   #191
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Utter garbage? No it isn't.

It's up to you if/how you want to answer the question. But everything else is bang on.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3993929)   #192
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Utter garbage? No it isn't.

It's up to you if/how you want to answer the question. But everything else is bang on.
Good to see someone not afraid to be their own biggest fan

Old 9 Aug 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3993970)   #193
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Which bit is garbage?

Why?
Old 11 Aug 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3994699)   #194
Mixer
Veteran

Unfortunately the most likely reason for TCR to fail is ETCR.

I can see why it has been done but it had splintered the sport already in a bad way. Worldwide economic conditions won't help that.

Old 13 Aug 2020, 01:15 (Ref:3995068)   #195
Mixer
Veteran

Mazda kills TCR project:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/m...gram-canceled/

It is a pity, the car looked sexy and it would be nice to have a relevant Japanese car in the competition.

I just wonder if we have seen the last new TCR car.

Old 13 Aug 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3995144)   #196
Umai Naa
Veteran

Toyota have one in the works via Argentina.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3995145)   #197
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
There'll be many fans in Australia thrilled with the news.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3995147)   #198
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

It is a pity, the car looked sexy and it would be nice to have a relevant Japanese car in the competition.
Honda, Toyota...
Old 13 Aug 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3995160)   #199
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Honda, Toyota...
If the Toyota sees the light of day and runs here I will be surprised.

Compared to Mazda, Hyundai and Toyota, Honda is utterly irrelevant.

But so are Renault, Peugeot, Alfa...

If TCR had a Mazda 3, Corolla and Focus duking it out with the others, you could get owners of their cars interested.

Old 13 Aug 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3995198)   #200
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Compared to Mazda, Hyundai and Toyota, Honda is utterly irrelevant.
Interesting. Out of curiosity, why is Honda an irrelevant brand?

Is it just a sales figures question (I note that Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai models appear in the top ten for 2019)?