Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Apr 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2674730)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Buying DTM tickets?

Can anyone recommend a site for buying DTM tickets other than the official site (they do not accept my card)? I want to book for the Zandvoort race ASAP. Thank you.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2674790)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've bought tickets on the day in previous years for the dtm without a problem, but that wasn't for a grandstand seat. sorry, not very helpful
Old 18 Apr 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2674795)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd love a grandstand seat, I'll accept general admission although. It does have to be for the weekend though. I just don't want to travel all the way there and not get in...
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2674962)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if you turn up on saturday it really shouldn't be a problem. there will at least be places on the dunes left, if nothing else. hope you've got a parking place sorted
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2675028)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Highly unlikely I'll be driving, I'll be flying (hopefully!) over and taking my tent with me. Must look up campsites next...
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2676550)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
there's loads there, it's a classic seaside town tourist trap. the first time i went we slept in my car parked up on the seafront for a couple of nights it's easy enough to fly into amsterdam and then get a train, it's not far to walk from the station to the circuit vicinity. it's not a particularly vintage dtm circuit, if you wanted to get the absolute best of the dtm then do the norisring round instead but zandvoort is a really excellent circuit and town.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2725596)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Bumping an old thread, but will there rally be no problem in getting a GE ticket at the gate? I'd rather have the piece of mind of having it in hand before I leave but the agency I'm buying from is proving to be very troublesome.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2727098)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
they NEVER sell out for the dunes! honest it's a vast area.

have you tried booking via the zandvoort website? i just checked and they're still selling tickets for grandstands and dunes. you will want a paddock ticket though (their pitlane walkabout is just that - no drivers for autographs. but drivers are fair game in the actual paddock if you'd like to meet some of them), and for that you need a grandstand iirc.

here's the address:
http://www.circuit-zandvoort.nl/events/tickets/
Old 15 Jul 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2727156)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Thanks a lot! I couldn't purchase through the Circuit site (I did try) so I went with an agency that proved more trouble that it was worth. I'll just get a ticket at the gate.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2727319)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the ticket shop on the dtm.com site says there's still 20,000 tickets left for the dunes on sunday so it'll be fine their ticket availability stats are actually pretty useful!

fwiw i bought tickets from the nurburgring site which seems to work on the same shop principle so <snip> i should pay more attention, you said they don't accept your card... dur.

totally jealous, enjoy!

Last edited by bella; 15 Jul 2010 at 22:07.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2749421)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Well that was fun.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2749435)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
elaborate!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2749442)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I had no problems getting a camping space or weekend ticket, so I was just left to enjoy the action! Really enjoyed the Euro F3 races, though the SEATs and Porsches didn't interest me so much. The DTM race was great, watching from the dune at Tarzan so I got to watch from the best overtaking point, as well as watch the start/finish and all the pit stops.

Highlights for me included getting to meet David Coulthard's Dad! He spotted my DC hat an introduced himself. I was surprised to say the least (DC being my favourite driver since I was 7 or 8)! He invited me to join him and his friend and we chatted about racing and whatnot. Thoroughly nice guy. You just never know, eh?

I also really enjoyed the funny looks I got when I screamed my approval at DC overtaking Legg right in front of me. Hey, this racing business is pretty exciting after all!

Overall, I really enjoyed my trip to Zandvoort and would definitely go again, perhaps to a different meeting though.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2749446)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's a cracking circuit, isn't it! such a shame they have nimby noise restrictions like brands hatch

where did you stay?
Old 24 Aug 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2749452)   #15
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I was at Camping de Branding, one of the sites just around the corner from the track. It was €60 for a Thursday - Monday stay with a €50 deposit.

I've uploaded some photos here if anyone fancies a look!