Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Feb 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2828901)   #76
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
And DON'T do a number 2 in the loo, someone has to clean it out don't you know!!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2828906)   #77
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
And DON'T do a number 2 in the loo, someone has to clean it out don't you know!!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2828924)   #78
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Remember that there are people who look at you and think you are an idiot too.
To be honest, I find the posh chaps perfectly pleasant. Last year driving to the pit Lane ahead of a Gold Cup saturday free test session, I got lost on the way through the paddock (every corner looks the same syndrome has always been a burden) turned into a dead end and gently drove into a rather nice tea and cake gathering (only tapped the table ever so slightly - think it spun of its own accord Mr Steward).
all china accounted for, laughter all round and not a bad word mentioned.

When I happened to take same the bl**dy route later in the weekend (cant teach an old dog....) on the way to practice (table had gone by the way) I was greeted by no less than an extremely polite 'milk two sugars wasnt it' !

(this could this explain why HSCC has kept me in the novice class again this year - just like comprehensive school - I'll never get out at this rate)
Old 10 Feb 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2828927)   #79
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree, 95+% of all people I've had dealings with at meetings whether they drove their car to the circuit, trailered it, or brought it (or several!) in a motorhome/transporter are enthusiasts only too anxious to talk to you and behave courteously. There are just a few who are breathtakingly arrogant/inconsiderate and/or rude who spoil it for the rest.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2828931)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I agree, 95+% of all people I've had dealings with at meetings whether they drove their car to the circuit, trailered it, or brought it (or several!) in a motorhome/transporter are enthusiasts only too anxious to talk to you and behave courteously. There are just a few who are breathtakingly arrogant/inconsiderate and/or rude who spoil it for the rest.
My kid Sis is into that Horsey stuff, John. No different there!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2828938)   #81
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly; a bit like life then?
Old 10 Feb 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2828941)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Exactly; a bit like life then?
Yes, like life itself
Old 10 Feb 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2828954)   #83
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There are just a few who are breathtakingly arrogant/inconsiderate and/or rude
....... and they become clerks of the course!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2828972)   #84
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I didn't like to say ..... and they chain smoke!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2828979)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thank goodness 'they' don't drive a Winnibego as well.....
Old 10 Feb 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2828983)   #86
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, Chunder, whadya drive to and from the circuit?
Old 10 Feb 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2829045)   #87
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Electric scooter?
Old 10 Feb 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2829082)   #88
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
....... and they become clerks of the course!
Speak for yourself!!!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2829177)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Electric scooter?
A scooter when his mum allows him out.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2829200)   #90
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another proletariat tidbit, this time from last year's trip to England with my brother and his car (Hi, Delta!).

We've spent the morning dodging heavy mist and rain, but here it is lunchtime at Brands, and my marshalling friend Racegypsy and I go down to the paddock to find my mom and brother, and tell them I made it in safely from Vancouver (went straight from Heathrow to Post 2, now there's a rock star for ya ).

I'm admiring the big transporter and the other cars under the canopy with Doug's. I say something to my brother about being in rarefied company and he mutters to me, "I only hope the car doesn't get used to all this coddling. When she gets home she'll be back on the open trailer like always." I nearly fell down laughing.

keke
Old 10 Feb 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2829210)   #91
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A scooter when his mum allows him out.
And @ Tel

I say, cripes you chaps, talk about conforming to stereotype. Next thing you'll be having the oiks cooking your crumpets for you.

"Attack the post, not the poster"
Old 10 Feb 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2829213)   #92
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
My kid Sis is into that Horsey stuff, John. No different there!
One difference Mike - at least the horses have the benefit of producing rather good manure for my veg plot! The '5% group' just produce hot air (at best).
Old 10 Feb 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2829225)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
One difference Mike - at least the horses have the benefit of producing rather good manure for my veg plot! The '5% group' just produce hot air (at best).
Too much of the bloody stuff if you ask me (manure- not hot air) judging by the piles in the road I have to drive round most weeks!

One other difference- don't see too many of them being ridden to events either.........
Old 10 Feb 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2829274)   #94
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Too much of the bloody stuff if you ask me (manure- not hot air) judging by the piles in the road I have to drive round most weeks!

:
Oi rackon that one on a thar joys of living in noorfok boh
Old 10 Feb 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2829278)   #95
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Oi rackon that one on a thar joys of living in noorfok boh

Touche!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2829351)   #96
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to close the thread I think John. They are starting to talk manure.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2829360)   #97
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I think, in general, Robert, that your view has been supported and that perhaps you were getting a tad hot under the collar about the comments of a small minority!

I can close it but better probably to let it exhaust itself and drop off the page a la manure!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 04:44 (Ref:2829471)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
Time to close the thread I think John. They are starting to talk manure.
No change there then.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2829513)   #99
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least I called it manure, could have been worse!
Old 14 Feb 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2831267)   #100
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Jenson Button is selling his motorhome on a certain racecar direct sales site...

I have a feeling that the cream leather would come off second best in a fight with a pair of Delta Motorsport mechanics overalls, though.

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 14 Feb 2011 at 22:33.