Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Mar 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3806892)   #476
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More of the Senna GTR here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHRUI4sayLQ
Old 16 Mar 2018, 02:41 (Ref:3808267)   #477
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glickenhaus published renders of the future SCG 004 Race Car on your Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/ScuderiaCam...type=3&theater
Old 17 Mar 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3808535)   #478
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Glickenhaus published renders of the future SCG 004 Race Car on your Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/ScuderiaCam...type=3&theater
The Glickenhaus SCG 004 will have the GTR Nissan V6-TT engine.

http://m.evomagazine.it/la-glickenha...san-gt-r-62027
Old 20 Mar 2018, 00:22 (Ref:3809232)   #479
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Is it the GTE, the GT3 or the LMP1? Because Glickenhaus is doing it all!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 02:32 (Ref:3809247)   #480
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Is it the GTE, the GT3 or the LMP1? Because Glickenhaus is doing it all!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
I have the feeling that the idea of making an LMP1 has already been forgotten.
I suppose that the same SCG 004 will be able to be adapted to GTE and GT3 as it happens with the Ferrari 488.
The SCG 003 had a good performance in the VLN and the N24 fighting against the German factory teams. They achieved the Pole Position in the last N24 and I think that they won some VLN race.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 06:24 (Ref:3809277)   #481
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see how they'd hope to be able to succeed GTE-PRO, because they will never have as good BoP lawyers as brand recognition $$$ OEMs will. And not only are the big shots all bunched up together because of the artificial leveling, the cars there are generally bullet proofed too now, so it's unlike you'll triumph by reliability...

It's just too bad they seemingly gave up on P1, as they'll be sorry in couple years time if they start rethinking about it again. This right here is/was the best time possible to win Le Mans outright as privateer since 2004-2005 (maybe even 2006). If/when the new GTP rules come around the privateers will fall to the wayside again. That's not to say it wouldn't still be worth it, because the top class is always worth it in my books AND you yourself can make a difference to the outcome with better engineering (as P1 along with F1 is the only place left to actually do that), but it's one of those cases where it smells of comparatively missed opportunity still

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Mar 2018 at 06:40.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3812324)   #482
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Michelin to Run Post-IMSA Season ‘Non-BoP’ GTLM race
First ever opportunity to see unrestricted GTLM cars in competition.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...gtlm-race.html
Old 1 Apr 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3812329)   #483
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Michelin to Run Post-IMSA Season ‘Non-BoP’ GTLM race
First ever opportunity to see unrestricted GTLM cars in competition.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...gtlm-race.html
It's a crappy april fools joke, forget it

(crappy because it makes logically too much sense to have non performance balanced LMGT competition again somewhere)
Old 5 Apr 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3812962)   #484
Deleted
Veteran

Remember that tomorrow will be the first time since forever that we'll see* GTE/GT2 cars without the yellow headlights. Maybe by Saturday morning at sunrise the ACO will have realized it's a bad idea and reverse the regulations - I sure hope so - but probably not

* Well I say "see" figuratively, as we won't be able to witness any of the running, but you know
Old 7 Apr 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3813653)   #485
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Remember that tomorrow will be the first time since forever that we'll see* GTE/GT2 cars without the yellow headlights. Maybe by Saturday morning at sunrise the ACO will have realized it's a bad idea and reverse the regulations - I sure hope so - but probably not

* Well I say "see" figuratively, as we won't be able to witness any of the running, but you know
Did you miss Daytona and Sebring?
Also the change was not willy nilly, it was motivated by safety...

It helps GTD and GTE-Am classes to keep out of the way of the Pro field. As well as more lumens on the road for GTE-Pro.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3813654)   #486
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Did you miss Daytona and Sebring?
Also the change was not willy nilly, it was motivated by safety...

It helps GTD and GTE-Am classes to keep out of the way of the Pro field. As well as more lumens on the road for GTE-Pro.
That's not ACO racing. Also it doesn't matter what you have at Daytona as it's lit like football stadium

Other than the marginal visibility help I don't get how it helps to keep anything out of the way when every car in the field, proto and GT has same lights. But this was already discussed here a month or two ago so I'm not going to repeat those arguments again further
Old 7 Apr 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3813719)   #487
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They're just lights, not a big deal imo. I actually like it better this way because the yellow only matched the Vettes
Old 2 May 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3818892)   #488
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thread bump!

AF Corse (Ferrari)

#51 James Calado, Alessandro Pier Guidi (+Daniel Serra in LM24)
#71 Sam Bird, Davide Rigon (+Miguel Molina in LM24)

BMW

#81 Nicky Catsburg, Martin Tomcyzk (+Philipp Eng in LM24)
#82 Antonio Félix da Costa, Augusto Farfus (+Tom Blomqvist in Spa and LM24)

Porsche

#91 Gianmaria Bruni, Richard Lietz (+Frédéric Makowiecki in LM24)
#92 Michael Christensen, Kévin Estre (+Laurens Vanthoor in LM24)
#93 Patrick Pilet, Nick Tandy, Earl Bamber (LM24 only)
#94 Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Sven Müller (LM24 only)

Aston Martin

#95 Darren Turner, Nicki Thiim, Marco Sørensen
#97 Alex Lynn, Maxime Martin, Jonathan Adam

Corvette

#63 Jan Magnussen, Antonio GarcÃ*a, Mike Rockenfeller (LM24 only)
#64 Oliver Gavin, Marcel Fässler, Tommy Milner (LM24 only)
Old 2 May 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3818968)   #489
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I know it's been talked about a little on the wec thread, but looks like Brabham isn't vaporware afterall- here's the new Brabham BT62 supercar, they're hoping to return to Le Mans with it in the near future apparently. Will 70 cars be enough to get them an entry? Will 70 cars even be sold?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ercar-revealed

Old 2 May 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3818971)   #490
Deleted
Veteran

Glickenhaus GTE doesn't sound entirely realistic, but compared to these guys it's basically done deal

I'd like to say something about Lamborghini. While I don't particularly care whether they show up in GTE as per say, just like I don't with any of these mfgs with the formula as it is now, it would however probably ensure Lambo Trofeo making it's way to the Le Mans "spec series" support bill that's being reshuffled (much like the Legends race used to be between Group C and 1949-1965)

2010 - Porsche Cup
2011 - Ferrari Challenge
2012 - Aston Martin Festival
2013 - Ferrari Challenge
2014 - Porsche Cup
2015 - Aston Martin Festival
2016 - Ferrari Challenge
2017 - Porsche Cup
2018 - Aston Martin Festival
(2019 - presumably Ferrari Challenge)

So they're only letting in the marques involved in GTE. Presumably Ford, Corvette and BMW aren't there because they don't have their own spec series... But Lambo does

I think the last time Lamborghini series at LM was in the 90's? Is that correct?
Old 5 May 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3820000)   #491
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
repost:

Looking at year on year BOP for Spa (2017 vs 2018), Ford and Porsche have near identical BOP to last year. The Porsche is actually 4-5 kg heavier this year at Spa. The ford is 2-3kg heavier. Restrictors and Boost Ratios are near identical to last year as well.

What has changed is Ford and Porsche qualified and are racing 3 seconds faster than last year with near identical BOP to last year. Ferrari are actually the only ones to have brought and evolution aero package, and they are a bit slower than last year.

I don't really think anyone has been advantaged or disadvantaged from year on year at Spa with BOP. However, I do think ACO should have responded to the gap seen at the prologue. Ford and Porsche have found pace this year that didn't come from BOP adjustments.
Old 5 May 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3820118)   #492
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
repost:

Looking at year on year BOP for Spa (2017 vs 2018), Ford and Porsche have near identical BOP to last year. The Porsche is actually 4-5 kg heavier this year at Spa. The ford is 2-3kg heavier. Restrictors and Boost Ratios are near identical to last year as well.

What has changed is Ford and Porsche qualified and are racing 3 seconds faster than last year with near identical BOP to last year. Ferrari are actually the only ones to have brought and evolution aero package, and they are a bit slower than last year.

I don't really think anyone has been advantaged or disadvantaged from year on year at Spa with BOP. However, I do think ACO should have responded to the gap seen at the prologue. Ford and Porsche have found pace this year that didn't come from BOP adjustments.
Maybe they don't believe that the Ferrari is as slow as it is? Might feel like they're holding back a little bit. They hopefully have accurate data to make bop for Le Mans because it'll be pretty stupid to cut the Porsche and Ford then all of a sudden it's the Ferrari's that are the fastest.
Old 17 May 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3822989)   #493
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After seeing the BoP tables for the Nürbugring at the weekend, I've been wondering just what is so special about GTE engines. The Porsche GT3R and RSR both have a four litre flat six and make similar power after the air restrictors have been fitted. Yet the GT3R has 2x41.5mm restrictors (FIA spec) or 2x36mm restrictors (Nürburgring spec) while the RSR has 2x30.9mm (as of the race at Spa). I was hoping some of the more technically-minded people on here might know.
Sources:
https://24h-information.de/wp-conten...12.05.2018.pdf
https://www.fia.com/fia-gt-committee
https://www.fia.com/events/world-end...ance-committee (Decision 18)
Old 17 May 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3822997)   #494
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Really I don't get this BOP malarkey. I feel racing would be good enough without it. I guess what works for Nurburgring works for the Nurburgring. That's how we get a great spectacle. Certainly better than most series.
Old 17 May 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3823023)   #495
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
After seeing the BoP tables for the Nürbugring at the weekend, I've been wondering just what is so special about GTE engines. The Porsche GT3R and RSR both have a four litre flat six and make similar power after the air restrictors have been fitted. Yet the GT3R has 2x41.5mm restrictors (FIA spec) or 2x36mm restrictors (Nürburgring spec) while the RSR has 2x30.9mm (as of the race at Spa). I was hoping some of the more technically-minded people on here might know.
Sources:
https://24h-information.de/wp-conten...12.05.2018.pdf
https://www.fia.com/fia-gt-committee
https://www.fia.com/events/world-end...ance-committee (Decision 18)
Difference is that 911 gt3r engine is basically street engine slighlty modified and tuned for racing trim; 911 RSR engine is the same old gt3 rsr motor, that however got much more racing parts in its build.
Both have similiar power and torque output, revving up over 9000rpm, but the latter being a better tuned engine needs smaller restrictors to achieve same performances.

In early days of this year, I discussed here about how could AMG GT3 and 2017 cadillac dpi have a 100hp different power output despite same displacement, layout and similiar restrictor sizes. The answer is the same.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 23:54 (Ref:3831773)   #496
Articus
Veteran

Repost, Sub 4:00 minute laptime average Le Mans:

Quote:
51 Ferrari: 3:53.5 (253 lap avg)
52 Ferrari: 3:53.6 (257 lap avg)
71 Ferrari: 3:54.2 (250 lap avg)

63 Corvette: 3:53.4 (261 lap avg)
64 Corvette: N/A

66 Ford: 3:53.2 (258 lap avg)
67 Ford: 3:53.2 (259 lap avg)
68 Ford: 3:52.9 (265 lap avg)
69 Ford: 3:53.4 (232 lap avg)

81 BMW: 3:53.1 (242 lap avg)
82 BMW: 3:53.2 (180 lap avg) - crashed out

91 Porsche: 3:52.9 (270 lap avg)
92 Porsche: 3:53.1 (271 lap avg)
93 Porsche: 3:53.2 (258 lap avg)
94 Porsche: 3:53.8 (68 lap avg)) - retired broken frame

What you see is that while Porsche were quick, so was Ford. You can also see that BMW sandbagged point blank.. There is no difference in pace between the BMW, Porsche, and Ford when you look at the average lap time over the race. None of the manufacturers have even complained about the BOP. They complained about the safety car procedure.

While a best lap time or seeing that the Porsche led the whole race on your TV or timing screen may give some people in this forum the illusion that the BOP was not correct, the racing positions and who finished ahead in a trouble free race (without Safety car disruption) is governed by the average laptime. Whatever is gained in the quick laps, has to be lost to the competitors in the slow laps over 24 hours. With the exception of the Astons and the 94 Porsche, the field was covered by 1/2 a second! The averages show that if not for the mechanical issues for BMW, Stop and hold penalties for every Ferrari, the 2:00 minute gap created by the safety car, the slow zone interference, all of these cars would have finished within the same minute and a half depending on just how clean the pitstops were.
L'est we forget that Bourdais was actually racing the Rothman's car at the end. The Rothmans car is where the 92 Porsche would have finished had they not benefitted from the safety car.
Old 28 Jun 2018, 02:25 (Ref:3833399)   #497
AFC-911
Racer

AFC-911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think the last time Lamborghini series at LM was in the 90's? Is that correct?
Have you forgotten about the JLOC Murcielago?
Old 29 Jun 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3833580)   #498
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC-911 View Post
How could anyone forget the team that illuminated their car number with a torch and duct tape?
Old 29 Jun 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3833613)   #499
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC-911 View Post

Never run on Le Mans but I remember also the Reiter's Gallardo GT2 (about 2009?) and the West Yokohama Gallardo on IMSA (2011?). I'm not sure if those two was the same car or not.

...but both was extremelly slow.

Probably Lamborghini is the less succesful brand on ACOish competitions
Old 29 Jun 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3833621)   #500
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
the West Yokohama Gallardo on IMSA (2011?).

WOW, I completely forgot about that team/car...for obvious reasons of course.

Come to think of it, was that Lambo an actual GTE car at the time or was it just a GT3 to GTE conversion? Since the advent of GTE Pro and AM in 2011, I don't think Lamborghini has produced a GTE car outside of that ALMS Gallardo of course, someone will have to check me on that.