Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Dec 2002, 04:58 (Ref:454710)   #1
Cpt. Moose
Rookie

Cpt. Moose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was a big Davey Allison fan. When he died, I kinda stuck with the ole #28 Texaco/Havoline car. Partially as a tribute to him, and partially becuase I liked the way the Yates team operated. Then all of the sudden this year happned. Chevron Bought Tex and decided that they didn't want to pay as much for sponsorship as they were (about Half of what UPS pays for DJ's car). yates decided he wasn't going to put up with a sponsor going soft so he let them go. And when Rudd and Yates decided to part ways, stuff got really nasty. Thats where I lost track of everything.

Here's what I know:
Rudd will drive for the Wood Bros. in the Motorcraft Car.
Elliot Sadler will take Rudd's place, but the Car will now be the #38 M&Ms car.
Chip ganassi picked up Chev/Tex (all I can figure is someone at Chevron likes Dodge, becuase it otherwise makes no sense).

My Question is: will the #28 be snatched up along with the Chev/Tex sponsor? Or will yates hold on to it for when he helps his son start up his team in 04 or 05? Personally, I don't think the Number should leave Yates, both due to the history and to the fact that yates, not the Sponsor, should control it.