Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2790238)   #1
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel didn't deserve to win the championship - Discuss

The only driver imo who doesnt deserve it!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2790241)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
Why do you say that? Did he not score more points than his rivals?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2790249)   #3
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Why Hans, well the Turkish Incident, The Belgium Incident, and never at one point throughout this season has he led the title race. Until now. I agree with who ever finishes with most points but he just looked shockin this season to last.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2790251)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pole position in over half the races suggests he had every right to be fighting for it today.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2790253)   #5
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Garcon, getting things right on a saturday are completely different to getting things right on the sunday
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2790257)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Garcon, getting things right on a saturday are completely different to getting things right on the sunday
He got things right on the sunday too, more often than not, or else he wouldn't have won the championship. I'm of the view that he who deserves it, wins it. Only in cases of foul play would I ever believe otherwise.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2790267)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nonsense. Getting it right on Saturday is vitally important to getting it right on Sunday - just ask Jensen Button. And getting more poles than everyone else put together shows he's the quickest dirver out there over a single lap.

Yes he's caused a couple of pretty major accidents, one with his own team mate (who isn't exactly unblemished in that respect himself, despite his years), but that happens when you're so near the edge. None of the contenders have been blame free this year.

Vettel will, I'm sure, learn from his mistakes. But in the meantime he still managed to collect enough points to win. I think that makes him a deserved champion.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2790288)   #8
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he didn't have those 3 mechanical failures he would have finished with 331 points. Would he not have deserved it then?

He did exactly what he had to. Alonso and Ferrari F*ed it up royally. Alonso needs to learn to stop acting like a baby. He needed to pass 3 cars, he didn't.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2790298)   #9
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jesus we could go on about this crap for years. This year has been full of incidents, each driver having their fair share. To be perfectly honest, Webber, Alonso and Vettel were all deserving. Just because Vettel has won it, that doesn't make him any more deserving than the other two. It has been so up and down for everyone in their own ways.

The biased based bickering is getting ridiculous
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2790305)   #10
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The great thing about the Championship is it is over 19 races. So at the end of the day the person who wins it is generally the one who deserves it. He made mistakes, everyone did, but at the end of the day he won 5 races and scored more points than anyone else. How is that not deserving?

And more to the point, who do you think WOULD have deserved it? Alonso? He had 7 points handed to him on a silver platter. Webber? He generally lacked the pace compared to his team-mate. Hamilton? Did well in the 3rd best car but made some major mistakes.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2790307)   #11
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I deserved to win the title. I just didn't get the car to show it
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2790309)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me too ! Too bad.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2790312)   #13
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Tell me about it, i thought my Mini Cooper had a little more fight in it.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2790313)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
In all honesty, I wasn't a fan of Vettel - I'm still not. But the bottom line is that you win the championship because you get the most points. He did. End of. If they gave it to the most deserving driver, it would be a very different championship because the race results and the car wouldn't matter!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2790315)   #15
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel more than deserved it. After the team orders incident I would say Alonso has more of a case for "not deserving" the title.

As stated above, Vettel finished with the most points and is a worth champion.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2790317)   #16
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Good way of summing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685 View Post
Tell me about it, i thought my Mini Cooper had a little more fight in it.
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
In all honesty, I wasn't a fan of Vettel - I'm still not. But the bottom line is that you win the championship because you get the most points. He did. End of. If they gave it to the most deserving driver, it would be a very different championship because the race results and the car wouldn't matter!
+1
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2790319)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Of course he deserves it!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2790320)   #18
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone is bitter. Fact is, he should have ran away with it if not for rotten luck. Who else lost 75 points this year due to mechanical failure?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2790322)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
He did cry like a girl though
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2790328)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't deserve it? Hogwash. He got more points than anyone else. Period. I don't desperately like the guy, but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it. Shame on the OP for even suggesting it.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2790332)   #21
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
That is true.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2790334)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For a moment I thought it was someone else...
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2790336)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Did anyone else watching the BBC coverage hear the word "Fartmeister" when they went to Vettel's radio?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2790338)   #24
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...maybe Stirling Moss deserves it more...
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2790339)   #25
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who exactly did deserve it then?

They've all made plenty of mistakes.