Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3699356)   #2726
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Agreed and WTF has Mrs Beckham ever done to receive one ?

Anyway all the best to all tenthers I'll raise a glass at 11pm British time tonight. The Spanish always give away loads of Cava on new years eve along with the customary 12 grapes. Cheers
We shall be doing two celebrations - French New Year at midnight, then British New Year at 01.00, so, a Happy New Year to all!

It's still very frosty & foggy, so looks like a cold start to 2017.
Old 31 Dec 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3699357)   #2727
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racing wise I had ups and downs. Losing the engine at Goodwood was costly, then for an unknown reason the replacement was seriously down on power but we didn't find out until Donington when it was too late and very embarrassing.

At the Silverstone Classic I was quite hopeful of a good result but in the race was a couple of seconds off my best in testing the previous Thursday. Eventually I lost a third in class. Looked at the tyres afterwards which gave the reason. Lesson learned, put new boots on for every race.

In June we took the MGB for its first run since 2012. We were going well in the three hours when the points broke. Another lesson, don't run App K when you don't have to. We've found another ten BHP on the rolling road so next year should be better.

Back to Spa for the 6hrs event where I was up against a couple of very quick Capris. Trouble was they either broke or kept throwing them off the track. I came through as second overall in the TDT and First in Class. Nice way to end the season.

From a distance it's been good to read of the successes our Tenthers have enjoyed. Delta's efforts with the Stoke Row event are commendable in the extreme.

Work wise I moved from Ankara to Tirana. Both nice places although Ankara has sadly become less hospitable.

I wish everyone a happy and successful 2017. I do have one worry though.

What will we call this thread?
Old 31 Dec 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3699374)   #2728
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May I wish you all HNY as I doubt I will be awake at midnight to do so....zzzzzzzzzzz......getting old(er)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3699401)   #2729
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter, how about 'Delta's tea break topics'....... Or 'Topical talk with Delta'...... Or something else!

Max, you're not the only one. I'm going over to friends to celebrate 'New Year's Day' tomorrow anyway. So much more civilised for my age group.....
Old 31 Dec 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3699403)   #2730
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Wife has just informed me she's staying up to see the new year in, good luck to her trying to keep the dog from barking at the fireworks as I shall be in bed
Old 31 Dec 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3699422)   #2731
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm off to bed, to old to be staying up late, so I wish you all a Very Happy, Prosperous, and Peaceful New Year.

Congratulations to those who had 'highlights' in 2016, lucky Bustards.

Regards,

Bob.